Forum › Yamada to Kase-san discussion

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Like someone already said it isn't filler - though it would seem it if considered as part of series 1 - but it isn't - it is chapter 2 of a new series - published in a new place - with a certain amount of new readers who wont have read case-san at all - or even know it exists.

I agree this chapters main purpose is to show a bit of their history and back story to the new readers. When starting a new series even if it is a follow on, you can't assume all your readers read the earlier work. It's not like the author couldn't come up with any ideas for college life. And it was a nice bit of backstory that was new to existing fans too.

last edited at Oct 28, 2017 4:53PM

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Kase is thirsty af. I wonder if she's been stalking Yamada beforehand.

Yes we know this because Kase told Yamada she had been stalking her for a while. She even showed her where she did it why she did it and when she would stalk her. This on top of her telling Yamada she wants to have sex with her while pushing her down on a bed before Yamada counters with being Inocent and pure. Yep if Yamada wasn't so adorably Inocent she would be pregnant with a baby made of yuri magic.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

too gay to function

The main couple in a nutshell.

joined Sep 23, 2016

Nice and wholesome :D they truly are the cutest couple.

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

Just as I was having a rough day Yamada and Kase-san show up to make it all well again!

joined Feb 23, 2016

Need more (´Д` )

joined Feb 23, 2016

y'know yamada reminds me of our other great dumdum akko

More like Yamada is the great dumdum xD because this came out in 2012~ time sure flies~ And akko came out in 2013 (OvO)

But_thats_heresy
joined Aug 13, 2016

MORE KASE-SAN!!!

AAAAAAHHHHHHH dies

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

This series just makes me smile even on the worst days.

last edited at Oct 26, 2017 11:07AM

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

y'know yamada reminds me of our other great dumdum akko

More like Yamada is the great dumdum xD because this came out in 2012~ time sure flies~ And akko came out in 2013 (OvO)

But your also forgetting Akko(Girl Friends) who came out in 2006 and Julia and Ran(strawberry shake) who came out in 2003. Akko just being your standard idiot while Julia and Ran require their own teir of stupidity.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

In Girlf Friends I think Yamada would be more like Mari than Akko, FWIW.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

(Jeez I need to reread Girl Friends now. I barely remember who those characters are.)

I had nearly forgotten that there was a new series of Yamada and Kase-san. I was really excited when I saw the update in my email. Aaaaa these dorks! I love them so much!

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

In Girlf Friends I think Yamada would be more like Mari than Akko, FWIW.

The story really is broken into thirds first one is Mari dealing with unrequited love l. Secound is Akko dealing with a more stupid unrequited love. And the last one is yuri fluff into almost sex then they go off to college.Yamada and Kase kinda took turns in the first 4 chapters being Akko and Mari then eventually hooked up and almost had sex then went off to college. Obviously they are vastly different but you can see how girlfriends left it's mark.

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

(Jeez I need to reread Girl Friends now. I barely remember who those characters are.)

I had nearly forgotten that there was a new series of Yamada and Kase-san. I was really excited when I saw the update in my email. Aaaaa these dorks! I love them so much!

Indeed

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Akko is the makeup one and Mari is the one who gets makedup

last edited at Oct 26, 2017 5:44PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

(Of course, to do that they would have to do one of those strange adult adoption things with Kase's parents or go overseas and get married in another country and officially change her name somehow. Not sure if the Japanese government recognizes those types of marriages, though, so it may not work as a way to change her name... I know the adult adoption thing is one way lesbians have used to get on the same family registry in the past, though. It makes them official family and then they have family rights.)

The Japanese government only recognizes same-sex marriages if one of the partners is a citizen of a country that allows it. Two Japanese women can't just go to Canada and get hitched, one would have be Canadian. Which is weird, but that's bureaucracy for you.

What I would do is do it anyway, then get a civil-union certificate somewhere like Sapporo (or in the case of lesbians, it'd be classy to get one from Takarazuka, eh?).With that combination you could probably register it in the family registry.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don’t know—unlike the Girl Friends duo, Kase and Yamada each knew they were in love with the other one from the start. After all, Yamada says, “Please let Kase-san be in love with me!” in Chapter 1, and they were both checking out each others’ bodies/lingerie in the locker room immediately, too.

Yamada’s been a little lesbian from the jump—she just took an extraordinarily long time to figure out the nuts-and-bolts of what that entails.

last edited at Oct 26, 2017 5:59PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don’t know—unlike the Girl Friends duo, Kase and Yamada each knew they were in love with the other one from the start. After all, Yamada says, “Please let Kase-san be in love with me!” in Chapter 1, and they were both checking out each others’ bodies/lingerie in the locker room immediately, too.

Yamada’s been a little lesbian from the jump—she just took an extraordinarily long time to figure out the nuts-and-bolts of what that entails.

That's one thing I love about this series, the fact that both of them really sell the idea that they're lesbians. None of this "it's okay if it's you" nonsense. They're relatable and likeable girls who are genuinely into girls.

last edited at Oct 26, 2017 7:30PM

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

That's one thing I love about this series, the fact that both of them really sell the idea that they're lesbians. None of this "it's okay if it's you" nonsense. They're relatable and likeable girls who are genuinely into girls.

Hopefully they continue to not have problems and just ride the yuri fluff train to the end.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

This is what I love the most. They're attracted to each other physically, which is rare in yuri works.

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I always admire people who are not afraid to follow their own beat. Characters who sing their unheard music. Authors who don't give shits on rules in writing. This is my first read on "repetitive" writing and it serves its purpose as the story unfolds starting from Kase-san.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This is perfect! Sweet and slice-of-lifey and College-tag and the art and... Awesome! I'm dying here (of happiness).

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Hopefully they continue to not have problems and just ride the yuri fluff train to the end.

Do we have a tag to the effect of Yuri fluff train? Because I feel we need it.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

While there was never any doubt that Kase-san is a lesbian from the get-go (she dated girls previously), I'm not too sure about Yamada.

Before and after she met her, it was never hinted that she would have been interested in anyone romantically or sexually.

So, I'd rather think Yamada started high-school as aromantic, then became Kase-sexual when she met her.

Something like love at first sight, instant crush, whatever.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

While there was never any doubt that Kase-san is a lesbian from the get-go (she dated girls previously)

No, she didn't. She tried dating other girls but it never worked out. Yamada is the first girl that actually reciprocated.

Before and after she met her, it was never hinted that she would have been interested in anyone romantically or sexually.

Well we never really got to see Yamada before she met Kase, she also really never questioned the whole "but she's a girl, girls cant date girls". She was pretty quick to accept her feelings as romantic love, as if this isn't the first time she has questioned it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.