Forum › Kase-san discussion

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Lazy question : Will this continue as it is written "ongoing" or does the story continue fully in Yamada to Kase-san?

Really sweet story anyway, thank you for the translation YP and /u/ <3

It continues fully there.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Thanks!

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

So I've been catching up on everything in my subscribed list because I hadn't had time recently... Get to Kase-san and decide a whole reread is in order.

Then I find this

https://twitter.com/asagao_anime/status/902078421664055296

"New Kase-san Anime will be coming in 2018!! Thank you, everyone!!"

New anime project confirmed to be OVA
https://twitter.com/asagao_anime/status/914777060987502592

Seriously, THIS is what the animated yuri world needs. Two girls in love who are cute, sweet, sexy, Thirsty, insecure, and completely adorable dorks. EVERYONE needs to be shown the beautiful thing that is their love.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

adorable dorks

Adorkable.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Picked up the 2nd and 3rd books this week. Interesting translation changes from the scanlations. In the scanlations, Kase-san and Yamada use the word "love". In the scanlated Kase-san and Bento chapter, when they're on the roof, Kase-san tells Yamada "I love you. I've been in love with you for the longest time." In the official tank, though, she says "I really like you. I've liked you so much, for so long."

Personally I like the "love" instead of the "like", but eh. Still happy to throw my money at them. Can't wait for February 28th.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Personally I like the “love” instead of the “like,” but eh.

Tend to agree. It’s always an important choice where there’s some ambiguity about the extent of the feelings of the characters—“She said she likes me, but is it that kind of ‘like’?” But in this case both characters knew that they had fallen hard for the other one pretty much immediately, and they found out each others’ feelings soon enough.

Maybe Yamada’s very first, “Please let Kase-san be in love with me!” in Chapter 1 could be ratcheted back to a “like,” until Mikawacchi’s “Kase dates girls” reveal in Chapter 2 puts the possibility of “love” front and center. (Even though at that point it’s a false rumor that turns out to be true.)

last edited at Nov 11, 2017 10:25PM

joined Oct 4, 2016

Maybe Yamada’s very first, “Please let Kase-san be in love with me!” in Chapter 1 could be ratcheted back to a “like,”

That is, in fact, exactly what they did in the official English tank.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

That is exactly the matter under discussion—which one works better?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Coming from Yamada, who is a confirmed genetically-engineered human-shaped plant raised in a vat, confusing "like" with "love" is natural and in-character. Coming from Kase, it doesn't work at all, since Kase knows very damn well what her feelings are and what she wants from Yamada.

last edited at Nov 12, 2017 3:38AM

joined Oct 4, 2016

Maybe I misunderstood you. I thought you were suggesting "This is what they should do with that particular section", and I was saying "Well! AS IT JUST SO HAPPENS, that is exactly what they did!" But your subsequent response leaves me with the impression that you didn't parse it that way.

In any case, I still prefer "love" over "like". It's romantic and fluffy. I wouldn't even call it confusion on Yamada's part. She's a teenager. When I was a teenager in high school, I wanted a girlfriend. I wanted to be loved, and I certainly had fantasies about having cute girls in class being in love with me. So I can absolutely get my head around the notion that Yamada, a girl with only one real friend, fantasizes about being loved (not "liked") by the coolest, most popular girl in her grade.

As for Kase-san, yeah she straight up has the hots for Yamada and has for a while. But she also makes it clear that she admires Yamada. She truly does think Yamada is amazing, and it's so obvious to her that it never occurs to her that it's not that obvious to Yamada. So when she says she's "in love" with Yamada and has been for a long time, I'm cool with that too.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I meant “Just MAYBE the very first one could be a “like” (before she hears that Kase is into girls), but all the rest certainly should be “loves.””

And you nailed it—Kase-san’s “I’ve been in love with you for the longest time” speech loses a lot with the substitution of “like.”

last edited at Nov 12, 2017 9:13AM

joined Nov 14, 2017

Hello! My beginner's account on Dynasty. Really admire the effort put into the maintenance on this website, thank you translating groups, cleaners and their other amazing peers! I love this story of Kase and her princess Yui, it is so pure and charming. Can't wait to read more!

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

Lazy question : Will this continue as it is written "ongoing" or does the story continue fully in Yamada to Kase-san?

Really sweet story anyway, thank you for the translation YP and /u/ <3

Hmmm, so... Kase-san ends in chapter 24 (it's over)

And then it continues on Yamada to Kase-san (new series)

The series "Kase-san" is completed. And "Yamada to Kase-san" is the new series which continues where "Kase-san" left off.

Why not just include the "completed" then?

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Why not just include the "completed" then?

It's still missing a few chapters based on the series page.
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/kase_san

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

From the twitter feed:-

Kase-san and Morning Glories OVA will be released in JUNE 9, 2018!! http://asagao-anime.com/ #asagao_anime

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

I really hope the ova gets picked up by CR.

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

adorable dorks

Adorkable.

haha, I debated using that word myself, but in the end I deliberately left it that way as I felt the separation emphasized what I was trying to say a little better. Thanks though. :)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

adorable dorks

Adorkable.

haha, I debated using that word myself, but in the end I deliberately left it that way as I felt the separation emphasized what I was trying to say a little better. Thanks though. :)

It's an official term, actually.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Kase-san Happy New year 2018 https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSYkIWxUMAAH3xo.jpg.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Just got word from Amazon (US) that the next volume will be released a week later:

Takashima, Hiromi "Kase-san and an Apron"
Estimated arrival date: February 20, 201

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

For anyone confused why this isn't a Yamada and Kase-san chapter, this was a recent web chapter (seperate from the recent magazine issue, I'll get back to you on that when/if someone gets us some RAWs) which I'm guessing is to provide additional content for the fifth tank.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nice to see Kase-san's side, where she's the one freaking out about little things, and then going all dreamy when she thinks of Yamada. Most of the series is so closely focused on Yamada, we don't get that much of Kase herself, so this is a real treat.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Gosh she's such a dork. It's great!

joined Jan 14, 2015

Kase and Yamade are both the cutest

joined Oct 4, 2016

tfw someone has devoted their entire life to the rivalry between the two of you and you don't even know who they are.

To reply you must either login or sign up.