Forum › Citrus discussion

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Citrus recap at the top of my head:

• Yuzu and Mei meet.
  • Yuzu sees Mei smooching Amamiya-sensei.
  • She frees Mei and Amamiya is never seen or mentioned again.
  • Matsuri comes outta nowhere and makes Mei jealous.
  • Mei decides the best solution is to kiss Matsuri.
  • Matsuri blackmails Mei, but nothing ever comes of it, no one finds out she got smooched by Mei.
  • Oh, time to go on a school trip. Tachibana 1 & 2 appear. 1 seems to love Mei.
  • Yuzu is oblivious to Tachibana 1's feelings for Mei, and acts indecisively.
  • Tachibana 1 and Aihara 1 find out they both love Mei. Tachibana 1 confesses to Mei.
  • Mei decides the best solution is to say yes, but nothing comes of it and they go home, lol.
  • I think they're finally dating now, I'm not sure.
  • Nene & Harumi's sister appear.
  • Nene dyes her hair. Harumi's sister wants to lynch Yuzu & Nene unless Yuzu becomes the next StuCo pres.
  • Yuzu delivers an inspirational speech. Harumi's sister is okay with this. Never gets brought up again.
  • Yuzu has a job.
  • Yuzu meets Shirapon-senpai.
  • Shirapon-sensei loves Mei (why though), but backs off like 4 chapters later. Nothing really happens at this point.
  • They go on a trip. Cue the infamous incomplete sketches of the pages in one of the chapters.
  • Oh, Mei has a marriage lined up.
  • Mei decided that not telling Yuzu about it was the best idea.
  • Mei decides that even though things are not okay, she should run off and complete her duties as Aihara 2.
  • Mei cries and disappears.
  • Yuzu is sad for 4 chapters.
Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

The reason why they got married is too ridiculous to take seriously LOL

Well, it's as good reason as any other. They are both adults who got their lives going. One gets his daughter taken care of, the other sees her life conditions level up. I think it's not as ridiculous as you and I make it sound. After thinking about, it's a pretty fucking brilliant idea!

A beneficial arrangement for two parties, that's what marriage is all about. In terms of "love marriage", it is a bit of a scam but otherwise, it's a perfect win-win.

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 9:54PM

joined Aug 29, 2015

I'm more disappointed that Harumin will only hold the title of the Best BFF Award. Seriously, Harumin becoming the third wheel to Yuzu and Mei is like a dream canon for a lot of Citrus fans.

joined May 10, 2015

I'm surprised anyone expected much drama from the coming out scene, it was obvious that her mother was going to be super understanding. Plus given how subtle Yuzu is she probably knew at least some of this for a while.
Meis dad never seemed to be the type to get worked up either but he took it better than expected.

I for one really liked this chapter.

joined Aug 29, 2015

Klice

If you think you so, but the fact that no one marries another person for the same reason why Ume married Mei's dad made it laughably ridiculous imo

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 10:09PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

kami-sama posted:

I'm more disappointed that Harumin will only hold the title of the Best BFF Award. Seriously, Harumin becoming the third wheel to Yuzu and Mei is like a dream canon for a lot of Citrus fans.

I wanted Harumin to be with vice president chan (drill twintails with big eyebrows)... Both are alone, or at least anything else to focus beside Mei and Yuzu.

joined Aug 29, 2015

kami-sama posted:

I wanted Harumin to be with vice president chan (drill twintails with big eyebrows)... Both are alone, or at least anything else to focus beside Mei and Yuzu.

Well, Himeko is propably going to be ship with Shirapon senpai, since the Harumin x Matsuri ship is too strong to sunk now. you can even see it in the anime and drama cd.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Will you look at that! Something happened! Actual developments took place! Didn't think Saburouta had it in her anymore.

I kid, I kid, but this was a lot better than a lot of the more recent chapters. And it looks promising to go into the next.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Citrus recap at the top of my head:

• Yuzu and Mei meet.
  • Yuzu sees Mei smooching Amamiya-sensei.
  • She frees Mei and Amamiya is never seen or mentioned again.
  • Matsuri comes outta nowhere and makes Mei jealous.
  • Mei decides the best solution is to kiss Matsuri.
  • Matsuri blackmails Mei, but nothing ever comes of it, no one finds out she got smooched by Mei.
  • Oh, time to go on a school trip. Tachibana 1 & 2 appear. 1 seems to love Mei.
  • Yuzu is oblivious to Tachibana 1's feelings for Mei, and acts indecisively.
  • Tachibana 1 and Aihara 1 find out they both love Mei. Tachibana 1 confesses to Mei.
  • Mei decides the best solution is to say yes, but nothing comes of it and they go home, lol.
  • I think they're finally dating now, I'm not sure.
  • Nene & Harumi's sister appear.
  • Nene dyes her hair. Harumi's sister wants to lynch Yuzu & Nene unless Yuzu becomes the next StuCo pres.
  • Yuzu delivers an inspirational speech. Harumi's sister is okay with this. Never gets brought up again.
  • Yuzu has a job.
  • Yuzu meets Shirapon-senpai.
  • Shirapon-sensei loves Mei (why though), but backs off like 4 chapters later. Nothing really happens at this point.
  • They go on a trip. Cue the infamous incomplete sketches of the pages in one of the chapters.
  • Oh, Mei has a marriage lined up.
  • Mei decided that not telling Yuzu about it was the best idea.
  • Mei decides that even though things are not okay, she should run off and complete her duties as Aihara 2.
  • Mei cries and disappears.
  • Yuzu is sad for 4 chapters.

