Forum › Flower of My Heart discussion

Sadg
joined Jun 23, 2013

Am I the only person that wish for Mitsu meet with Yukie again?!

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I think this is the first time I see the characters actually debating arranged marriage and whether the decision made was right or wrong. Often they are just resigned to their fate and we just learn that it leaves them sad. It's rare to find out what their reasoning was.

last edited at Dec 7, 2015 9:01AM

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

i know someone who was in an arrange marriage, and she ended up falling in love with the guy... then her parents changed their minds, and now she's dating the guy secretly. but she'll probably marry the new guy. (in this day and age, i know) -- so sometimes it could work -- like the Starks!
This is bittersweet, cause in the end, they actually did break up. Love fades with time.

Screenshot_2020-01-20%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20there's%20weird%20voices%20coming%20from%20the%20room%20next%20door%20ch01
joined Sep 23, 2013

dear god, the feels...

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I think this is the first time I see the characters actually debating arranged marriage and whether the decision made was right or wrong. Often they are just resigned to their fate and we just learn that it leaves them sad. It's rare to find out what their reasoning was.

Indeed. I understand the grandmother a bit, she lived in a different time but her granddaughter has a choice.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Indeed. I understand the grandmother a bit, she lived in a different time but her granddaughter has a choice.

I suspect she told that story because it would give the two of them more resolve to make it work. She clearly supports their relationship.

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

I suspect she told that story because it would give the two of them more resolve to make it work. She clearly supports their relationship.

yes, that's what I think so. Maybe grandmother also hoping that her grand-daughter love story will not end up like to her she just giving the idea that what ever happen to her grand-daughter and her lover should not forget how much they love each other. But I am definitely sure they will end up good especially this days and to the future to come.

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Still Depressing As Fuck

Ss%20(2013-06-03%20at%2007.40.38)
joined Aug 23, 2014

Well this is just sad...

I hope at least her granddaughter gets a happier ending

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

I like how it brings up how a lot of yuri stories feel like the girls choose other girls simply because that's all that are there and it's convenient. It feels a lot better when they choose a girl, despite there being other options, or because they are a girl. The next generation has made a resolution, they won't let anyone get in the way of yuri!! "A tragedy has occurred in the past, we won't let it happen again!", that sort of thing.

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

If there's one thing that I come to hate after all the time I have been reading yuri, are the words "marriage arrangement". Still, this wasn't all the bad either.

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

I love this theme."Our love is so strong we don't need any proof; It's time to say goodbye."

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Ok so that was depressing and made me cry

Shitsurakuen3avatar
joined Jul 29, 2014

Maybe I am strange, that I did not find it depressing. In fact, in this day when love is bought and sold, and thrown away at the least convenience. I found it kind of uplifting, that cynicism is not so widespread we cannot believe in love that lasts forever, without ever being needy or desiring to burn out quickly.

Bittersweet maybe? But Grandma was happy with how it turned out, how can I then be sad?

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

"I love you, so I want you to be happy. And for that, you'll need to get married..." "...I know." sigh

Honestly, arranged marriages I can swallow, although, with some difficulties. But, this notion that female happiness lays in getting married (to a male, obviously), and then, in all likelihood, having children is just... Well, I detest it, in any case.

That being said, I actually liked this one. Probably because the grandmother provided an explanation for her choice (even though I find the explanation to be absolutely ridiculous, and childishly naive, but still, most stories of this type just stop after those sentences about "finding happiness"), and is not actually encouraging her granddaughter to do the same. If anything, it looks like she is subtly cheering them on in the exact opposite direction she herself took.

So overall, old, recycled idea, but with added actual explanations and debate what the right choice, or a choice without regrets is, and to actually have a grown-up person, an elderly one at that, supportive of the relationship, is kind of a rarity. All in all, I liked it.

Bittersweet maybe? But Grandma was happy with how it turned out, how can I then be sad?

She never actually says she is happy with it all. To her granddaughter's accusation of a "loveless marriage" she responds with "We raised three children. Isn't that enough?", and that bit about it being love in a broader sense. It seems to me more like she is putting forth rationalisations, rather than anything else. Also, she says she was proud of her choice. Not happy, proud. And, in the end there is this: "Maybe there's no one right answer. But there is most certainly a path with no regrets. I pray that they will be granted the opportunity to take it." Considering how supportive she seems to be, it stands to reason that the "path with no regrets" she hopes for them to take is the one she herself did not take. It also implies she regrets her choice.
Now, I am not saying she is miserable. She clearly managed to find a measure of happiness in her life, being it from her children, her grandchildren, or perhaps even her husband. But I would not say she is happy with how it turned out, since that implies she somehow made the right choice, and it all turned out well in the end. She would hold no regrets then. No, I think it is better to say that she made her choice, possibly a wrong one, but still managed to find some happiness in her life afterwards, regardless.

Dia%20mezashi
joined Dec 5, 2014

An interesting comparison of yuri of yesteryear and of today. I liked it.

joined Jul 16, 2015

This was beautiful.

And it is good to see a traditional, strict character who actually supported a lesbian relationship :3

Racing%20noz
joined May 19, 2016

This is a bit different from the usual stories.
Bittersweet and there are some common tropes but the author did a good job on executing it.

It was a good read. Gave me the feels.
Unique but at the same time common and applicable. I like it.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

This was actually quite an interesting chapter to read. I quite enjoyed it overall.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

I liked this one. Very good story.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

Maybe I am strange, that I did not find it depressing. In fact, in this day when love is bought and sold, and thrown away at the least convenience. I found it kind of uplifting, that cynicism is not so widespread we cannot believe in love that lasts forever, without ever being needy or desiring to burn out quickly.

the grandma most likely regrets the choice though. on page 29: "But there is most certainly a path with no regrets. I pray/that they will be granted the opportunity to take it."

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

I am wishing so bad that grandmother meets her old love again. But I know they will ^^ beautiful and sad story at same time...

last edited at Jul 6, 2018 8:23PM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

If I was the girl I would be like granny let's go on a madcap adventure to reunite the two of you!
Still as bittersweet as it is its nice to see a parental figure that's really accepting of their relationship.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I am wishing so bad that grandmother meets her old love again. But I know they will ^^ beautiful and sad story at same time...

It would be a lovely ending for this manga, if they some day passed each other on the street and recognized each other with just a glance, no words, and a smile.

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

It would be a lovely ending for this manga, if they some day passed each other on the street and recognized each other with just a glance, no words, and a smile.

Right??? It would be wonderful if happened like that!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.