Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

joined Feb 21, 2018

Its a rarity to see an accepting parent in a yuri manga, its even rarer to see a supporting one who tries to get their gay daughter a date.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Its a rarity to see an accepting parent in a yuri manga, its even rarer to see a supporting one who tries to get their gay daughter a date.

That could be it, but then again, he could just be glad his socially awkward daughter has a friend, and also understands that his daughter is, well, socially awkward. He was also over the top happy when he first found out Koyuki's club would get a new member, without knowing almost anything about Amano back then. Even without the whole blatant gayness, it is obvious Honami does not make friends easily, and for that matter I do not think she even has any beyond Amano. Gay or no gay, of course he would be supportive.

last edited at May 17, 2018 2:20PM

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

Not only that, I think Mr. Honami actually has a clearer idea what’s happening than said gay daughter.

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

Honami sensei is working his way to be the MVP of this story.

Blye_Flamsteed
Evavatar
joined May 8, 2018

I swear, If Kaede chan and Honami sensei were a couple, they would be da best real mvp couple of all time. But that would be too much age gap and too het and we're here for yuri dammit

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

Why did this chapter get the Stalking tag? Koyuki wasn't following Konatsu at all. She got the text from Konatsu, felt upset that she was spending time with Kaede, went on a walk, incidentally saw Konatsu at the beach, hid from her, then went home. Literally nothing even resembling stalking. Unless it's in reference to Konatsu appearing at Koyuki's house without telling her first. But that's also a stretch...

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

Instant Messenger apps with read notifications are the worst

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

Instant Messenger apps with read notifications are the worst

This is why WeChat >>> LINE

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

IRC is the only way

95f1a9bd40ff126607c8a9ebc4af9876
joined May 11, 2018

Can't wait the next chap and they'll be going to (summer festival) -
but wait guys! What's mean by MVP?

joined Sep 9, 2016

"Most valuable player." It's usually a sports term/award given to a player who is deemed to be the most indispensable to his/her team's success.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Most Valuable Primate/Most Vertical Primate, it’s in reference to a monkey that plays hockey/competitive skateboarding.

joined Sep 9, 2016

Most Valuable Primate/Most Vertical Primate, it’s in reference to a monkey that plays hockey/competitive skateboarding.

Topkek

Lily%20season1
joined Feb 4, 2013

"Most valuable player." It's usually a sports term/award given to a player who is deemed to be the most indispensable to his/her team's success.

"Most Valuable Parent" >>>Honami Papa
"Most Valuable Pal".... maybe Gal Pal later? >>> Kaede-chan

joined Mar 11, 2016

Ch. 7: Just point less drama! So many pages wasted. :c

joined Feb 21, 2018

That could be it, but then again, he could just be glad his socially awkward daughter has a friend, and also understands that his daughter is, well, socially awkward. He was also over the top happy when he first found out Koyuki's club would get a new member, without knowing almost anything about Amano back then. Even without the whole blatant gayness, it is obvious Honami does not make friends easily, and for that matter I do not think she even has any beyond Amano. Gay or no gay, of course he would be supportive.

You forget that other people already asked Koyuki out to the festival. The manga starts out making it a point that Koyuki is pretty popular. A lot of Koyukis reluctance comes from not wanting to offend the people she already turned down. If it was about supporting just friendship why doesnt dad encourage Koyuki to hang out with the people who asked her out instead of forcing her to ask someone else?

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

You forget that other people already asked Koyuki out to the festival. The manga starts out making it a point that Koyuki is pretty popular. A lot of Koyukis reluctance comes from not wanting to offend the people she already turned down. If it was about supporting just friendship why doesnt dad encourage Koyuki to hang out with the people who asked her out instead of forcing her to ask someone else?

Because they aren't her friends? She clearly didn't want to go to the festival with those people, so why would he make such a tone-deaf suggestion?

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

You do realise she was not shown to have a single friend before Amano showed up, right? She is not just reluctant to offend, lol, she is also painfully shy and socially awkward, something that her father knows. The guy was practically jumping when he saw his daughter would have another club member, and Amano was almost a complete stranger to him at that point. As I said, gay or no gay, of course he is going to be supportive, even if he sees them as just friends. He could be cluing in on the gayness, but I do not think that it can be argued as the only possible view, and to be frank, I do not even see it as being more probable.

last edited at May 17, 2018 10:15PM

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

So Cute!!!!!

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

My love for this manga knows no bounds. Both characters are painfully lovable, endearing side characters too, no forced dramatic events, even character monologues are a far cry from the usual 20-page "hmm do i like her or do i not" bs. Man does the mc have guts to go right up to Honami senpai.

Just two girls learning how to talk to each other. Very wholesome, very slow burn, very gud.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

Whether or not her dad's actually shipping her, I'm glad he and the little brother are nice folks. Many authors would've given her a really cold family, but it's not really necessary for the story to work. Koyuki can still be characterized by her loneliness and her relationship with Konatsu can still be heart-warming even if she isn't completely alone otherwise.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Not only that, I think Mr. Honami actually has a clearer idea what’s happening than said gay daughter.

Coming out of the closet should be an interesting experience.

"Dad... I'm gay."

"You sure are."

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

barce urself, it'll still the same even in chap 11 lol

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

How the hell is this subtext this is gay as fuck

THIS

This manga is more Yuri than some of the stuff on here that is actually tagged yuri.

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

barce urself, it'll still the same even in chap 11 lol

There is no chap 11 yet. The manga is still ongoing in Japan and chap 10 was released just a few weeks ago

To reply you must either login or sign up.