Forum › The Rain and the Other Side of You discussion

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I like this, age gap, more aggressive younger girl. Sign me up xD

joined Jun 3, 2017

Please moar

__kasodani_kyouko_touhou_drawn_by_uguisu_mochi_ykss35__6c703c362e7ad06d13079154bccd4fae
joined Jul 11, 2017

I'm loving the roughness of the art, more like sketches. A pleasant shift from the more polished works Momono-sensei draws

joined Mar 25, 2013

I think I'm kinda tired of "weak-willed adult gets run around by surprisingly mature teenager" stories. Maybe it's just me.

Don't read then

Alright, mom.

Go to your room!

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Dear My Teacher, Pure Adolescent Water, this <3 Thank you, bless you <3

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

<¤·¤> Need CHAPTER 4

K_on_____22___large__n0ilt
joined Oct 26, 2017

Yeah what the fuck Madarame-san. That was undeniably gay

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I'm so charmed by the art. Cute, but I hope sensei is not too much of a pushover. :D

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

I love teacher x student stories kkkk

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

On one hand, I fully agree that the whole "aggressive student hitting on her insecure, sexually frustrated teacher" thing is
getting a bit overdone. On the other hand, doing it that way is kind of necessary if you want to do a teacher/student story, because the alternative is pretty much to have an adult taking advantage of a child, which is just creepy.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

On one hand, I fully agree that the whole "aggressive student hitting on her insecure, sexually frustrated teacher" thing is
getting a bit overdone. On the other hand, doing it that way is kind of necessary if you want to do a teacher/student story, because the alternative is pretty much to have an adult taking advantage of a child, which is just creepy.

The funny thing is the former dynamic seems to almost always result in a good story, even though there's so many ways it could be done wrong.

last edited at Jan 6, 2018 12:36AM

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Do you have any examples of stories where the older teacher takes the lead and tries to seduce a student, that's not super creepy?

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Do you have any examples of stories where the older teacher takes the lead and tries to seduce a student, that's not super creepy?

No, that's pretty much impossible. I meant the other way, at least in the stories on this site, seems to create effective romances.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ah, misinterpreted your post, sorry. I get former and latter mixed up sometimes.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Momono Moto's out-of-the-blunt kisses give off an impression of déjà-vu. Don't get me wrong, I like it but I think she resorts to using them too often.

Well, there is this old one coming to my mind. Guess there are a few others lost in limbo on this site.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Well, it could be more balanced, though. For FF novels, there's for example Telford's The Housemistress, which is not to be taken too seriously, but it's about this cliche alluring French teacher - she doesn't actively pursue the heroine in pushing her into anything, but she makes herself "very available". It's similar in Coco Mingolelli's Peccatum In Carne, where the teacher doesn't do much except being friendly, but once the relationship is established it's fairly clear she's the more experienced one.

Also, it's not like students these days can't screw over teachers if they give in to romance. For an example of that happening (or did it?! dun dun dun) there's Rebecca Lazaro's Unravel ;)

joined Jun 23, 2017

Well, if you keep your moral compass in check and don't forget it's fiction (or even if you do), I think you can find sweet stories of adult/teacher seducing an underage. Isn't that the case for Hoshikawa Ginza District 4? There's even Yuzumori-san, even if it's not student/teacher, or Kimi no Tama nara Shineru, even if it's tutor/student. Edit Ah and the featured series Teach Me, apparently!

Perhaps it all has to do with the serious character/giving up love in early ages. I remember this translated phrase by Faye in Cowboy Bebop "people who are too serious when they're young have the risk to fall in love with younger girls", or something like that. It's cute to see serious people thrown out of balance by seemingly "weaker" (status, maturity, intelligence, whatever), I guess.

And also, the struggling part, the temptation is important. If the teacher wants to seduce a student, they're already at peace with themselves and there's less tension/inner struggle potential, or something, it could be very wrong. So, if it's not the teacher who initiate the game of seduction, but they are receptive, there is the whole moral conundrum of giving in or trying to keep your distant. And since it's more interesting when things are happening, they give in!

last edited at Jan 6, 2018 9:57AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, if you keep your moral compass in check and don't forget it's fiction (or even if you do), I think you can find sweet stories of adult/teacher seducing an underage. Isn't that the case for Hoshikawa Ginza District 4? There's even Yuzumori-san, even if it's not student/teacher, or Kimi no Tama nara Shineru, even if it's tutor/student. Edit Ah and the featured series Teach Me, apparently!

Wait, since when is Hoshikawa Ginza District 4 about a teacher seducing a child? It's just the opposite, sensei actively tries to avoid seducing her and leaves her choices as wide open as possible. That, and the character is portrayed as being really bad at it.

joined Jun 23, 2017

Wait, since when is Hoshikawa Ginza District 4 about a teacher seducing a child? It's just the opposite, sensei actively tries to avoid seducing her and leaves her choices as wide open as possible. That, and the character is portrayed as being really bad at it.

Hence the question mark, I wasn't sure and didn't remember it well, apparently. I thought the sensei fell for the girl without the younger one actively trying to seduce her? Or am I wrong again?

Either way, this and that are a different thing, I guess!

last edited at Jan 6, 2018 7:58PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Klice posted:

Hence the question mark, I wasn't sure and didn't remember it well, apparently. I thought the sensei fell for the girl without the younger one actively trying to seduce her? Or am I wrong again?

Either way, this and that are a different thing, I guess!

You're definitely off the mark. Been awhile since I last reread it but from what I recall they both fell for each other and the teacher had to spend most of the series refraining from doing anything because she was worried about how things would turn out if she went any further while the student kept wanting to go further.

Kotori-chan
joined Jan 8, 2018

An age gap, student-teacher, and Momono Moto? Sign me up. Now if we could only get some more My Ignorance of a World Yet Unknown...

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Alice Cheshire posted:

You're definitely off the mark. Been awhile since I last reread it but from what I recall they both fell for each other and the teacher had to spend most of the series refraining from doing anything because she was worried about how things would turn out if she went any further while the student kept wanting to go further.

Having gone back and reread it I can verify that this is basically exactly the case.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

The cousin is sexually abusing her, isn't he?

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Of course, it's yet another asshole dude infesting once-wonderful yuri (alright, it's still pretty good, but still, fuck). Maybe there'll be a twist and this guy ain't actually an asshole, but, well, he's giving off bad vibes already and he's only showed up in like five panels...

last edited at Jan 9, 2018 8:15PM

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

oh noooooooooooooooooooooes
I still kinda like this one though, it's got something going for it even if I can't quite put my finger on it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.