last edited at May 22, 2018 7:36PM

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

what a fucking bitch

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

People still confusing explanations/reasons with excuses ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not so sure about that. I try to stay off the "Character is a Bad Person" wagon, at least until all or most of the story is told, but in this case Liz was already being manipulative and borderline emotionally abusive in previous chapters; in this chapter she tips over into outright physical abuse.

While it's true that past trauma can lead to victims becoming abusers, the "dumped because graduation" trope is so shopworn that we've already seen it used in many a fairly lightweight yuri story (here's one that immediately comes to mind: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/first_love_sisters. And Sayaka in Bloom into You reacts to almost precisely the same circumstances by being at first quite hurt and then remaining rather miffed at her ex.)

I was very interested in learning about the underlying causes of Liz's dysfunction, but given her extreme behavior this explanation is at best anticlimactic.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Yeah no, Liz is flat out an ass in this scenario. Her backstory is not nearly "tragic" enough to make up for what she's doing to Honjou, who made an innocent mistake and clearly is remorseful.

Her emotional reaction last chapter I could accept, but physical violence is waaaaay over the line... never mind the fact the person she's inflicting it on isn't even part of the situation outside of the aforementioned mistake.

Completely unsympathetic, and if that's intentional then good job... but it's going to take a lot for me to be okay with them getting together after that.

"Oh I'm hurting, so I've got the right to go around playing with people and stepping on other people's feelings'... That's all of Momono Moto's series lately. And I mean it, ALL OF THEM.

This is good to know, will have to step into any of Moto's works with extreme caution from now on if this is a sampling of Moto's work.

last edited at May 22, 2018 8:39PM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Not only was it earring-related trauma, but they were they exact same earrings! What's the chance of that? Honjou is pretty damn unlucky. I mean, it was bad luck meeting this madwoman in the first place, but the earrings thing is such a huge coincidence. Plus, how important are the earrings really? She reacted negatively twice already, and the first time it was literally just from having her ear touched!

Also, it's pretty incredibly that Liz has gotten this far in life with that attitude. How is she even able to be in a band? I'd expect her to have attacked one of her bandmates for the crime of giving her the same brand of soda that Sempai used to.

I don't think she's a terrible person. Clearly that event hurt her a lot, and she's probably suffering from some kind of mental illness. But why would anyone else choose to put up with someone like that?

last edited at May 22, 2018 9:17PM

joined Jan 10, 2017

Arbitrarily throwing in earrings that have no real significance to the story as a major plot point is appallingly idiotic on the writer's part.

It might have worked if they were a "loaded gun" so to speak that had significance otherwise early on, but this is just stupid.

last edited at May 22, 2018 9:34PM

joined Aug 28, 2016

At this point I'm wondering if the ex will appear later in the story for maximum drama. That dead, hopeless look in her eyes on page 9 makes me think she wasn't being honest about her own feelings. If she got her shit sorted out while she was away in America and now she shows up again with a new girlfriend... I don't think Liz would handle that well.

AnAsianBrony
Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Yeah, Liz's backstory doesn't make me feel bad enough to sympathize with her. Based on her actions, Honjou is too good for her.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I don't think she's a terrible person. Clearly that event hurt her a lot, and she's probably suffering from some kind of mental illness. But why would anyone else choose to put up with someone like that?

Doormats exist. You would be amazed how many relationships I know of where it just utterly baffles me why one of the partners puts up with the other. And to be honest, Maki does leave an impression of a doormat. Most people would probably not apologise in her place, and most would definitely not react to being slapped for no reason whatsoever by being concerned for the wellbeing of the person slapping them.

last edited at May 22, 2018 10:10PM

Slime
joined Aug 19, 2013

I think it's interesting that Liz put on this whole shtick of mysterious mature beauty... Only to find out she's an immature childish brat. Obviously she's got a few screws loose treating the object of her affections that way. The question is... Will she be worth it? Will she grow into an actual adult? Is Honjou interested or up to the task of doing that for her? I think there's a potential for the story to get interesting, even if for now it's a bit frustrating. I really didn't like that 180 degree turn in Liz's character.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Well, I just hope that Maki can show Liz the liberating power of a well timed headbutt.

last edited at May 22, 2018 11:16PM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

"Oh I'm hurting, so I've got the right to go around playing with people and stepping on other people's feelings'... That's all of Momono Moto's series lately. And I mean it, ALL OF THEM.

This is good to know, will have to step into any of Moto's works with extreme caution from now on if this is a sampling of Moto's work.

The only series that I could say I loved from her was Kimi Koi Limit. That one was good, nowadays every story from this author follows the same pattern Girl being a bitch -> reveals dark past -> they end up together.

Icon
joined Sep 22, 2015

I need more of this ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Say kids, you know what we need more of in Yuri stories?
"What is it Mr.Cats?"
Cliff-hangers! That's what!!

