Forum › Nameless Fruit discussion

joined Aug 15, 2015

I don't know what SHAFT-style is but the pacing for the first chapter gave me an impression that I'm looking at a flash back as if someone is questioning their life style, probably when they currently are in life crisis situation, just recollecting all important moment that had biggest impact to their life which leading to their current tragic reality.

last edited at Nov 7, 2017 5:02AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

After reading it, I think it calls for a continuation.

Because I can feel the love triangle, or even love square, coming.

Because, it's kinda obvious that Akane and Aoi were a thing (the break-up Akane speaks of at the beginning), that Aoi is interested in Nonoka in the same way that Akane is (though their approach is different) and Shou-chan, well, she could go for either of the 3.

If it follows the pattern I think of, it should end with Aoi x Nonoka and Akane x Shou-chan. Just my current bet.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

I'm in page 18 as I'm writing this comment...
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it looks so much like SHAFT's works. Maybe the author marathoned Monogatari, Madoka and Nisekoi.

It's interesting and weird to see something like this non-animated.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Really great, I sense some drama and probably angst incoming, but we'll see! I think it'll be good anyway!

last edited at Nov 7, 2017 11:38AM

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

It's good and all, but am I the only one that feels the pacing is all over?

The author is known for being a bit different, but aside from that this reminded me of The Feelings We All Must Endure by Amano Shuninta.

Arg
joined Jan 17, 2014

the tags on this guy's other works makes me think this will probably take a turn for the worse.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

It's good and all, but am I the only one that feels the pacing is all over?

No, the "directing" is pretty confusing, I had a bit of a struggle to distinguish the transition between the different scenes at first.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

I don't know what SHAFT-style is but the pacing for the first chapter gave me an impression that I'm looking at a flash back as if someone is questioning their life style, probably when they currently are in life crisis situation, just recollecting all important moment that had biggest impact to their life which leading to their current tragic reality.

SHAFT is the studio that adapt the monogatari novels that are narrated from the MC perspective that tend to monologue about everything and almost every conversation instead of having the two characters just talking is full of gags or jokes sometimes about the conversation sometimes about anything
i dont think is wrong to call it SHAFT style since a lot of their shows had this kind of direction but is more acurate to call it monogatari-style

last edited at Nov 7, 2017 12:25PM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

for everyon that is confused about the pace and trasitions this manga is triying to emulate the monogatari seriesi that has all this element on the narrative you should give it a try is pretty good anime

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

for everyon that is confused about the pace and trasitions this manga is triying to emulate the monogatari seriesi that has all this element on the narrative you should give it a try is pretty good anime

I'd watch Monogatari but damn, the order to watch it in is so damn confusing. Just like the Fate series....

As for this first chapter, I found it to be incredibly boring. The art is nice and all but there's literally nothing interesting about these characters. I'll see what the next chapters have to offer, to see if this story either get's interesting or even more boring.

last edited at Nov 7, 2017 1:03PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

These gals are horny af

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

benja posted:

SHAFT is the studio that adapt the monogatari novels that are narrated from the MC perspective that tend to monologue about everything and almost every conversation instead of having the two characters just talking is full of gags or jokes sometimes about the conversation sometimes about anything
i dont think is wrong to call it SHAFT style since a lot of their shows had this kind of direction but is more acurate to call it monogatari-style

You forgot the head-tilt.

last edited at Nov 7, 2017 2:05PM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Hmm, I liked it, but I want Akane and Nonoka to pair up. In any case I enjoyed the differentness of it..can I say that? is that a word?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

You can say "originality", or "uniqueness".

Differentness is a word, but in this context, i'm not sure it's appropriate.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I'm going to guess that this story will either have all the girls falling for one another and a ton of angst, or maybe if we're really lucky, they'll all get together for a polymary ending.

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Seemingly, it may have a tinge of monogatari but I wouldn't say it emulates monogatari series. The elements of parodies, word play and metahumour are non existent in here to which by contrast, it is all over in both light novels and anime of monogatari series.
I admire the author's style in here. As I've read the other recent works, it deviated from the usual. Well, of course, except for the sex scenes. When I was reading this, the concepts of self-discovery, social status, sexuality, acceptance and relationships come into play. Since, this is just chapter 1, I think the author has a lot more to tell us. It is an interesting find on how the story is being told.

(...) quantities of elements (....)

last edited at Nov 8, 2017 10:04AM

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I don't care what anyone says, I'm enjoying it, so far, and waiting patiently for the next chapter.

I like the cover art, as well.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

...and waiting patiently for the next chapter.

This is the part I'm having trouble believing.

Jinx%20avatar%20150x150
joined Jan 11, 2017

Its funny, I actually got more of a FLFC vibe then Monogatari when reading this.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

whelp im lost and confused

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Funny how even before reading the comments here, I thought "this kinda reminds me of Monogatari".

I stopped reading at the picture of the stationery at page 14 to come here and see the Monogatari comparisons. I couldn't take it anymore. At first, I got a Kurogane Ken vibe from the art style and gags, but it's really all Monogatari.

But I read further and the Monogatari/SHAFT/Shinbo stylistic cues became more and more obnoxious.

The weeaboo in me is far too amused Akane's ne at the end of some of her sentences was left untranslated, preserving the stupid Akane-ne joke, another Monogatari reference. Ara ara~~

joined May 1, 2013

It's weird, I've definitely been confused by manga before, but not only did I not find this confusing at all, it wouldn't occur to me that anyone would. It's interesting how some people get jarred out of a narrative by things that other people don't even notice.

Anyway, as for this story, the characters are okay. Akane is charming. The sex scene is pretty cute. I'm a little mystified about why Naomi is the main character's cousin, when first of all that's not relevant to the story at all and second of all they're clearly going to have sex.

123548.320x180
joined Aug 7, 2013

Am i the only one who got this feeling of lost? Like how you don't know where to go in life. It's a really chaotic feeling.
Got that feeling again when i read this one. Haven't felt that in a while.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

It's really hard to follow. A few breaks would've been nice.

To reply you must either login or sign up.