Forum › The Rain and the Other Side of You discussion

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I know they say not to judge a book by its cover, but the cousin looks a little sketchy lol. Well, we'll have to wait and see what's revealed.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I like this, the student seems broken inside in some way. Will probably make for an interesting story.
The teacher seems hellbent on not thinking "maybe she kissed me because she likes me, or is at least into me", and is instead determined to take it as a puzzling prank, which is kind of annoying. I mean, you can think "but why would she" only so many times before the word 'idiot' starts flashing before my eyes.

last edited at Jan 9, 2018 8:34PM

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

:/

I get this bad feeling that the cousin is doing sexual things with Madarame. That would explain her trying to do things with her teacher.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

W-We can't study in a position like this!

last edited at Jan 9, 2018 8:53PM

joined Jan 22, 2015

The cousin is sexually abusing her, isn't he?

That was my first thought too. I've read too many stories like that to not feel horrible vibes from him.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

That was my first thought too. I've read too many stories like that to not feel horrible vibes from him.

Just shows up to "tutor" a teenage girl in an empty house, Madarame refuses to even look at him. Definitely abuse.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Yeah, I'm gonna be so sad if they go the evil molesting guy route. Fingers crossed :x

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

I hate the fact that im thinking that the cousin has a 50% of being a creep. I blame all of you XD

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I get this bad feeling that the cousin is doing sexual things with Madarame. That would explain her trying to do things with her teacher.

yeah I get that feeling too, and the face Madarame made before sensei left was like a cry for help

Capture1%20edited1
joined Jul 10, 2016

This cousin guy looks like he could use a bullet between the eyes. Preferably 50 cal.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

yeah I get that feeling too, and the face Madarame made before sensei left was like a cry for help

Exactly my thoughts.. I hope we're wrong about this D:

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I want the guy to be just a decent dude. While I'm not against the trope, I'd like to see something else once in a while.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

The face she made to her sensei looked like a sincere cry for help. And sensei seems too preoccupied with the idea she's being pranked to notice.

I'd actually be more surprised if Madarame wasn't being abused, sadly. =(

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Abort abort...I'm gonna read the next chapters if I don't see any het-incest route :P

joined Nov 26, 2017

My kind of a lovestory.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Yeah, me three got that impression. It's amazing what a mangaka can do with a little quirk of the mouth and an offhand comment or two. We all suspect the hell out of him for no substantive reason, but there's no way it wasn't deliberate.

last edited at Jan 10, 2018 1:39AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Yeah, me three got that impression. It's amazing what a mangaka can do with a little quirk of the mouth and an offhand comment or two. We all suspect the hell out of him for no substantive reason, but there's no way it wasn't deliberate.

I mean it's less of what the mangaka did and more of it's ridiculously common in yuri stuff. Why would a woman fall for another woman if not because she was sexually abused by a cousin/uncle/step-father/etc.

last edited at Jan 10, 2018 4:27AM

joined Nov 7, 2013

Aaah cant wait for ch 7

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I love the dynamics between the student and the teacher. That alone would have been enough to maintain my interest, the probable abuse-storyline is a bit overboard in this. But oh well, let's see where it goes. I really dig the dynamics.

It's a whole lot of complex feelings. Sensei is trying to understand what's happening, also she has no confidence at all. None has ever liked her back? I imagine she didn't even tell them, because I can't imagine she would be rejected all the time as she is pretty decent (well, life sucks sometimes, you never know).
Then the student, she is forcefull and obviously has a fucked up life (none of your parents want you, wtf? best parents ever). We don't know her motifs, so we are on the same page as sensei.
I also got really bad vibes from the tutor. Maybe student wants to reproduce what is happening to her while being the one in charge. But that would just be too fucked up, please no. But many things actually point in this direction.
Anyway, as it is I hope she ends up living with sensei in the end <3

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

telamon posted:

I mean it's less of what the mangaka did and more of it's ridiculously common in yuri stuff. Why would a woman fall for another woman if not because she was sexually abused by a cousin/uncle/step-father/etc.

I can't speak for everyone but in my case the vibes I got from that bit were very much from the way things were written and shown. Madarame suddenly gets up and goes to the window, refusing to look at the guy, and doesn't even speak a word. And when Kanou wishes her good luck on her studying she does blush but nonetheless has a disturbingly blank look on her face. On top of that Madarame's actions thus far and her insistence on not being pitied definitely hint that something more than simply living alone is up with her personal life.

joined Dec 26, 2016

I really hope beta-boi isn't abusing madarame but everything seems to point to it, does it make me a bad person for me preferring violent abuse over sexual abuse of course I'd much rather no abuse

joined Mar 25, 2013

telamon posted:

I can't speak for everyone but in my case the vibes I got from that bit were very much from the way things were written and shown. Madarame suddenly gets up and goes to the window, refusing to look at the guy, and doesn't even speak a word. And when Kanou wishes her good luck on her studying she does blush but nonetheless has a disturbingly blank look on her face. On top of that Madarame's actions thus far and her insistence on not being pitied definitely hint that something more than simply living alone is up with her personal life.

I guess I didn't come across right. I completely agree that she's probably abused by her 'cousin', I meant that it's very common for this thing to pop-up in yuri manga so it's not that surprising to see here as well when you suddenly show a male character that is loosely related to one of them and there's a degree of parental abandonment.

Every manga that has this kind of thing the MC either walks in on the abuse or they 'allude' to it like this. And by allude I mean it's painfully obvious. It's nothing new and certainly doesn't deserve praise for 'subtlety'.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Is it one of Momono Moto's first works? It looks a bit disjointed or perhaps a teensy bit too abstract in how it is written. I guess I'm supposed to feel as puzzled as the teacher as to why the student is acting this way, but I don't know...

Still like it, though.

joined May 20, 2013

Is it one of Momono Moto's first works? It looks a bit disjointed or perhaps a teensy bit too abstract in how it is written. I guess I'm supposed to feel as puzzled as the teacher as to why the student is acting this way, but I don't know...

Still like it, though.

Looking at her pixiv, the first chapter is from 2014. Then new chapters every so often. There was a relatively short time between the last two chapters (9 and 10). No new sight of the creepy cousin, so far. I hope they intend to finish it with at least similarly short gaps if it ends up coming to that kind of plot.

Tumblr_mzkufvpuyp1sgerido1_500
joined Oct 25, 2014

I love age-gap Student-teacher thingy but the MC is lacking way too much as a teacher and adult. After learning she practically lives alone, wondering why she would kiss her like a teenage, man the girl needs attention and care she is lacking at home and probably looking for it on her teacher. Maybe she really likes her too but c'mon overlooking the fact that a minor is practically left alone by their parents is negligent at best.
But hey this is manga (?

To reply you must either login or sign up.