It's actually very realistic, how (badly) Liz is reacting over the whole earring thing, IDK why people are complaining... she's a jerk, lots of people are! Hopefully she'll learn and grow out of it but... :/

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

You know, I'm probably going to sound immature and antagonistic, but I just need to get this off my chest.

Fuck Liz. Fuck Aki. I was thinking about why I disliked stories like this so much, and then I remembered why. And that memory is so upsetting that I just want to cry.
Someone just like Liz or Aki, who takes their own issues and torments someone else for them, made my life hell for a time. I suffered. And that ordeal was half of the root that led to the problems I'm having now. I never wanted to remember that, and words can't even describe how awful I feel now that I have. And this happens to be the second time this month that this has happened.
I really hope this wasn't supposed to cultivate any sort of sympathy for Liz's character. Because I agree with people saying that she's just being a huge baby bitch. And a huge baby bitch just like her nearly ruined my life. I dropped The Rain and the Other Side of You because I hated one of the leads and the other was just a spineless idiot, but this takes that and turns it up to eleven.

Again, I know it doesn't paint a good picture of me to post something like this, but... God damn, I don't need more reasons to feel awful about myself, yet I keep getting handed them anyway.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^Sorry you went through that, P. It can really suck to have your pain reflected back to you like that from something you’re hoping to enjoy.

I really hope this wasn’t supposed to cultivate any sort of sympathy for Liz’s character.

Yeah, best case here is that the authors are going someplace odd with this story, only using familiar tropes. Otherwise it looks, as you say, like the story wants us to “understand” Liz’s present actions in terms of her past. If so, it’s a major Epic Fail, at least for me, and judging by the responses here, for others as well.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Lol i wish the manga actually went the cliche "Honjo was Liz's ex but forgot about her" route because this just makes Liz look like such a bitch for taking her anger out on someone who knows nothing about her past and is completely unrelated. Like seriously screw you.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Lol i wish the manga actually went the cliche "Honjo was Liz's ex but forgot about her" route because this just makes Liz look like such a bitch for taking her anger out on someone who knows nothing about her past and is completely unrelated. Like seriously screw you.

If it had gone that route - Honjo completely forgot how badly she hurt Liz or something to that effect - I honestly would be much more understanding, even if the physical violence was still over-the-top... but I'd get it.

This though, just from a "writing characters" perspective is just... really weird. I'm absolutely certain people like both characters exist (I've been said to kinda be a doormat at times in the past), but I guess my biggest problem is the narrative seems like it really wants us to feel bad for Liz.

Maybe it's an intentional swerve? I dunno. I'm a little more cooled off now, but earlier, reading that actually got me agitated lol. Mission accomplished I guess? =p

Hitsugi%20icon
joined May 23, 2018

Uggghhhhh this manga was so good and sexy at first, what happened?

I mean, it's obvious what happened, but like... why would the author choose to take this path? It's not original, it works to make Liz infinitely less likeable and interesting (which sucks because she was so cool at first), and it destroys any chemistry they might've had up until this point. The chapter endings suck too. Like, the point of having an episodic format is that something gets resolved each episode. Yeah, we learned why Liz is being a bitch, but nothing about the actual, present situation changed. That's just really annoying for any reader. I'll keep going because it started out good, but dang.

Slime
joined Aug 19, 2013

I'm just hoping Liz is just nuts. Or there's something else that explains her behavior. I lost respect for her when she slapped Honjo. And yeah the "it was just for pretend" high school relationship trope is waaaaaaaaaaaay too weak to explain such childish and crazy behavior. I'm just hoping there's way more to this story that we haven't seen yet that adds depth and complexity to Liz's character which explains a lot of it. Otherwise this is a story that'll go pretty much nowhere. Especially if Honjo continues to act like the doormat she's being made out to be.

Slime
joined Aug 19, 2013

I will say this... the Liz in the high school uniform seemed more mature and level headed than the adult Liz.

joined May 23, 2018

I would like to see Honjo being frustrated with Liz. Coz, she walked in through her life, outted her, flirted, kissed her out of nowhere and left her without an explanation/confused her, and also slapped her. Tho Liz did all of that, it still make Honjo on her journey to fall in love with her. I would like to see the story goes..

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Why why why. We wait so much for a new chapter but it's the same thing again. If this was a weekly series it would be ok but it takes months for a new chapter. First three chapters were great but lately there is no story at all?

last edited at May 23, 2018 3:42AM

Sharkexpert12
2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

I feel 75% of that pain waiting for this to update.

32104671_1715652908533240_2109611648586088448_n
joined Jul 30, 2015

Thats not fair of her... Tomboy Girl didn't know anything about her past and now she is the evil one?!.. No..Thats so wrong!!! -.-

To reply you must either login or sign up.