Forum › A Girl In Ultramarine discussion

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I wasn't really a fan of Chimi here. I know we don't really see much of the two's perspective, but she really didn't seem like she was trying to get Eri to change her mind about the wedding, or didn't particularly seem to care too much either. I know it's to do with the whole calm and collected shtick but mehhh. It just rubbed me the wrong way.

Also not a fan of Chimi x school girl (damn totally forgotten her name), but then that's probably more me just not liking age-gap with school kids. Mehh. Was still an interesting take though, it's nice to see some variety in the yuris.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I wasn't really a fan of Chimi here. I know we don't really see much of the two's perspective, but she really didn't seem like she was trying to get Eri to change her mind about the wedding, or didn't particularly seem to care too much either. I know it's to do with the whole calm and collected shtick but mehhh. It just rubbed me the wrong way.

You think so? That kiss in the locker was more than a little fanservice

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

So it's now fanservice if it's something you would expect to see in a series? Yuri is a romance genre at it's heart, it would be weird to not expect kissing or holding hands.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

So it's now fanservice if it's something you would expect to see in a series? Yuri is a romance genre at it's heart, it would be weird to not expect kissing or holding hands.

I'm hardly saying this is weird, "fanservice" nowdays is a really misinterpreted concept, it's something shown to appease the readers/watchers but it's just seen as ecchi stuff because of it's over use, but yeah a kiss in a romance is a little fanservice for us, just like a famous robot doing a cameo in a Gundam is also a fanservice
What i'm saying is that the kiss in the locker room wasn't just a bone thrown at us for us to savor it, but it had implications about the whole deal that was going on between Eri and Chimi, she could be trying to convince Eri not to go on with the marriage or maybe she was enjoying their last moments the best she could, i dunno

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Its really not that baffling if you know how different Asia is to Western countries. Objecting an arranged marriage in a conservative country such as Japan could possibly lead to a family fallout. My family doesn't do arranged marriages anymore, but if I was in such a situation, it would be quite difficult for me to decline. Not to mention that is a girl I'd be declining for.

Really? the only one who got mad when i told my dad no to arranged marriages cus i like boobs was my dad, and he ran away from being my dad years ago so i didn't feel too broken up about it, then again my personality dictates: freedom>all

... No offense, but are you a "he" or a "she"?

im a girl, why?

Snapshot_20141129
joined Apr 12, 2014

Nice ! Great ! That was AWESOME ! Should do it in Series~ pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ?

I agreeeeeeeeeeeeee~

last edited at Apr 29, 2014 5:25PM

Snapshot_20141129
joined Apr 12, 2014

For some reason, Chimi-san looks like Mikasa from AoT here
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/aru_shoujo_no_gunjou#27
Anyone?

I think that too :O "this character is similar to mikasa?? O.o~ owao"
from the fist sigh ofc

last edited at Apr 29, 2014 5:26PM

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Really? the only one who got mad when i told my dad no to arranged marriages cus i like boobs was my dad, and he ran away from being my dad years ago so i didn't feel too broken up about it, then again my personality dictates: freedom>all

Yep. Unfortunately that's how it is with my family.

What i'm saying is that the kiss in the locker room wasn't just a bone thrown at us for us to savor it, but it had implications about the whole deal that was going on between Eri and Chimi, she could be trying to convince Eri not to go on with the marriage or maybe she was enjoying their last moments the best she could, i dunno

I'm on the same line of thought. Chimi was desperate and Eri had difficulties refusing her.

Yurimangac
joined Nov 15, 2013

Yuri trains! I'm in!

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Its really not that baffling if you know how different Asia is to Western countries. Objecting an arranged marriage in a conservative country such as Japan could possibly lead to a family fallout. My family doesn't do arranged marriages anymore, but if I was in such a situation, it would be quite difficult for me to decline. Not to mention that is a girl I'd be declining for.

im a girl, why?

NOW WE HAVE A REALLIFE YURI HERE!!

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

a 12yo girl in india smash bricks (exaggeration) at their parents face, because of forced arranged marriage. causing the parents to back down. seriously an adult..... so meh.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

im a girl, why?

is that really so surprising? O.o

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

im a girl, why?

What?... First of all, there are no girls on the internet!

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

im a girl, why?

This is a yuri site, yuri is by definition love between two girls, this is a website and part of the internet and therefore there are girls on the internet checkmate ;)

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

im a girl, why?

This is a yuri site, yuri is by definition love between two girls, this is a website and part of the internet and therefore there are girls on the internet checkmate ;)

Was just an ol' internet joke.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

im a girl, why?

Was just an ol' internet joke.

That was a logic joke :P i picked up on the internet joke so i countered with my own (terrible) jokes

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

im a girl, why?

So am i, trust me it's not surprising at all, about 90% of the people that hang out on 4chan's yuri board are lesbians
...'course 4chan is not exactly the best place to draw a statistic, but yeah...

last edited at Apr 30, 2014 10:44AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Didn't we have an impromptu poll a few months back that revealed there's a pretty strong population of lesbians and female bisexuals here as well (me included)?

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Didn't we have an impromptu poll a few months back that revealed there's a pretty strong population of lesbians and female bisexuals here as well (me included)?

that and all the yuri fans i have talked to usually are lesbians or bisexual so i just assume that whenever im talking to a fellow yuri fan :P

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

that and all the yuri fans i have talked to usually are lesbians or bisexual so i just assume that whenever im talking to a fellow yuri fan :P

Am I the only one who gets surprised when someone on the forums casually mentions that they're a dude? Sometimes I forget that straight people are a thing.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Am I the only one who gets surprised when someone on the forums casually mentions that they're a dude? Sometimes I forget that straight people are a thing.

lol me too sometimes

Bushouhuanying
joined Jul 7, 2013

all aboard the yuri train whoo whoot!! ,all aboard to yuri last call whoot whoot!!

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

all aboard the yuri train whoo whoot!! ,all aboard to yuri last call whoot whoot!!

*anti yuri train
this train technically dissolved yuri so it is evil

seriously the yuri only started again when they got off the train

last edited at Apr 30, 2014 1:52PM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

lol me too sometimes

Same... straight males liking yuri isn't unheard of, but its still kinda funny when they announce they are guys. xD

What would be interesting to know is how many transgender folk are on this site. I doubt as many as there are lesbians, but it would still be fun to know. :)

last edited at Apr 30, 2014 2:12PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I'm a dude, hi.

To reply you must either login or sign up.