I needed this. Thank you for making this an enjoyable walk done angsty memory lane.

joined Aug 29, 2015

Klice

I think Saburo Uta purposelly didn't want Yuzu and Mei's parents to be the evil villains of the story because it will be too hard to write a happy ending, so, the control-freak Grandfather has to take that role.

But to be honest, if you first read the summary of Citrus, you would think that Yuzu and Mei's parents would be the thorn in their relationship.

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 10:44PM

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

It's funny to read the comments here honestly. People seem to be always complaining no matter what direction the story takes. Why not chillax and enjoy the arts, the fluff, the unnecessary drama (not as angsty as Kodama Naoko my fav of course) and just hope for a happy ending lmao. It's all about managing expectations ya know, and if it dissatisfies you so much, kindly look for another good manga or just draw yourself. (and before you jump at me all angry and defensive, please know that I probably share the same opinion as you on this manga. But hey, I am still reading and so are you)

joined Aug 29, 2015

It's funny to read the comments here honestly. People seem to be always complaining no matter what direction the story takes. Why not chillax and enjoy the arts, the fluff, the unnecessary drama (not as angsty as Kodama Naoko my fav of course) and just hope for a happy ending lmao. It's all about managing expectations ya know, and if it dissatisfies you so much, kindly look for another good manga or just draw yourself. (and before you jump at me all angry and defensive, please know that I probably share the same opinion as you on this manga. But hey, I am still reading and so are you)

Well, this is a forum, so anyone can say whatever they want in a respectable manner. I mean, what's the purpose of a discussion forum, if all of us just have one-sided opinions.

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 10:36PM

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

JUst start dating. You would be way better

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Well, this is a forum, so anyone can say whatever they want in a respectable manner. I mean, what's the purpose of a discussion forum, if all of us just have one-sided opinions.

A sense of extremely creepy unity. (ㆀ˘・з・˘) pls love me

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 11:03PM

joined May 8, 2014

I never felt that there were any romantic feelings between harumin and yuzu. Harumin even told matsuri in one chapter that she didn't look at yuzu that way. Also, the way I interpreted the story was that everyone knew about mei and yuzu, or at least had some suspicion. That's why they were so understanding. Like in chapter 36 where everyone was forcing a smile in front of yuzu even though they knew how much she was hurting.

joined Oct 15, 2014

OMG THERE'S STILL HOPE!!!!

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Love how accepting Yuzu's mother and Mei's dad were. I had a sibling come out a few years ago as transgender, and my parents put up a brave face and accepted it lovingly and supportively. But I could tell they were shocked and a bit bewildered at first. I think it could be the same for Yuzu's parents.
Love Harumin! Best friend ever! I was secretly a Harumin Yuzu shipper, would have loved it.
Citrus is still a fave. No it's not a masterpiece. But it's good, in my eyes.
There's parts I would have done differently, but I am still entertained.

Tumblr_naq5w3cgrf1sbltxmo1_500
joined Jun 27, 2016

MEEEIII COME BACKKKK YOUR WIFEY NEEDS YOU ;(((

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

i bet mei's dad was screaming on the inside.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

i bet mei's dad was screaming on the inside.

"You're gonna do WHAT with Mei?"

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Oh yeah! It looks to be an old fashion wedding crashing, baby!

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

I'll be honest, I was reading this with semi-excited, semi-hyped trembling while covered in a blanket

Hope my mother didn't notice when she walked in

joined Sep 25, 2015

Harumi best girl, I wish she was the end game for Yuzu.
Mei should just get dicked and leave Yuzu's life forever. I never hated a character this much before.
Saburouta should just stop writing and stick to drawing for other better writers.

A
joined May 24, 2013

I'm not buying this romance between Mei and Yuzu. They have an extremely shallow relationship in which Yuzu only likes Mei because she's pretty, and forgives all of her abusive behaviour just because she's attracted to her. I would have preferred an ending where Yuzu abandons Mei because she realizes that she deserves someone better. A Yuzu x Harumin ending would have at least given us a cute gyaru romance.

Sharkexpert12
2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

I'm not buying this romance between Mei and Yuzu. They have an extremely shallow relationship in which Yuzu only likes Mei because she's pretty, and forgives all of her abusive behaviour just because she's attracted to her. I would have preferred an ending where Yuzu abandons Mei because she realizes that she deserves someone better. A Yuzu x Harumin ending would have at least given us a cute gyaru romance.

At this point I keep up out of curiosity of how bad the trainwreck ending will be or if it can magically fix the plot. This went from intresting to contrived drama to just why?

To reply you must either login or sign up.