Forum › Vampire-chan × Junior-chan discussion

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Does anyone know, or can remember if it’s been revealed, why she can’t simply drink blood from a bloodbag?

Yeah, I don't remember any explanation for why this isn't possible like even if it had to be "fresh" blood there's no rational reason biting ever needs to be involved at all she could literally just drip blood from a wound into her mouth. It's another instance of the issues with trying to mix a light comedic tone with a super-dramatic one: comedy requires a great deal less explanation because being ridiculous is often the entire point whereas with drama you immediately start picking it apart because you expect it to make sense if you're supposed to take it seriously.

Something something perversion and desire to make bride cum with her mouth something something.

Both people end up with an addiction to each other. That could imply that the bride is altered in some way by the first bite. That change might be required in order for the blood to provide sustenance to the papiliodemon, like a digestive process. And of course, by that time the bride will need to be bitten regularly in order to survive herself.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Zen_Clark posted:

Both people end up with an addiction to each other. That could imply that the bride is altered in some way by the first bite. That change might be required in order for the blood to provide sustenance to the papiliodemon, like a digestive process. And of course, by that time the bride will need to be bitten regularly in order to survive herself.

I think they're just horny

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm just waiting for the cure for the bride dying is True Love (tm). It's no less likely than anything else so far.

joined Jun 13, 2017

Sara's childhood memories hurt a lot

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I'm just waiting for the cure for the bride dying is True Love (tm). It's no less likely than anything else so far.

Unfortunately, that one seems out of the question because Tone-sensei's first pairing is implied to be a true love situation. And it would mean there were never any such situations before. I'm banking on that reincarnation theory from before, it still seems to fit as the likely resolution to all these issues.

I also kinda wanna break up the rose-tinted yuri goggles and remind everyone that chapter 2 was a decidedly explicit rape fantasy. Which isn't wrong, and is even common with vampire fiction, but was still pretty unsettling and undermines that whole idea of Iris as the pure hearted maiden. That tone split was present from the beginning.

last edited at Nov 2, 2017 12:13AM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Unfortunately, that one seems out of the question because Tone-sensei's first pairing is implied to be a true love situation. And it would mean there were never any such situations before. I'm banking on that reincarnation theory from before, it still seems to fit as the likely resolution to all these issues.

I also kinda wanna break up the rose-tinted yuri goggles and remind everyone that chapter 2 was a decidedly explicit rape fantasy. Which isn't wrong, and is even common with vampire fiction, but was still pretty unsettling and undermines that whole idea of Iris as the pure hearted maiden. That tone split was present from the beginning.

Rape fantasy/power imbalance is one of the motifs of this manga. It just also happens to be a romantic comedy.

last edited at Nov 2, 2017 2:00AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It's not even that the tone is split; if you look at KEY visual novels they do that all the time: make some nice, light-hearted comedy, and then, bam, tragedy happens. One emphasizes the other. Works really well, at least for me.

But doesn't mean you can just basically randomly mix it around and throw it together and have characters act like weird space-aliens that are incomprehensible to humans.

Lalala Ñañaña
Aaaaaaaa%20(1)
joined Oct 6, 2015

BISH YOU PERVERTED TEACHER, WHY YOU ACTING LIKE YOU CARE NOW??

I'm SO upset right now TT__TT

"I'm so sad deep down, because I killed my first love. Oh, but you gotta do it, too, Iris, even though you're obviously falling for her. Best if you don't even know about it, kill her, while I casually kill my new bride too. I'm so sad."

last edited at Nov 2, 2017 10:40AM

joined Jun 12, 2012

This is SO cheesy

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Everyone is talking about the teacher but noone seems to be mentioning that there is a evil organisation killing young girls enmass for financial gain..

^this

Also I'm noticing more and more signs of abusive relationships in standard shoujou tropes. I indeed lost my innocence, lol...

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Page 3 of ch7.

While amusing, in this context, 変態 means "transformation", not "pervert". :x

last edited at Nov 2, 2017 2:17PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Stand tall til the end of time

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I was about to comment on the "pervert" but I let it slide. I thought it was part of the transformation.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Why did it suddenly need to turn into drama? -_-

Lalala Ñañaña
Aaaaaaaa%20(1)
joined Oct 6, 2015

Everyone is talking about the teacher but noone seems to be mentioning that there is a evil organisation killing young girls enmass for financial gain..

I'm pretty sure papyliodemons are killing girls, not the organization.

last edited at Nov 2, 2017 9:14PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I'm pretty sure papyliodemons are killing girls, not the organization.

No, the organization is the one killing them. The papyliodemons are simply their willing tools in the slaughter.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

But it's for money! Maybe they use all their profit to save starving children in Africa!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

^this

Also I'm noticing more and more signs of abusive relationships in standard shoujou tropes. I indeed lost my innocence, lol...

Actually, that's called "growing up" or "thinking with your brain, rather than with your estrogen".

last edited at Nov 3, 2017 4:49AM

200069l%20(1)%20(1)
joined Dec 25, 2015

Well, this is fucked.

joined Oct 19, 2017

Ayafuji is so cool and why in chapter 7 is pervert have was writed

last edited at Nov 4, 2017 10:44AM

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Ahh "true love" the power to cheat death, reverse time, and limitless power. I think this is one of the few times I want some tragic ending to slap down some reality.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Page 3 of ch7.

While amusing, in this context, 変態 means "transformation", not "pervert". :x

Wow, that's true o.o google-san said that too
huehuehue
PD: If I remeber well, Franky (One Piece) made this joke sometimes

last edited at Nov 6, 2017 2:14PM

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

Yeah. The more I think of this series the more I realize Iris' uncle or whatever was right. They are monsters. As is the organization.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Yeah. The more I think of this series the more I realize Iris' uncle or whatever was right. They are monsters. As is the organization.

Yep, like I said we need to get a good old fashioned stake burning going, I'll grab the pitchforks and rile up the peasants.

To reply you must either login or sign up.