Forum › Amanchu! discussion

joined Mar 15, 2017

Regarding later chapters and shipping for Pikari, Kokoro, the kid that Pikari met in ch 33, is revealed to be a boy and Teko declares that she will support him, because his crush on Pikari is different to hers.

last edited at May 22, 2017 7:03PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Thanks for the clarification!
And regarding what Reejun said now that I remember, that was the spoiler(but they didn't mention that it was the kid)... And even though what Teko said could be taken as veeeeeery indirect rejection, I doubt the author would go for the het ending with a shota trap for Pikari, there's waaaaaaaaaaaay more chance for yuri so I'm gonna keep reading because my fear is now gone. In fact, I don't even care if we get yuri or not as long as we don't get het out of nowhere.

last edited at May 22, 2017 7:26PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Based on Aria, the most likely resolution is no romance at all

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nezchan posted:

Based on Aria, the most likely resolution is no romance at all

That's Perfect for me! I just need the fluffy feeling of their daily life.

Himawari-san_v04_ch33_005
joined Mar 6, 2017

why chapter 54 is skipped? it's there on the cafe scans' page...

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Woa Amanchu is here!! Awesome!

Genbuakicon
joined Jun 27, 2015

Glad to be out of the Peter arc. I came here for diving shenanigans and heavy subtext yuri.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Current granny is a cutie, past granny is a hottie. Wow.

joined Apr 1, 2017

With the new season coming, in case anyone still had even the slightest hope for subtext or yuri.

Latest chapters have Pikari and Kokoro going in a date for his birthday. Its actually fairly romantic (lots of hand holding and looking into each other's eyes) and its clear that Pikari is falling for him if she isn't in love already, despite him being like 4 years younger than her. Dotty was true to her word about supporting their love as well and was basically stalking them throughout.

I'm still very disappointing with how the yuri thing was resolved. Amano opting to go for a we're both girls so my love can't possibly romantic like it is with a girl and boy route shows the contempt for it that carries over from Aria.

last edited at Mar 26, 2018 12:44AM

joined Feb 21, 2018

And people wonder why yuri fans get nervous when anyone with a Y chromosome shows up. You get shit like this, turning great stories into glorified yuri bait.

joined Jan 25, 2017

With the new season coming, in case anyone still had even the slightest hope for subtext or yuri.

Latest chapters have Pikari and Kokoro going in a date for his birthday. Its actually fairly romantic (lots of hand holding and looking into each other's eyes) and its clear that Pikari is falling for him if she isn't in love already, despite him being like 4 years younger than her. Dotty was true to her word about supporting their love as well and was basically stalking them throughout.

I'm still very disappointing with how the yuri thing was resolved. Amano opting to go for a we're both girls so my love can't possibly romantic like it is with a girl and boy route shows the contempt for it that carries over from Aria.

Disappointing if true, but are we sure the new season will get far enough for it to matter? This sounds like it happens past volume 10, and I think season one only covered to like volume 3? Also, the anime seems to be leaning into the yuri moreso than the manga. Wasn't Pikari's confession to Teko at the end of S1 anime-original IIRC? I couldn't find it at the end of the corresponding section in the manga, and that's a pretty long, substantial scene. I don't have dialogue translated, but I watched the raws and there's a fairly romantic-looking scene with an exchange of 'daisuki's and a lot of blushing at the end of the first episode of S2 that I can't find a match for skimming through the manga either.

Let's just see what the anime does.

last edited at Mar 31, 2018 12:22AM

joined Apr 1, 2017

I don't think well get to the controversial parts in the second season. Even the latest chapter translated, Kokoro still presents himself as a girl and wears girls' clothing. Though I think the reveal and his initial confession to Pikari is like 1 or 2 chapters away from there.

I believe the bulk of the anime will just be that Peter Pan nonsense and introducing Kokoro but not going too far. I expect up to volume 7 or 8 at worst, though that still has interesting material in it like Pikari and Kokoro meeting in secret every week, Pikari not telling her best friend anything about it for no reason, which I think is foreshadowing for their eventual romance

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I prefer to stick with the first season and pretend that's all there is then.

joined Dec 4, 2016

Why female mangaka like to turn from Yuri to het NTR.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Because this was never meant to be yuri?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Has Amano ever done a yuri story at all?

joined Jun 12, 2015

But this isn't a romance series either and yet that didn't stop them !!

I see your point, I just wish people would stop putting subtext in their work if they always intended the girls to get boyfriends in the first place, and I even hope of a days when they actually go ahead with the yuri without the need to put the work in the Yuri genre. But I don't expect any of this to happen before my dead anyway.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

The point is, this wasn't intended to be subtext at all. I do believe the author really just wanted to make a story about friendship, and that's okay.
What is not okay is the way she choose to deal with people shipping her characters. The whole "you're a boy, I'm a girl, so of course our love is different" is kinda homophobic.
And if the only reason she did that is so that people would stop shipping the girls, it also gives a bad taste. Most author enable fan ships, even if not intentional, instead of trying to kill it. There's also the fact that the boy is a kid.

But who knows what's on her mind.

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

I... just started watching amanchu but just read all the spoilers and I am gonna drop it like... nao. So disappointing :/ but thanks for the spoilers! So I dont lose reading nor watching this.
P.S.I would've been happy it author had respected the subtext at the very least..

last edited at Apr 8, 2018 1:47AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Jess posted:

I... just started watching amanchu but just read all the spoilers and I am gonna drop it like... nao. So disappointing :/ but thanks for the spoilers! So I dont lose reading nor watching this.
P.S.I would've been happy it author had respected the subtext at the very least..

https://i.imgur.com/v0G0ZKm.png

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Eeeh? Here the chapter on question
https://comic.mag-garden.co.jp/assets/files/amanchu180205/HTML5/pc.html#/page/19
I don´t see that development youre talking, Pikari look pretty oblivious and Teko was there mostly time.
See that previous chapter Teko and Pikari are usual this spoiler don´t look accurate.
And the next chapter is something unrelated

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

wow... what a lot of spoiler crap on just 2 pages...

despite that: finally a new chapter of Amanchu! :)

joined Feb 21, 2018

Eeeh? Here the chapter on question
https://comic.mag-garden.co.jp/assets/files/amanchu180205/HTML5/pc.html#/page/19
I don´t see that development youre talking, Pikari look pretty oblivious and Teko was there mostly time.
See that previous chapter Teko and Pikari are usual this spoiler don´t look accurate.
And the next chapter is something unrelated

My Google translate skills are not as good as I had hoped but I'm pretty sure The dude proposed to Pikari and she accepted. He asks something about getting married one day and she says yes. Can a fluent speaker confirm or deny?

joined Mar 15, 2017

My Google translate skills are not as good as I had hoped but I'm pretty sure The dude proposed to Pikari and she accepted. He asks something about getting married one day and she says yes. Can a fluent speaker confirm or deny?

Yeah, basically. He didn't mean it as a proposal, but Pikari took it that way.

joined Feb 21, 2018

Yeah, basically. He didn't mean it as a proposal, but Pikari took it that way.

And with that I'm done with this series. Worst yuri bait of the decade, taking the belt from Hibike.

To reply you must either login or sign up.