Forum › Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! discussion

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

I don't know what is it with anime producers picking the weirdest yuri possible, i mean why animating this instead of other good manga like Swap Swap, a Kiss and a White Lily, Bright and Cherry Amnesia, and Kase-san ? even though those manga sell well. I really don't know how do those producers think at all.

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 3:30PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I don't know what is it with anime producers picking the weirdest yuri possible, i mean why animating this instead of other good manga like Swap Swap, a Kiss and a White Lily, Bright and Cherry Amnesia, and Kase-san ? even though those manga sell well. I really don't know how do those producers think at all.

Because it's not the studio that chose most of the time.
You should compare with other Yuri Hime titles instead.

joined Jan 7, 2018

don't the producers know that spending money on the titles i mentioned is better than spending it on this one ? or do they actually somehow profit more from this one ?

What do you mean ?

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 3:38PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

don't the producers know that spending money on the titles i mentioned is better than spending it on this one ? or do they actually somehow profit more from this one ?

What do you mean ?

Yuri Hime has been adapting a lot of their titles lately, so most likely this is another case. They do it to make more people buy their magazine, so it's better not focus just on the same kind of public that they probably already got attention.
Since they already adapted one romance title with Citrus, it makes sense to adapt something else now, to get a different public. I buy Yuri Hime all months and I can say this is probably their best comedy series, so I think it's a good choice.
Their other titles that could get an anime would be Watashi no Yuri Wa Oshigoto (I like it and would rather have it as an anime, but it's still drama, so it could overlap with Citrus fans), TodoIto (please, no) and Biyori (If I had to guess, this is most likely their next title to be adapted).

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Yup - a lot of anime that gets made is financed by magazines, its primary goal is to sell more of the magazine. Thus the only series up for choosing are those currently published in said magazine.

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 3:55PM

joined Jan 7, 2018

ooh that makes a lot of sense why many good manga don't get to be an anime, ok a stupid follow-up question: how can a manga get into those magazines ? do they just add it if they liked it ?
and i'm kinda confused, are those people behind the magazine the producers themselves or do they push other anime producers to pick a project from their magazine ?

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

ooh that makes a lot of sense why many good manga don't get to be an anime, ok a stupid follow-up question: how can a manga get into those magazines ? do they just add it if they liked it ?

It'll depend on the magazine. Yuri Hime sometimes sees a successful author on pixiv or twitter and officially publish their stories. Most common is the author send their storyboards to the magazine to see if they can be published, kinda like it works with books. Sometimes the magazine will make contests with one-shots and produce one series for the author who was the winner. That happened with YagaKimi and Murcielago (although YagaKimi original story was het). Yuri Hime has a lot of one-shot every edition. Some authors for those one-shots sometimes get to make a series, so I'm sure it's related. Also, some publishers go to comiket and such to find artists with potential.
In the end, again, it's not that different than when book authors are looking for publishers around here. Some publishers even make popular fanfics into books.

and i'm kinda confused, are those people behind the magazine the producers themselves or do they push other anime producers to pick a project from their magazine ?

They're the producers themselves, but not alone. They get the idea and try to make a committee to invest money. The producers in that committee are promised that the series has potential to make money in some way, be it streaming rights, CD sales, toy sales, etc. The story having the potential to sell and the publisher being big enough probably help to add trust in the title's success. Usually, the most interested party and the one giving the idea to animate the title is the publisher itself, but not always. When you see an old finished story getting one anime, more likely it was not the publisher's idea.
Keep in mind that those producers might not even watch anime or read manga, so it could be easy to sell a flop to them and it could be hard to sell a clearly good idea. Also, niche markets are hard to be convincing.
Sometimes the studio itself is part of the committee, though.

By the way, Yuri Hime's publisher, Ichijinsha, was a very small publisher until they were bought in 2016 by Kodansha, a big name in the industry. That's probably why we see more Yuri Hime titles being animated now.

joined Jun 12, 2015

I hope its not one of these 5 minute long episode series.

It probably is.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

It probably is.

It's Doga Kobo. Probably it's a full series.

joined Jun 12, 2015

It probably is.

So what? They don't have enough material for 12-13 episodes, 24 min each. This manga has 3 Volumes so far. It's not the same as New Game where you get two times more material for one volume than this.

Just my speculation.

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 4:51PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

It probably is.

So what? They don't have enough material for 12-13 episodes, 24 min each. This manga has 3 Volumes so far. It's not the same as New Game where you get two times more material for one volume than this.

Just my speculation.

Almost 4 volumes, actually. I'm sure the volume 4 and maybe close to volume 5 will be out when the anime starts airing. This series has two chapter by month.
Also, Doga Kobo usually adds a lot of original material in their series. It has more than enough for a full series. Fact is Doga Kobo never did short before, not sure why they would make one now. If that was their intention, they would get another studio.

joined Jan 7, 2018

Thanks @Wtv :)
and also that collage girl must have a serious communication problems if she's worrying over how to make friends with a grade schooler lol

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 5:18PM

User
joined Jun 10, 2018

Messed up the file sizes pretty bad. I've exported it as jpg now so it's significantly better.

https://mega.nz/#!PIMQiArb!jhc7iG7U97KA9GaIDKfwrZifvKu5nIt1JAP0hKTZu1U

Can someone update the files?

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

First two episodes suck but maybe it will get better. It feels like it won't..

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It was at this moment, Oneesan knew she fucked up

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

It was at this moment, Oneesan knew she fucked up

No. It was in that moment that Hana knew, Oneesan was fucked up.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

No shame, no gain?

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Great debut name/avatar combo

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

I don't care what people said cause this's totally my cup of pudding.

joined Dec 10, 2017

I’m excited for this series! I love Onee Loli stories.

Smkrdb5kcvhg_wq4izmcf2mpp_pv4mkvlgohghl-kq8
joined Mar 13, 2018

a

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Really lame

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

My computer froze twice while reading this. I think it's trying to tell me something.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Meh, just had to go down the old cosplay-pervert-photo-route :/

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

And here we observe the Disaster Lesbian in her natural habitat. Today's specimen is the rare HikiNEET subspecies, which will make long-term study much easier on our field team.

To reply you must either login or sign up.