Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

Av
joined May 25, 2015

Ever since Stretch, I advocate for Super Friendship

I second this tag.

joined Jun 30, 2015

I believe we need a referendum to decide whether this is subtext or gay as fuck.

Only through democrazy of our Yuri wisdom we reach the Steins;Gate.

I will vote for Super Friendship

Av
joined May 25, 2015

Everybody can see it; as soon as they are near each other, any situation devolves into a flirtfest; the moment someone asks about their relationship, they say they are the best of friends.

joined Apr 3, 2012

You all really think this is subtext because of the tag? Lol. Koyuki is clearly gay for Konatsu. Konatsu is slowly catching on to her feelings.

I'm not all that worried.

Though I know the yuri fandom is a traumatized fandom.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

From Konatsu's perspective it's easy to see them as just friends.

But every little interaction on Honami's side is so emotionally charged it's hard to see it as anything but a lesbian crushing on her classmate. We're way past "she just isn't used to affection/intimacy".

last edited at May 9, 2018 10:17PM

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Let's make a deal, admins. You add the Yuri tag and we'll discuss the actual manga content.

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

how about ,
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful Subtext

it based on Yukko & Mai Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful Subtext moment in Nichijou pftt

joined Mar 21, 2016

You all really think this is subtext because of the tag? Lol. Koyuki is clearly gay for Konatsu. Konatsu is slowly catching on to her feelings.

Ive already read 10 chaps,
n u know wut? it's definitely not yuri,
it's clearly Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful Subtext.
n I get the feeling, it might've ended with nthn happened too,
just like the other Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful Subtext Manga called Riko & Haru & Irukawa Hot Springs.
nthn happened to the end

joined Apr 3, 2012

just like the other Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful Subtext Manga called Riko & Haru & Irukawa Hot Springs.
nthn happened to the end

I've read them too, and I think the yuri ship is sailing, not just girl ship. Especially with the little bonus shorts involved. We'll see.

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Underrated comment. Being a fan of a genre that does not deliver more times than it does, its just simply not good for a normal person's mental state. There's only so much high profile cop-outs and bait & switches that you can take before you're optimism just crumbles down in on itself and you just can't help yourself from being overly paranoid at any ambiguity.

On the subject of this manga though, personally I like that it's tagged as "Subtext". I went in hoping to just enjoy a simple story about girlfriendship, so I was surprised at how romantic their interactions are. However as long that "Subtext" tag remains, I know not to put too much hope in any definitive relationship changes and just enjoy the story for what it is.

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

I agree with user who thinks this is actually sailing, but with Koyuki's personality I cant actually imagine how the author is gonna land the yuri.
About the subtext discussion, I mean, I see what the point of the tag is, but as a person who has been in love and who has gone through pretty much same things as Koyuki, it is kind of annoying that they are saying one's feelings are "subtext" still, this is manga, and what is obvious for the reader may not be so for the characters and at the end of the day there are mangakas who force the characters do their binding, instead of letting the character decide where the story is going ...and I guess this is just me rambling xD

Jinx%20avatar%20150x150
joined Jan 11, 2017

At what point does Subtext get upgraded to at least Yuri crush? Even if it's one-sided right now, I think Koyuki's past the point of no return.

That's a downgrade, Yuri crush usually means one-sided.

last edited at May 9, 2018 11:50PM

joined Mar 21, 2016

nthn happened to the end

I've read them too, and I think the yuri ship is sailing, not just girl ship. Especially with the little bonus shorts involved. We'll see.

I bet it'll end up like Riko & Haru & Irukawa Hot Springs, I literally can smell it

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

Dude I love this Doujin but what's with the "not lizard" tag?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Wanderer posted:

Dude I love this Doujin but what's with the "not lizard" tag?

Because it's a salamander????

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

SUBTEXT MY FOOT

IF THIS ENDS LIKE STRETCH ILL BE SO MAD

joined Aug 28, 2016

At what point does Subtext get upgraded to at least Yuri crush? Even if it's one-sided right now, I think Koyuki's past the point of no return.

That's a downgrade, Yuri crush usually means one-sided.

The tag description for Yuri crush actually says it's not meant as a tag for one-sided love. It's a bit confusing, but in practice it seems to be used to mean something like "there are clear yuri themes but no serious relationship progression". I think it's in a different category from Subtext, which is more like "the relationship between characters develops but the nature of their feelings remains ambiguous".

last edited at May 10, 2018 3:58AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

As for the manga in and of itself, there's no progression to speak of as of now. They are becoming Super Friends and it's a slice of life.

Now, what? Drama?

joined Jul 26, 2016

More not lizards obviously.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

Date friends No homo Girls love DENIED

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Gal being Pals

last edited at May 10, 2018 11:06AM

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

I read those chapters 5/6 times per day every time a new come out, hands down, outside Bloom Into You, best ongoing yuri series.
9/10

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

I just read the "snowflakes" manga, which is labeled as yuri and has significantly less yuri than this one, the only " difference" I could find was that one of them acknowledged being in love.
So... I am guessing that is all that is needed for an official tag change

Me!
joined Apr 14, 2018

uhhhhhh lemme get the uhhhh tag change with the uhhhhhhhhh gay women thanks

95f1a9bd40ff126607c8a9ebc4af9876
joined May 11, 2018

Sweet and cute

To reply you must either login or sign up.