Forum › Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! discussion

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

How fast we can get it out may vary depending on how well the anons cooperate, but /u/ is currently working on getting this series done.

39 & 40 had full translation scripts. Has Comet officially dropped this?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

How fast we can get it out may vary depending on how well the anons cooperate, but /u/ is currently working on getting this series done.

I dunno about officially dropped, but it's been well over a year since they last updated so it's more of a "hey why not" kinda thing.

UcchiTheEmojiFace
Ucchi,
joined Nov 12, 2017

YEEEESSSSS! YEEESSSSS!! YESSSSSSSSS!!!! ITS BACK ITS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joined Oct 17, 2016

They didnt post ANYTHING on their page since more than a year, so I guess the translation group is dead/on a very long hiatus.

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

They didnt post ANYTHING on their page since more than a year, so I guess the translation group is dead/on a very long hiatus.

Yep, they're all dead, every last one of em keeled over in front of their computers, Photoshop/GIMP still open, pizza rolls hardened in the microwave, and manga shelves undusted.

last edited at Dec 21, 2017 8:04PM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Yep, they're all dead, every last one of em keeled over in front of their computers, Photoshop/GIMP still open, pizza rolls hardened in the microwave, and manga shelves undusted.

If they're all dead... Then how did they upload the latest chapter!

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

If they're all dead... Then how did they upload the latest chapter!

My god... Their spirits have returned to the world of the living to resume their unfinished work because the power of yuri compels them! It's the only explanation that makes sense.

last edited at Dec 21, 2017 8:44PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Comet seemingly died but from among the grateful masses new heroes arose to avenge them.

I have probably posted about this before but SHINOZAKI IS REALLY EASY TO READ IN THE ORIGINAL CUZ IT'S RIDICULOUSLY SUBTITLED WITH FURIGANA. То emphasize this point, even early grade school kanji like "Dai suki" is spelled out in little hiragana. Seriously. So if you understand spoken Japanese, you can read Shinozaki. It just takes patience. That said, tankobon volumes are pretty tiny, and Shinozaki panels are extra small, and very, very busy, so you may need a magnifying glass. But this series is furigana-ed like something out of first grade.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I have probably posted about this before but SHINOZAKI IS REALLY EASY TO READ IN THE ORIGINAL CUZ IT'S RIDICULOUSLY SUBTITLED WITH FURIGANA. То emphasize this point, even early grade school kanji like "Dai suki" is spelled out in little hiragana. Seriously. So if you understand spoken Japanese, you can read Shinozaki. It just takes patience. That said, tankobon volumes are pretty tiny, and Shinozaki panels are extra small, and very, very busy, so you may need a magnifying glass. But this series is furigana-ed like something out of first grade.

It does balance it out with complex trivia and density. Particularly in chapters that go into depth about certain subjects like various printing methods.
Anyone who wants to help QC/fix my TL efforts are free to swing by /u/'s translation thread. Would be much appreciated.

Perfect_human
joined Jan 16, 2017

kind of nostalgic to see this entry on the home page

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Wuaahaahaha I really missed Shinozaki's wild imagination, thanks anons!

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

I like how all her friends realize she is in love with another girl and just goes with it even if main girl won't admit to it herself.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Finally it's back

joined Jul 26, 2016

Pretty sure Chigusa's the only one in the group who hasn't yet clued in on Akina's massive crush...

Also am I imagining things or is Konatsu pretty much blatantly hitting on Touko now. (And being Makoto remains suffering lmao)

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

Hey, /u/ scanlations

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

kind of nostalgic to see this entry on the home page

Yeah, wow, nostalgic to see this old zombie come back with updates.

The weeaboo in me is just happy to see all the honorifics left in, thanks, /u/ bastards

last edited at Dec 22, 2017 3:53AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

Glad to see Shinozaki is still as gay as ever

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

So happy to see this coming back! Time to reread the series...

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

i hope she confesses soon

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

KalzCarvalho posted:

so, when next chap?

Looks like you're not used to the customs around fansubbing, so I'll be frank, next chapter will come whenever the people involved feel like it, not sooner or later (unless you're willing to help them), this is an important lesson please don't forget it.

last edited at Dec 22, 2017 7:02PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

KalzCarvalho posted:

so, when next chap?

Looks like you're not used to the customs around fansubbing, so I'll be frank, next chapter will come whenever the people involved feel like it, not sooner or later (unless you're willing to help them), this is an important lesson please don't forget it.

I can speak and understand french, portuguese (my mother language) and english, but in japanese I can only understand a single word: "arigato", wich means "good morning".

also, what's an important lesson? :v

The important lesson is don't badger the scanlators. It's against the forum rules, and generally a rude thing to do anyway.

Don't be this dude.

last edited at Dec 22, 2017 8:16PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The original manga was finished with 46 chapters in July I think, some fans are kind enough to translate what's left so we can only wait patiently or help however we can to get things done faster... Also, only few fansubs would dare to share any kind of schedule and even when they do they aren't obligated to stick to it, and /u/ scanlations isn't one of them.

joined Jan 8, 2014

I can speak and understand french, portuguese (my mother language) and english, but in japanese I can only understand a single word: "arigato", wich means "good morning".

Arigato means good morning? Lol, yeah ok...

But anyway, wow where has this one been ^_^ thanks for scantalating! Fun chapter too

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Akina is so busted with her friends. XD Missed that, so thanks for picking this up.

joined Dec 23, 2017

Immensely thankful about a new chapter omfg!! Shinozaki-san is a really entertaining manga and it's really great to see them again. :D

To reply you must either login or sign up.