Forum › Citrus discussion

thisisawesome
Spice05feba64565bfe872d8fa2c70b967986--female-samurai-anime-warrior-girl
joined Mar 26, 2018

this makes me realize that love is overwhelming.. hhhehehheheheheh love citrus manga ..

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Yeah, Im done. This is it. After so many years of drama it turns out it was all for nothing. Final nail in the coffin for me.

Better late than never!

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Bunch of whiners here! The chapter was fine honestly. I don't know what you all expected. Sometimes coming out isn't even a big deal to anyone except the person coming out. The parents always felt easy going to me so I expected them to be supportive. Plus this is Citrus we are talking about, when was it ever realistic writing? You expect Saburouta to be some high level tier writer lol. Oh and if you're all whining over realism and how easy the coming out was... I have a feeling Mei's grandpa won't be as accepting.

Anyways, Love Harumin and she's such a bro. Wish I had a best friend like her.

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 8:35PM

joined Aug 29, 2015

It helps that Ume and Mei's dad were portrayed as an understanding and loving parents but I didn't expect them to be this accepting. after all, they are technically married. it's like Saburo Uta just throws out every consequences of this situtation out of the window.

I'm expecting an extra chapter of Harumin confessing her true feelings for Yuzu by narrating it through her perspective.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

kickap00 posted:

Omg even the readers friendzone poor Harumin

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

kickap00 posted:

Omg even the readers friendzone poor Harumin

Saburouta was clearly trolling the readers making us think that Harumin had feelings for Yuzu. They are well aware of what they are doing lol

joined Aug 29, 2015

kickap00

I don't know if you remember that Saburo Uta made an arc about how society frowns upon same-sex relationship and how the main plot of the story is that they are step-sisters in love with each other.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

kickap00

I don't know if you remember that Saburo Uta made an arc about how society frowns upon same-sex relationship and how the main plot of the story is that they are step-sisters in love with each other.

your point being? Citrus was never a heavy drama focusing on social commentary. It's a cheesy romance novel. The arranged marriage is a cliche straight out of a forbidden love story. Also the fact with them being step sisters. Obviously the story is coming to a close so Saburouta isn't going to take the extra time to draw out something like unaccepting parents. There were enough depressing chapters lately anyway it's nice to get something positive.

joined Feb 21, 2018

Yeah, Im done. This is it. After so many years of drama it turns out it was all for nothing. Final nail in the coffin for me.

Better late than never!

Yeah, I thought I should just suffer through it just to see the ending of one of first yuri series I ever read. But this chapter finally convinced me that it just isnt worth it. There is no way this series can come to a satisfying conclusion and from this chapter it makes it look like Saburouta doesnt even care. I like to thank all the other series I dropped teaching me that sunk cost fallacy can be applied to manga even and I need to learn to not fall for that trap.

joined Aug 29, 2015

kickap00

Maybe Citrus isn't story-centric about social norms but the fact that Saburo Uta made an arc about how close minded society can be regarding same sex relationship is proof that homophobia exist in Citrus storyline.

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 8:58PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Yeah, I thought I should just suffer through it just to see the ending of one of first yuri series I ever read.

If I was in that situation, I guess I'd just come back to see how it ends but only when the actual last chapter is published. I still think this series is best read in one go.

Or just forget it altogether, I think that happened more often than not when a series disappointed me.

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 9:00PM

joined Oct 13, 2014

not gonna lie this was my fav chapter. best mother right there

20190101_004014
joined Apr 14, 2017

Honestly, I enjoyed so far. Sure, the whole thing had me crying internally in anguish at some of the scenes, but personally, I enjoy the random drama and cliche that it follows at times. The art dragged me along, and the story threw me around like a chew toy. Still, I like where it's going. Just a personal opinion of mine, lol.

joined Aug 29, 2015

I honestly thought that Yuzu's coming out to her parents will be narrated detailedly in an intense and yet awkward drama scenario but it was time skip to "We're chill that you and your step-sister were banging each other" LOL

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 9:11PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

To be fair, they were only step sisters for a short time and when they were already a bit "old", relatively speaking.

Also, Ume is best mum and really understanding individual, and the Dad is working to become the chillest dude ever so it's no real surprise.

I don't get why people complain about the lack of consequences of coming out when the biggest drama is to come : coming out publicly in front of Mei's grandpa and the other bunch; with the risk of Mei rejecting Yuzu for embarrassing her or else before they finally get together.

It's the calm before the storm.

"We're chill that you and your step-sister were banging each other"

They sadly didn't have sex yet.

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 9:15PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Klice posted:

Yeah, I thought I should just suffer through it just to see the ending of one of first yuri series I ever read.

If I was in that situation, I guess I'd just come back to see how it ends but only when the actual last chapter is published. I still think this series is best read in one go.

Or just forget it altogether, I think that happened more often than not when a series disappointed me.

What I did was to skip like 15 chapters, you know when Harumin sister showed up and then Yuzu was like "I'm going to be the next press or I'll quit school" and that was so dumb I had to stop reading and I couldn't bring myself to resume that arc, but then, there was that chapter 36 that made a lot of noise everywhere so I had to check it out and now I'm here still not knowing exactly what happened in those chapters but not feeling lost tbh, I guess Citrus is not a masterpiece, is a very easy to read entry level fictional story that doesn't try too hard (and sometimes it tries so little that is funny) but waiting each month to read the next thinking that it will fix itself somehow... That will leave you feeling empty, it really is better to take a break or quit.

i scrolled through all the pages in 10s and did not see mei.

joined Aug 29, 2015

Klice

Technically, It's Ume and Mei's dad marriage that will be in jeopardy with Yuzu and Mei's relationship. However, since Mei's grandpa is like the main antagonist of the story then it's understandable at this point.

But Gramps became chill after his arc, who would have thought that he will return as the yuri-hating dude again.

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 9:36PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Technically, It's Ume and Mei's dad marriage that will be in jeopardy with Yuzu and Mei's relationship.

Honestly, their marriage is more of a benevolent scam than anything else. The point was for Ume to take care of Mei, I guess if Mei and Yuzu ends up together, they don't have any more reason to be together at all. Unless they end up fancying each other, which would be cool for both of them!

I wonder though, how that would work : it's not like they can control their children's behaviour, I'm curious as to why it would render their marriage invalid or threaten it?

joined Jun 30, 2016

Great Yuzu its going to do everything again it seems...... what an amazing one side relationship!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think we may have reached the event horizon where each new chapter of Citrus causes more people to drop the series than ever started reading it in the first place.

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 9:40PM

1916028_1073061359394379_8287547252845901979_n
joined May 1, 2017

booo i wanted Harumin to be the final boss hahaha

joined Aug 29, 2015

Klice

The reason why they got married is too ridiculous to take seriously LOL To be honest, it ruined the story for me because the first three arc was too good and portrayed almost realistically. Well, Matsuri's arc was too entertaining to suspend my disbelief. However, after that, the quality of the story went downhill, the only good thing about arc 5 to 9 is how Mei and Yuzu developed a more romantic and healthier relationship.

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 9:48PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

You know, Yuzu's parents' reaction and Harumi's reaction makes way more sense than any drama Mei and her grandpa has.
Some people would just accept like that. Even more people with no religious beliefs and open mind like all the three always were.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

booo i wanted Harumin to be the final boss hahaha

Same. So disappointed. Next thing is Gramps telling Mei that if she wants to marry her stepsister, "By all means go ahead, why didn't you tell me before that's what you wanted?". And we find out all this drama was in Mei's head.

EDIT: I wonder if there is any chance we get an official HaruminxMatsuri ending here :-(

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 9:55PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.