Forum › Anaerobic Love discussion

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Mutsuki is so ironically dere. I like it.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Well that was certainly a pair of unlikable people, yup.

Likability is overrated.

11037-1-img_1_62823
joined Feb 2, 2016

I liked it...

joined Feb 18, 2015

Well that was certainly a pair of unlikable people, yup.

Likability is overrated.

True! You can have a good story full of bad people!

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

No one's perfect - I don't think either of them are bad or unlikeable. The school they're at pushes them very hard - they made one girl who loved track hate it. They also pushed her to be first (as they do all of them) and that's likely a part of why she had a career-ending injury. Sure, her rivalry with Mutsuki had a part to play, but she is thinking that she'd already given up on beating her by the time they both got to this school. Some of what the others call unlikeable, she calls being perceptive. The only unlikeable thing about Mutsuki for me is, given her insight, there's no point in calling the other girl a quitter - she didn't deliberately get injured, she just made the most of it. She realized she'd come to hate track because of the pressure - not because she doesn't like running - and though her life would now become much harder in general, she could enjoy it.

Also, Kodama Naoko heroines who are going to fall for girls typically act distant and as if they don't care about their boyfriends, which should be a clue. They're typically beautiful, and that's the reason the boys want them on their arm.

last edited at Feb 16, 2018 11:49AM

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

30pages of time waste... meh...

7okxlebd
joined Oct 28, 2017

Kodama's stories are always so... Touchingly negative...?

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Always loving her work, as manipulative or selfish her characters can be.

I think I love her stories specifically because of the characters being like that. It's more interesting for me when love stories, and fictional relationships in general, involve different kinds of complicated and negative emotions and thoughts between the characters.

I noticed I tend to like Kodama's works more when she doesn't try to make us feel sorry for her (often) bad characters. "It doesn't suit [her]". That's probably why I liked this one: the characters are not what you would exactly call 'good people', but it's not framed in a "oh poor things" sort of way. Instead they accept that - they almost embrace it-, and love each other more for it. Is it 100% healthy? Probably not. Is it a good way to write a oneshot? Heck yes.

Yep, that is also one of the reasons I am a sucker for her works, she has a thing for bad-ish, often manipulative girls who do not strive to change, and are mostly aware of their own flaws. She even said in one of her afterwords how this is basically her preference.

As for this work, it was really nice, liked it a lot. And no worries, main character, it is obvious even to the blind that Mutsuki likes you back.

last edited at Feb 16, 2018 2:54PM

joined Apr 12, 2014

Yas ditch the boy

Lalala Ñañaña
Aaaaaaaa%20(1)
joined Oct 6, 2015

Yep, that is also one of the reasons I am a sucker for her works, she has a thing for bad-ish, often manipulative girls who do not strive to change, and are mostly aware of their own flaws. She even said in one of her afterwords how this is basically her preference.

This is exactly why I love this author! I really despise overly cute/cheesy yuri, because it just feels so fake to me. Flawed people are real, and I've found that most people in the world are selfish and sorta bad. It's okay to portray it.

last edited at Feb 16, 2018 8:40PM

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

MORE!

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Yup this is definitely a Kodama Naoko work.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

There's no way she'll ever grow to like you?? Girl pls she already hooked on you like cocaine

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I love Kodama Naoko's somewhat messed up, manipulative characters... so of course I'd love this too! I never bothered to finish NTR 'cause it was so bad, but, even so, I enjoyed Hotaru's character... and Oshimi and Mutsuki are great too. Yuma was an utter dumbass, but I heard she gets better later on at least.

I do have to ask though... what exactly does Anoxic Love mean? Anoxic apparently means a total depletion in the level of oxygen, so is it like... they're running so much they're perpetually out of oxygen? Or is it they're kissing so much they're always out of oxygen? OR is it both? ... Or is it something else entirely?

joined Mar 15, 2017

The title was basically the Japanese for "anaerobic exercise" with "exercise" replaced with "romance", so it probably would have been better translated as Anaerobic Romance.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

The title was basically the Japanese for "anaerobic exercise" with "exercise" replaced with "romance", so it probably would have been better translated as Anaerobic Romance.

Ah, that makes more sense... since she's doing track, that certainly fits a lot better. I wonder if anoxic exercise is a thing... although I suppose you'd die if it were.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Oh. You're right. I missed that. "Anoxic" seemed to fit (metaphorically) so I just went with that, but "anaerobic" makes more sense.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

minor error in pg 179 was fixed https://yuriproject.net/anoxic-love/

joined Apr 26, 2016

Few things
1. Is taking her scholarship legal (it is in the US due to ncaa deeming them amateurs)
2. So she kissed a girl without dumping her boyfriend
Stop writing bi girls as sluts

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

So she kissed a girl without dumping her boyfriend
Stop writing bi girls as sluts

I think she did break off with him before the kiss. Granted, it is sort of implied, rather than explicitly shown, but I think it is a pretty safe bet.

last edited at Feb 18, 2018 3:43PM

joined Nov 26, 2017

Looking forward to more chapters to build the story.

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Reading Kodama Naoko's works always leave me satisfied. Seriously, she writes the best types of manipulative badass characters who are totally wrong up there point to brain but are just simply too cute to be hated xD

"I don't understand people, and don't like them. But I understand you least and dislike you most"
Oh and I think we are missing a "tsundere" tag here because damn that is the most tsundere confession I have ever read.

last edited at Feb 19, 2018 1:48AM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

"I don't understand people, and don't like them. But I understand you least and dislike you most"
Oh and I think we are missing a "tsundere" tag here because damn that is the most tsundere confession I have ever read.

The best part about that, for me, was that Oshimi actually seemed to take her seriously (judging by her internal monologue at the time). I thought that was pretty funny.

Looking forward to more chapters to build the story.

This is a oneshot from 2014. I don't think anything related has been published since then, and at this point it's very unlikely any continuation will ever be published.

last edited at Feb 19, 2018 2:10AM

Untitled-1
joined Feb 12, 2018

the thing that I really don't like from her works is, there's a boyfriend

just make it pure yuri, no boyfriend should be added

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

So Oshimi forgot about the track meet. Made a date with her (shutter) boyfriend. Then dramatically walked out on the date, when she finally remembered the meet. Only to be too late, to watch Mutsuki run. Epic fails right across the board.
I know, the author wrote the date walk out scene, to show Oshimi choosing Mutsuki over her boyfriend. but, honestly, how obsessed could Osimi be with Mutsuki, if she forgot about the track meet, in the first plase?

To reply you must either login or sign up.