Forum › Riko & Haru & Irukawa Hot Springs discussion

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

How do two people miscommunicate so badly that one of them ends up in the entirely wrong city thinking they've had to leave all their friends behind? Kinda a hilarious twist on the whole moving away trope though.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Alice Cheshire posted:

How do two people miscommunicate so badly that one of them ends up in the entirely wrong city thinking they've had to leave all their friends behind?

They are in yuri manga.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

The whole ridiculously stupid miscommunication arc was kinda redeemed by "Oh no! We're losing the only oasis in this shitty countryside!" ... Kind of... I'd have preferred that Hijiki had spent more time on the yuri than on this stupid arc, but, nooo, they're just gonna completely forget the best confession in all of yuri and all the other stuff. Ayakashiko's probably gonna end the same way, but at least that's somewhat more unique than this... well, at any rate, it was still an enjoyable read and at least those two young women are definitely together (I forget what their names are).

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Yeah, it was subtext at max, maybe yuri crush if you look reeeaaally close, but not yuri at all.

Well . . . it wasn't subtext exactly because there were some overt things, in one or two cases quite overt. But it wasn't really yuri because those things didn't go anywhere, like, at all. Maybe . . . Yuri supertext? Yuri footnotes?

Still moderately fun.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Good manga. Bad yuri.
Teasing a Riko and Haru end so much and delivering a subtext end is just unfair.
Good read overall. Comfy atmosphere and great art.

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

Yeah, it was subtext at max, maybe yuri crush if you look reeeaaally close, but not yuri at all.

Haru: Yuri crush
Akane: Yuri crush
Riko: (?)
Yuuko and Midori: yuri couple (?)

I'd say:

Haru: yuri crush
Akane: yuri crush
Riko: nothing mentioned at all
Yuuko and Midori: yuri side couple (we already have this tag and they're not that important to be a main couple)

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Thank you for translation and getting this series finished. Now if only some the other dropped ones like Maria Watches Over Us and Kanamemo would get picked back up. Or the ongoing one Catulus Syndrome. Then there is also Yamada to Kase-san what seems to of stalled.

last edited at Jan 14, 2018 3:08PM

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

what a fucking disappointment of an ending plus with the shitty reaction from riko to the gender nonconforming person in one of the last chapters just what an awful end to this manga

You're a funny dud- Ah shit I almost assumed your gender, sorry about that.

blatant_harvester
Snpl
joined Feb 16, 2013

The whole ridiculously stupid miscommunication arc was kinda redeemed by "Oh no! We're losing the only oasis in this shitty countryside!" ... Kind of... I'd have preferred that Hijiki had spent more time on the yuri than on this stupid arc, but, nooo, they're just gonna completely forget the best confession in all of yuri and all the other stuff. Ayakashiko's probably gonna end the same way, but at least that's somewhat more unique than this... well, at any rate, it was still an enjoyable read and at least those two young women are definitely together (I forget what their names are).

Don't think so...I would think Hijiki woulda learned from the missteps in Riko&Haru, which is likely why the yuri in Ayakashiko isn't so overt.

joined Mar 31, 2017

Don't think so...I would think Hijiki woulda learned from the missteps in Riko&Haru, which is likely why the yuri in Ayakashiko isn't so overt.

Suppressing the yuri this much seems like the wrong lesson to take in my opinion. I wasn't around when RikoHaru originally ended, so I don't know if she actually planned to draw it out a little more or if it was always meant to end like this. I only recently read that this series is still dear to her. We'll have to see how Ayakashiko continues.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Incredible. How did this manage to downgrade it into subtext lol, they kissed (twice) and one of them even confessed. At least it was cute.

last edited at Jan 14, 2018 4:43PM

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

I'm not really sure, but I think most of the times authors are forced to use subtext due to requirements. What was it I read in an interview before... Something like a magic being lost when the relationships are defined from a CGDCT to Yuri. Like Futaribeya where the author seems to imply it should be Yuri but it can't be Yuri.

Still a good ending for me even though I was surprised it's the last chapter. Thanks for the update!

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Yay! Finally finished after about 5 years, but the wait was worth it. I love Riko and Haru and even though it's like borderline subtext, this was still a fun and relaxing series. The amazing art was a great plus too.

Thanks for everyone who worked hard to scanlate this series!

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

damn..why is haru chan's dad alive? we could have milf yuri xDDD

kidding(not really) aside, this is a good read..love it..xDDD now i want a sequel that focuses on their yuri story..lol

last edited at Jan 14, 2018 7:50PM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Now I want 'Riko & Haru and the Zombie Hotsprings'

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

I'm not really sure, but I think most of the times authors are forced to use subtext due to requirements. What was it I read in an interview before... Something like a magic being lost when the relationships are defined from a CGDCT to Yuri. Like Futaribeya where the author seems to imply it should be Yuri but it can't be Yuri.

Still a good ending for me even though I was surprised it's the last chapter. Thanks for the update!

I remember seeing it said Futaribeya has two versions. A full on yuri one that never has been scanned/translated and then the serialized retelling that they got told to only make it subtext by the publisher or someone.

last edited at Jan 14, 2018 8:41PM

Img_20180401_104003
joined Nov 26, 2017

should be this tagged as yuri? I mean look at chapter 21 when Riko kissed Sleeping Haru lol (because Haru caught a cold)

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

man I really like the manga but it was so disappointing, it feels like the author forgot the development that happened just a few chapters ago.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I remember seeing it said Futaribeya has two versions. A full on yuri one that never has been scanned/translated and then the serialized retelling that they got told to only make it subtext by the publisher or someone.

From what I have read from people who have seen the raws it doesn't stay subtext at all. It goes full on yuri with actual couples.

Lalala Ñañaña
Aaaaaaaa%20(1)
joined Oct 6, 2015

Well, that was disappointing. On a completely unrelated topic, is anyone planning to translate the rest of Comprehensive Tovarisch?

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Well, that was disappointing. On a completely unrelated topic, is anyone planning to translate the rest of Comprehensive Tovarisch?

that one seemed like so much fun!

I like the mom in this story. I often think I'd like more stories that focus on parents. Working their arses off and raising freaking "life" and the next generation of people.

The miscommunication of that level is just a tiny bit hard to believe but whatever.
I was warned about the levels of yuri so I can't say I'm too surprised. Hell. I don't think I would have been too surprised if I hadn't been warned.

Overall it was all right.

Thanks translators!

last edited at Jan 15, 2018 1:25AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Well, that was a thing that happened.

Great art, acceptable story, poor yuri.

Maybe a miracle will happen next that will get Yuricam completed?

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

Ok, who dare to remove the yuri tag!

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

I will admit, I saw the twist at the end coming, but it stretched my suspension of disbelief a little.

I mostly find it hard to believe that Riko somehow managed to complete the transfer procedures to a school in Tokyo without her guardian ever being involved or informed, and thus ruining the twist ending because her mom would know about it.

Otherwise, I enjoyed the series as a whole, but that felt like a plot hole for the sake of comedy to me.

last edited at Jan 16, 2018 5:35PM

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

They kissed, they're attracted to each other. It's yuri in my book! Loved it, seemed like it has to be cut short though, but overall it was a pretty heart-warming stories of city girl finding true human link in the country.

Thank you for the translation <3 Another example that hope should never be lost for untranslated chapters!

To reply you must either login or sign up.