Forum › Yamada to Kase-san discussion

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yamada is so pure and innocent.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

And Kase has such a pent-up libido, it must be have been painful for her.

last edited at Mar 19, 2018 7:57AM

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

What's the point of writing a sequel if the whole thing is gonna be flashbacks to the time before the previous series ended?

I'd bet a shiny new nickel that this chapter and the last chapter will show up in the next tank before the chapter where they have sex. The author's afterword in Vol 4 indicates that there will be another volume, but there are only two stories left in the original run: Yamada goes to take her exam, and Yamada and Kase do the big nasty for the first time. Which is (A) not a lot of material for a tank; and (B) something you'd want as the climax of a tank, rather than a story you run into 1/3rd of the way through.

So I'm guessing you'll see this flashback and the previous flashback used to pad out the next volume in such a way that Kase and Yamada finally doing the do will be the end of the volume. Especially since this most recent chapter isn't even framed in the narrative as a flashback, so it can very naturally slot right in as the first chapter of the next volume.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

And Kase has such a pent-up libido, it must be have been painful for her.

Couldn't have been as bad as that lingering post-apron/pre-crepes backhug--Kase could barely gasp out a warning to Yamada that the system was approaching meltdown.

I thought she was going to need hospitalization (or something) after that one.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

the big nasty

That's not what you call the sacred union of Supergirlfriend and Raised-in-a-Hydroponic-Tank Girl.

(That has various names--"gathering the shells [of love]" and "eating the shortcake [of love]" among them.)

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

the big nasty

That's not what you call the sacred union of Supergirlfriend and Raised-in-a-Hydroponic-Tank Girl.

The Ol' Rumpy-Pumpy.

(That has various names--"gathering the shells [of love]" and "eating the shortcake [of love]" among them.)

Three shells? How do they work, anyways?

joined Jun 27, 2017

What's the point of writing a sequel if the whole thing is gonna be flashbacks to the time before the previous series ended?

I'd bet a shiny new nickel that this chapter and the last chapter will show up in the next tank before the chapter where they have sex. The author's afterword in Vol 4 indicates that there will be another volume, but there are only two stories left in the original run: Yamada goes to take her exam, and Yamada and Kase do the big nasty for the first time. Which is (A) not a lot of material for a tank; and (B) something you'd want as the climax of a tank, rather than a story you run into 1/3rd of the way through.

So I'm guessing you'll see this flashback and the previous flashback used to pad out the next volume in such a way that Kase and Yamada finally doing the do will be the end of the volume. Especially since this most recent chapter isn't even framed in the narrative as a flashback, so it can very naturally slot right in as the first chapter of the next volume.

And that makes a lot of sense. I was really wondering why on earth a sequel would start with 3 flash-backs.
This makes me kinda sad, though: I was really looking forward to seeing how their lives and relationship would develop through college.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

As far as what's yet to be published in tank format, there's also Rival and Kase-san, Christmas and Kase-san, and the recent Going to Tokyo and Kase-san. And maybe if they really need more material, the Chocolate and Kase-san doujin.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

adorable, just like every chapter :)

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

And that makes a lot of sense. I was really wondering why on earth a sequel would start with 3 flash-backs.
This makes me kinda sad, though: I was really looking forward to seeing how their lives and relationship would develop through college.

Yeah, that would have been awesome... Oh well gotta be happy with what we get I guess.

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

Assertive Yamada might be the best Yamada

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

YES. YES. YEEEEEEEEEEES. NOW THE END OF KASE-SAN MAKES SENSE. THANKS. THANK YOU SO MUCH, HIROMI-SENSEI, FOR THIS CHAPTER.
PD: I didn't like that end because it was only Kase, it feels unrealistic, at least for me, to see Yamada go alog all well, but, at the same time, she didn't say anything to confirm it. "Sly doesn't she feel nervous?" It was the only thing I could think, for this is that I really really really enjoy this chapter.
Also I don't care if you disagree with my view, I had already some argues in the Kase-san thread and I don't want to go back at that. If you like the end it's cool for me, I only wanted to say this post.

last edited at Mar 19, 2018 7:30PM

CertainPudding
joined Jan 9, 2018

Can you selfie with a camera like that? 'Cause I can't if I don't get to see my face. Lol it must be one of the best camera positioning skill :v

joined Dec 16, 2017

Initially when reading this chapter, they could still pass off as just really good friends. It probably wasn't until the kiss at the end of this chapter that kept them couple-y... Such pure and innocence. Really enjoyed this.

joined Aug 10, 2016

reading that last page had me like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JtqkmEibSs

Prprcharlotte_8
joined Apr 1, 2013

Is it the moment where Yamada will say something about having someone and Hana will assume it's a boyfriend ?
Because I'm getting tired of that trope. But I love this story way too much to really complain...

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Is it the moment where Yamada will say something about having someone and Hana will assume it's a boyfriend ?
Because I'm getting tired of that trope. But I love this story way too much to really complain...

Wait what, you're tired of the trope of most people assuming most other people they meet are heterosexual? Isn't that just reality?

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Wait what, you're tired of the trope of most people assuming most other people they meet are heterosexual? Isn't that just reality?

That is true. Heteros make up more than 95% of the population. It's an "innocent-until-proven-guilty" type scenario.

joined Sep 9, 2016

Just me spitballing into the wind here, but if was Kase, I'd be more irked about the name issue. From what I understand of Japanese culture regarding name and honorific usage, it's just silly (maybe borderline insulting) to hold your girlfriend that much farther away (socially speaking) than a friend you just made.

Pero01
joined Apr 1, 2014

I smell drama... hope I'm wrong cause I like this light weight story

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Am I just pumped to see a new chapter, or does it seem like there's a good bit of complex stuff (for this series) going on/potentially being set up in this one?

I've liked the glimpses of their individual lives at school apart from one another; the first series was so much the two of them inside their love bubble that this really seems like development as they move a bit beyond it. But:

• Kase getting definitively shut down on the move to first names. Meanwhile, Hana's already made it to "Yui-chan."

• Kase being the closest we've ever seen her to controlling about the lipstick. It's true that glam isn't Yamada's style, but Kase seems almost distressed--is it because she hates the look (too upscale, like the cafe), or because if Yamada gets any more femme Kase will feel compelled to just take her right down on the bathroom floor?

• We don't even need to guess how Kase would react to Yamada going to a mixer with Hana. (Best case: Kase goes along with the two budding blossoms as a chaperone/bodyguard. Hilarity and/or mayhem ensues.)

Arg
joined Jan 17, 2014

Yamada will say she already has a lover and graciously refuse, and then give a better idea of a place to go as two friends, surely.

Ese%20len
joined Apr 26, 2017

That is true. Heteros make up more than 95% of the population. It's an "innocent-until-proven-guilty" type scenario.

I feel like in anime and manga it is the other way round, being with the love live girl and 2hu

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Curiously enough, I'm quite alright with the drama lurking in the horizon, mainly because their relationship has grown a lot every time they have faced the slight inconveniences that have crossed them. Kase-san getting possessive was quite blunt and it's probably the same thing as the whole "don't use that cute apron" back then

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I think i like this country girl more than Kase to be honest.

To reply you must either login or sign up.