Forum › Eiko and Leeza's Situation discussion

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Robot might kill me because a pressure sensor was gummed up and the welcome home hug contained 10000 newtons of hydraulic force.

It's like people being scared of self-driving cars (or trains etc): nearly all car accidents are happening because of human error; same for trains. Yet we are far more scared of some mechanical/Ai failure, which ultimately would be or will be far less likely ;)

Senpai
joined Dec 12, 2017

handholding

These greedy sexbots, I swear. That's the definition of going too far. What next? Some kind of AI takeover?

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

wonderful story but just one (massive) thing lacking ;)

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Interesting translator's notes about the robot's name. I was thinking it was a reference to ELIZA.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I was expecting something else, but that ending was pretty lewd in itself...

joined Apr 12, 2014

cute robo

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

Eh, it's more a matter of warning. Sure, family and friends are more likely to kill me, but at least I'll understand why and when it might happen. I'll see it coming, you know? Robot might kill me because a pressure sensor was gummed up and the welcome home hug contained 10000 newtons of hydraulic force.

sure but, why would you build a sexbot that could even output that much energy, theyre built for sex they dont need to have even close to the strength of a normal human. If anything the biggest risk might be electricity or something leaking and killing you.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013
joined Jul 26, 2016

Eh, it's more a matter of warning. Sure, family and friends are more likely to kill me, but at least I'll understand why and when it might happen. I'll see it coming, you know? Robot might kill me because a pressure sensor was gummed up and the welcome home hug contained 10000 newtons of hydraulic force.

Somehow I doubt the manufacturer would have splurged on that much performance in a model that has no use whatsoever for it...

Anyway, what's curious is that Leeza is rather implied to be going outside her programming parameters - and heading towards emergent volitional AI territory. Talk about an ethical and legal can of worms in the making, especially if that kind of thing happens more widely to such robots if they stick around long enough...

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

The credits though xD

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Somehow I doubt the manufacturer would have splurged on that much performance in a model that has no use whatsoever for it...

"Accused of willful negligence in the death of 73096 people Sexbot Inc released a statement claiming that equipping their latest series of companion gynoids with flamethrower breasts and rocket launcher arms 'seemed like a good idea at the time'. In other news ... "

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Reminds me of Chobits, but wayyyyyyy much much much better.

Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

I want to see the Female Knight x Villainess comic

I didn't know such a beautiful thing exists. :paa:

It's a stretch, but there's always Mage and Demon Queen. But I'm in love with it so I'm biased and jumping at the opportunity to link to it lol

That aside, I love media that discusses falling in love with androids/robots, so I enjoyed this a lot. Hopefully we'll see more of them someday.

Edit: formatting fail twice orz

last edited at Jan 2, 2018 9:50PM

200069l%20(1)%20(1)
joined Dec 25, 2015

Damn, for a manga with the NSFW tag, I was touched with feels more than I expected.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

muetokaerou posted:

It's a stretch, but there's always Mage and Demon Queen. But I'm in love with it so I'm biased and jumping at the opportunity to link to it lol

This is exactly what I was going to link, lol. It's hilarious and has some nice art.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Robot might kill me because a pressure sensor was gummed up and the welcome home hug contained 10000 newtons of hydraulic force.

It's like people being scared of self-driving cars (or trains etc): nearly all car accidents are happening because of human error; same for trains. Yet we are far more scared of some mechanical/Ai failure, which ultimately would be or will be far less likely ;)

Sexy Roko's basilisk.

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

I'd like to get a sex bot too. For educational and drawing purposes obviously. Lucky girl...

P.267 has one too many "to get" to the coloring page

joined Oct 26, 2016

The thing is though, errors in driving can lead to serious harm. I don't think sexbots would be designed with enough strength to hurt anybody seriously.

Even if they were, I seriously doubt that future advanced ai (esp those complex enough to show signs of emergent sentience like in this story) would be incapable of detecting and mitigating problems that could cause bodily harm. The thing we really need to worry about is an ai that ends up deciding to kill everybody for whatever reason. Humans have that problem too but they're less likely to succeed.

Anyways, I wish there are more robot/ai stories as I love thinking about ais in general.

last edited at Jan 2, 2018 11:59PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

It's not entirely about the actual risk level. It's also about the perception . . . and reality . . . that you have some control over that risk. People like to feel in control of what's going on. If you drive a car and don't want to die, you can drive defensively; it won't necessarily work, but careful drivers do have far fewer accidents. If your car drives itself the risk level is what it is--high or low, you are helpless to make a difference. Blank Mage was just saying that robot risk leaves you less in control than people risk, and I'd say it's true--we've evolved to estimate and counter people risk; robot risk, not so much.

That said, I doubt anyone's going to make sexbots with superhuman strength. You know how much it would cost to make your sexbot even capable of generating that much force? Actually, if it's battery powered it's probably impossible. Real sexbots would mostly be built wimpier than normal humans and generally not be very good at violence. Even if they shorted out on you the voltage probably wouldn't be heavy enough to kill.
(and control or no control, I'll totally go for self-driving cars so I can read while the car does the driving)

Back at the manga, I liked it.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

"Accused of willful negligence in the death of 73096 people Sexbot Inc released a statement claiming that equipping their latest series of companion gynoids with flamethrower breasts and rocket launcher arms 'seemed like a good idea at the time'. In other news ... "

Hee!

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

last edited at Jan 3, 2018 12:42AM

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Interesting translator's notes about the robot's name. I was thinking it was a reference to ELIZA.

yip! the credit was interesting too. LOL... i like this author...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Now I am officially subscribed to the Robot tag.

I am a little disappointed that there was no sex even tho there's a NSFW tag, especially because the art is really cute, but I really liked it :)

Man, have you seen that handholding on the last page?!

handholding

These greedy sexbots, I swear. That's the definition of going too far. What next? Some kind of AI takeover?

And that after Eiko explicitly told her she was afraid of sex!

That fucking reaction...

Nothing is Scarier

IKR? I was afraid Eiko really broke her, good thing Leeza managed to recover...

32104671_1715652908533240_2109611648586088448_n
joined Jul 30, 2015

Love is Love even with a Robot. Yes true! Good story! :')

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

I came here for NSFW but got beaten by za feelz ;____;

last edited at Jan 3, 2018 5:08AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.