Forum › A Girl In Ultramarine discussion

Japanese_eraser_cow_purple_large
joined Nov 5, 2011

i understood what was going all the way up until the end when chimi began the waterworks.

someone please help me uunderstand why chimi started crying?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm sure I must've missed it. Where did anyone say it was an arranged marriage? Or even one the girl didn't want?

i think "It was decided a long time ago" and 'There are a lot of things one cannot escape from" both suggest that it's something that was pushed on Eri.

She also says "This is Eri's decision, I can only accept it" directly after the former. I initially assumed the latter was in regards to herself, but on second look that's not really the case. I guess I've been around enough complicated real life romantic relationships that I just don't automatically assume anything...which I'm sure if flawed in its own way. Thanks, you helped.

Well, of course she says that. Eri has decided to stop struggling against, presumably, pressure from her family in whatever form that may take. It's clearly not something she decided on a whim, so Chimi is respecting Eri's decision to go against what her heart tells her knowing that it can't have been easy for her. It's a tragic situation, but I'd probably do the same as Chimi in her shoes.

RIkai Uploader
Lazechu%20cut
joined Apr 27, 2014

Anyone knows where i can find the credit picture in this manga? o.o

I got it from the artist's pixiv.
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=36527

joined Mar 23, 2013

Everyone is sympathising with Chimi, but no one is sympathising with Eri? I don't think she has a choice either.

I'm sure everyone would sympathize with her situation, her parents would never approve of her choice of partner. This thing is quite common, but it's just that over here a lot of us will stand ground versus our parents and just wait till things naturally turn for the better.

Still, the way she blushed while she and her fiancé were "flirting" let's us know that she at least enjoys being around him to some extent. So although their relationship is over between the two girls, there's a strong possibility that she isn't in some relationship that she will feel miserable in, at least that's what I hope.

For that I am glad, if this was a Yuri from the 70s, 80s, and 90s the guy would be the most vile of men and would rape his "fiancé and / or wife" and call her all sort of filthy names. Yuri back in the days used to vilify men with such drama and passion.

Psmix_2016-03-11-23-34-17
joined Mar 3, 2013

The feels when my OTP loses its significant other.
;-; I ship u so hard, I watch u be lovey-dubby, and then you get married to men. ques water works

joined Oct 20, 2013

Well if we got the raws, we'd probably release the continuation~

Unfortunately I don't have any means of ordering stuff from Japan, but if other people want to spend the money, I can do a bit more google-fu and try and find something.

last edited at Apr 28, 2014 1:15AM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Everyone is sympathising with Chimi, but no one is sympathising with Eri? I don't think she has a choice either.

idk maybe because Eri looks so damn happy. rather than sympathize i end up with hating her.

don't have choice? bs.
just kill your parents.

last edited at Apr 28, 2014 1:20AM

joined Apr 12, 2014

im obsessed with this!! cant wait for more <3

joined Mar 23, 2013

idk maybe because Eri looks so damn happy. rather than sympathize i end up with hating her.

don't have choice? bs.
just kill your parents.

Dat edge.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Eh she had? What if she simply said no? There is no law in Japan that you have to marry somebody.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

oh but i do remember this one yuri where one of the girls brothers was gay and they managed to get out of it by sham-marrying each others partners hurray for sham marriages!

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/wedding_bells_are_ringing

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Damn, that was the best thing i've read in a long while

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Eh she had? What if she simply said no? There is no law in Japan that you have to marry somebody.

It's not that simple. You'll feel it hard to raise objection if you were a Japanese girl. Especially to a decision made by your parents, teachers, bosses, etc.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

From what I gather, social pressure, especially from families, is taken a lot more seriously in Japan than, say, the US. It might not be a matter for civil law, but that's not the only factor involved here.

Tumblr_mom2rcrmt01r040i0o1_500
joined Mar 9, 2013

definitely need a sequel.>.<,.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

It's not that simple. You'll feel it hard to raise objection if you were a Japanese girl. Especially to a decision made by your parents, teachers, bosses, etc.

Well, she did seem to be enjoying her time with that dude on the train, and Chimi did say that it was her decision
Not trying to say that it is a black and white matter, especially since we were not following Eri's point of view, but she could object if she had the will

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Its really not that baffling if you know how different Asia is to Western countries. Objecting an arranged marriage in a conservative country such as Japan could possibly lead to a family fallout. My family doesn't do arranged marriages anymore, but if I was in such a situation, it would be quite difficult for me to decline. Not to mention that is a girl I'd be declining for.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

that was really good. and I really cried and felt sad about the sinking ship. so glad this came along!
i must say though, chimi-san and zuzu look like they're sisters! hahaha. I couldnt ship them as a romantic pairing!

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

I was wondering how it would end. I guess it's sort of for the better this way.

Avatar_200px_moyashimon_aspergillus-oryzae
joined Mar 14, 2014

I was reluctant to read this because of the "stalker" tag, but I was pleasantly surprised. Not bad.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Its really not that baffling if you know how different Asia is to Western countries. Objecting an arranged marriage in a conservative country such as Japan could possibly lead to a family fallout. My family doesn't do arranged marriages anymore, but if I was in such a situation, it would be quite difficult for me to decline. Not to mention that is a girl I'd be declining for.

Really? the only one who got mad when i told my dad no to arranged marriages cus i like boobs was my dad, and he ran away from being my dad years ago so i didn't feel too broken up about it, then again my personality dictates: freedom>all

joined Nov 11, 2013

Isn't love between two girl is way more harder? And they still can be together. I think it's just that Suzu's love doesn't have enough for Chimi, and I even don't think it enough to call something like that is love, she don't even try a little to fight back

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Really? the only one who got mad when i told my dad no to arranged marriages cus i like boobs was my dad, and he ran away from being my dad years ago so i didn't feel too broken up about it, then again my personality dictates: freedom>all

... No offense, but are you a "he" or a "she"?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Isn't love between two girl is way more harder? And they still can be together. I think it's just that Suzu's love doesn't have enough for Chimi, and I even don't think it enough to call something like that is love, she don't even try a little to fight back

There's an implication, although pretty subtle, in the fact that although Eri's engagement was decided "a long time ago" and yet she stayed with Chimi as long as she could, that she has been fighting it up until now, but finally gave in. If she hadn't been, her and Chimi wouldn't have been together at all.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

... No offense, but are you a "he" or a "she"?

I'm guessing by the "cus I like boobs" part that Rose is a girl. :P Of course that's just a guess...

As for the manga, I really loved the ending. It was so nice, I thought for sure it was gonna have one of those old-school yuri endings. "Were girls and we have to marry boys and there is nothing we can do."

To reply you must either login or sign up.