Forum › Me and Her Are... discussion

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

kuniko.chr succesfully deleted

last edited at Mar 10, 2018 7:15PM

joined Apr 6, 2013

Okay, i know its bad and I'm going to hell, but I laughed on page 6.

joined Sep 9, 2016

Okay, it looks like my first attempt at a comment got eaten or transposed mistakenly to some other thread that I can't find...

Suicide and repressed memories?

Smug%20ass%20fuckgin%20zura
joined Dec 5, 2015

Well...I wish I knew what the hell went on here.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

I blame bad parents and society.

joined Jan 4, 2014

Okay, it looks like my first attempt at a comment got eaten or transposed mistakenly to some other thread that I can't find...

Seems like it.

Basically being forced into an arranged marriage, but not willing to betray her love, she commits suicide instead

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

that's what I thought too

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Seems like it.

Basically being forced into an arranged marriage, but not willing to betray her love, she commits suicide instead

I'd go for this one

joined Jun 30, 2016

Couldnt she reject that arranged marriage and live with her? why taking that path?!

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Hurm. This is too "let's be edgy" for me. That sort of stuff can be great ... but this just feels vaguely random.

I mean, amnesia, sure, maybe, but are there actual hints to that? Did she also change her name along the way somehow? ^^;

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Maybe it's a supernatural story where she's somehow got memories of someone else's life.

Or she has some difficult decision of her own and her subconscious constructed this convincing fantasy because dreams are weird, yo.

I think that the "who the hell are these people" ending is interesting, but fails because it doesn't give us enough information to make an educated guess.

Slime
joined Aug 19, 2013

This one confused the hell out of me. Not because of the suicide. But because this woman claims to not remember any of it after she wakes up from her dream. It kinda blunted the impact of the trauma making this effort seem a bit ham-fisted by the author. It's too bad because this could've been a really good story!

joined Mar 15, 2017

The dreamer is implied to be living in the modern era and too young to be Mihoko.

joined Aug 28, 2016

Maybe it's a supernatural story where she's somehow got memories of someone else's life.

I just kind of assumed it was a reincarnation thing, yeah. The mention of the apartment being a bit old-fashioned and the presence of the old CRT TV, compared to the modern flatscreen in the narrator's apartment, makes me think Kuniko and Mihoko's story might have happened a few decades ago.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

As a one-shot it's probably a try this out will readers demand more? thing. It doesn't hold up as an entirely stand-alone story.

joined Feb 2, 2016

What just happened in known she kill her self but what I don’t understand is last page why did author give curveball in the ending just doesn’t make sense

This just my opinion

joined Mar 15, 2017

As a one-shot it's probably a try this out will readers demand more? thing. It doesn't hold up as an entirely stand-alone story.

It does hold up as a one-shot (if people paid attention) and It's very unlikely it's a pilot, especially in Galette.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I think it's implied that this is a recurring dream in which she has a different name and a loving girlfriend but it always goes horribly wrong for reasons she can't understand

joined Jul 5, 2017

The mention of the apartment being a bit old-fashioned and the presence of the old CRT TV, compared to the modern flatscreen in the narrator's apartment, makes me think Kuniko and Mihoko's story might have happened a few decades ago.

Glad to see someone is actually looking at the pictures in this visual medium. You don't waste panels in a 8 page long story if it isn't significant and in this case, it's a very blatant hint.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Umm.... what?

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Glad to see someone is actually looking at the pictures in this visual medium. You don't waste panels in a 8 page long story if it isn't significant and in this case, it's a very blatant hint.

I was too distracted by socks. Look at the ones the "heroine" wears. Then at the one we see of the one who killed herself.

Well. But reincarnation/past life makes sense, insofar such things make sense.

joined Jan 31, 2013

I just kind of assumed it was a reincarnation thing, yeah. The mention of the apartment being a bit old-fashioned and the presence of the old CRT TV, compared to the modern flatscreen in the narrator's apartment, makes me think Kuniko and Mihoko's story might have happened a few decades ago.

Yeah, I agree with you. How else could you explain the random technology close-ups? Plus, you can see the rotary dial phone on page 4 along with the old TV. I mean, this should be some kind of a hint ...

last edited at Mar 10, 2018 8:27PM

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Wew. Would have had more impact i'd known the characters for more than 27 panels.

Rsz_1465926231839
joined Jun 24, 2015

Heavy

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Regardless of whether this "dream" represents an actual memory or something else, I wonder if the narration in the first few pages is in-dream or out-of-dream. It could be the dreaming woman describing what she sees in her dream, or it could be the woman in the dream describing her life.

I think it's more likely the former. When the woman wakes up, we see her thoughts, but we don't read the thoughts of the people in the dream.

Not sure of the significance of this, but I think it's further evidence that her dreams are not of events that happened to her. The way she describes the apartment and the character in her dream (in the narration, she doesn't refer to Kinuko by name) make me think that her dreams are not about herself.

last edited at Mar 10, 2018 8:36PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.