Forum › Amanchu! discussion

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yuki Kitsune posted:

Honestly, knowing this author's works, I never expected it to go beyond subtext -- some underlying feelings which never quite come to bloom. But the anime has really been playing up the yuri-esque aspects of their relationship. Kind of startling how overt the signals there have gotten.

Hibike all over again. Girls are fine having romantic experiences with other girls as long as when they grow up they marry a guy, fuck him and have children.

joined Feb 21, 2018

No, its crap because its yuri bait up until the author got sick of fans shipping her characters so she had one turn homophobic stating girls can't love girls and the other one accepting a marriage proposal from a 13 year old on their first date.

Not to mention the whole dream warrior and Peter pan stories being crap in general.

So you made up a ship, that's only subtext and get pissed when It doesn't turn out to be yuri.

Yes, the "made up" ship that the author felt that she had to go out of her way to directly address in the manga, making sure every reader knows that girls cant love girls. And dont write off the terrible writing of a 17 year old accepting the marriage proposal from a 13 year old on their first date. Not even considering the yuri bait, that is just awful.

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

What characters are being shipped by the fans should be neither here nor there. Fans will always ship characters they like any-which-way they so choose and damn the canon! Besides subtext to me is more about hope than certainty, the hope of something more wonderful being hidden just out of sight, and so does not need to be addressed in any way. For as long as it remains ambiguous it both is and isn't (is for those who want it and not for those who don't) allowing us all to be happy readers and authors.

The unfortunate thing here is that in (we assume) reacting to this issue the author has upturned the dynamic of the manga in a rather serious way, introducing a range of elements that up until this point had not existed. As a result it has created a slight sense of distance between Pikari and Dotty, where none had existed before, and in contrast to what the story had been about; the growing depth of their friendship with each other. It is extremely jarring!

This was also done in a rather brutal manner so i am unsurprised why people are reacting to it the way they are or how it has been interpreted the way it has. To me it's a shame because the focus here has been so forced that it feels the story has jumped tracks entirely and now going onwards i'll no longer be reading a heart warming tale of this wonderful friendship but now instead it seems it'll be random school and diving stuff with some sort of mediocre romance tacked on.

last edited at Apr 16, 2018 5:50PM

joined Jan 25, 2017

Point worth considering: Whether or not Amano MEANT for readers to view Teko/Pikari romantically really doesn't have any bearing on the fact that a huge number of them DID. And I would say the responsibility for that always lies with the Author, not with the Audience. It's the author's job to make themselves clear and tell their story in a way that the audience can understand and accept, it's not the audience's job to smile and nod at anything and everything set before them uncritically.

Alvaro-uribe-y-la-polemica-llamada-de-falsos-testigos-que-investiga-la-corte-612955
joined Nov 15, 2017

At times like these we must remember that the way of Yuri...
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_danshi_ch03#16

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

LionJSG posted:

OMG and from the same chapter look at the reference to Aria hahaha
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_danshi_ch03#25

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

LionJSG posted:

OMG and from the same chapter look at the reference to Aria hahaha
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_danshi_ch03#25

this is some deep shit i think we could learn a lot from this chapter

"the yuri lovers bear such bounldess feelings for yuri that they sometimes create fiction with their surroundings
right now aren t i arrogantly appliying yuri standards to something that has never had anything to do with yuri in the first place?
am i acting like those militant yuri extremist ?
i was mistaken
when my hopes for yuri turn into despair my sorrow was incomparably unbearable
however if i truly love yuri then it is precisely at time like this i must act with a certain temperance "
-the yuri danshi

last edited at Apr 17, 2018 5:49PM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

of course the manga is a yuri bait as cruel as hibike but hey at the end of the day is the author s manga not ours
so we shoud calm down and go read actual yuri

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

benja posted:

of course the manga is a yuri bait as cruel as hibike but hey at the end of the day is the author s manga not ours
so we shoud calm down and go read actual yuri

Easy for you to say
Your heart has never been broken
Your pride has never been stolen
Not yet not yet

Sorry sorry... Is just, that was the first thought I had.

Yeah I won't talk about this anymore, is just that sadly I can not like it anymore neither (at least not like I used to) knowing that there will be more romance coming and I never asked for this, doble standard maybe? I would be super happy with yuri romance of course but at least that would've made a lot more sense ... I'll just finish with a huge siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh and move on.

last edited at Apr 17, 2018 7:34PM

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

and the cycle of suffering continues kek

7a91ba1a32d6e3c4be8f25164edac180
joined Oct 29, 2016

It was alright with Aria— most of the subtext came from the anime and the manga had little to no subtext, if I recall correctly. Aika's "love" was more like an obsession or hero-worship of Alicia and never really felt romantic.

But FUCK, am I disappointed by this chapter. The shift in tone was so abrupt and felt really poorly-executed. D:

Please end this already.

last edited at Apr 17, 2018 9:57PM

joined Apr 18, 2018

Now that this manga has become some hetero bullshit, please remove it from this website. Thanks. Also don't understand why the het tag even existed. Ain't this a yuri dedicated website?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Aries_Lufir posted:

Ain't this a yuri dedicated website?

It isn't.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nevri posted:

Aries_Lufir posted:

Ain't this a yuri dedicated website?

It isn't.

Dynasty uses yuri as bait to get people interested in het

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

cancelled

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I won't get into whether it's "bait" or not, because we have no way of knowing what was originally intended. But I have to say I'm honestly shocked with how the protagonists subtexty relationship was handled. At the least, it shows that the author isn't letting the characters dictate the direction of the story. At the worst, it comes across as homophobic if what I'm reading here is true.

last edited at May 8, 2018 3:08AM

joined Apr 1, 2017

What makes it worse is that Kokoro basically poofs from the story immediately afterward. He doesn't even appear at all for an entire volume, and gets little or even no mention at all. He doesn't really have any meaningful appearances in the manga until chapters in the 70s, with is next "big" scenes not happening until like chapter 78, which is almost 20 chapters after the reveal, nearly 2 years worth of time in reality since this is a monthly series. Its like Amano introduced him for the sole purpose of getting people to stop shipping Pikari and Teko (because she never realized that she was writing a light yuri series) but didn't think of what to do with him afterward.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

yuri is dead!!! the author killed it!!! also incest is dead...
it's dead!!!

last edited at May 19, 2018 1:15PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Amanchu? more like A man chu ws up and ruins everything, am I right? #NeverForget

last edited at Jun 2, 2018 6:42PM

joined Apr 18, 2018

The anime is fucked up too so don't watch the damn thing. Fuck you, Amano!

joined Jun 9, 2018

Amanchu! should wear the fantasy or supernatural tag because of all of Peter's bow.

joined Feb 25, 2018

Those tags… lol

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

RIP!!!!
https://storage.animetosho.org/sframes/0008099f_1030119.png?s=3

Well, i wanted to watch this Anime, but now there's no sense to do it..! That's quite homophobic.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

RIP!!!!
https://storage.animetosho.org/sframes/0008099f_1030119.png?s=3

Well, i wanted to watch this Anime, but now there's no sense to do it..! That's quite homophobic.

I don't think you even remotely understand what the term "homophobic" even means.

To reply you must either login or sign up.