Forum › Vampire-chan × Junior-chan discussion

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Lol the teacher is somewhat into yuri

I think everyone is low-key into yuri in some way. How could they not be? ;)

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

...vampire? Wasn't she a whateverdemon?

last edited at Oct 30, 2017 11:00PM

joined Sep 9, 2016

I think the author (or maybe the translation team) is using that term as a sort of shorthand as it's widely known what a vampire is and what they consume for sustenance. Saying "blood-sucking butterfly demon" or even "papiliodemon" every other panel is cumbersome, for lack of a better word.

last edited at Oct 31, 2017 12:03AM

joined Oct 31, 2017

wow, Sara's got the same birthday as me

Me too! Now all I need is a vampire girlfriend....

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I think the author (or maybe the translation team) is using that term as a sort of shorthand as it's widely known what a vampire is and what they consume for sustenance. Saying "blood-sucking butterfly demon" or even "papiliodemon" every other panel is cumbersome, for lack of a better word.

Uh, yeah what the fuck, it seems I haven't been paying attention at all, since the tittle itself says "Vampire-chan" lmao.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I bet next there will be some hand holding.

Let's not go overboard, please.

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Terminologies in this story are not really important in my case. Throughout the course of literature, this folklore creature had been innovated soothing one's imagination. Like Bram Stoker's Dracula, Anne Rice's Lestat, Stephenie Meyer's Edward... or smooth portrayal of Wesley Snipes' Blade... or Count Dracula of Sesame Street(hehe...). All these boil down to integration in the story. In this instance, the author's vampire-chan is a papiliodaemon. I guess, it was thoroughly explained in here. Come to think of it, IMO, a vampire is a demon. Just like Vlad Dracula was better known as a devil/demon which thirsts for blood. Dracula means in Wallachian language "devil".

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Super serious question here: What's the in-universe reason why Iris always sexually teases Sara as much as possible when she sucks her blood? Is she doing it just to get off, or is it somehow a critical aspect of the blood sucking process?

last edited at Oct 31, 2017 11:20AM

joined Aug 28, 2016

Super serious question here: What's the in-universe reason why Iris always sexually teases Sara as much as possible when she sucks her blood? Is she doing it just to get off, or is it somehow a critical aspect of the blood sucking process?

Well, the reason is that it's vampire yuri, but you asked for an in-universe reason, so...

The story does mention early on that bloodsucking has an aphrodisiac effect. It seems like Papiliodaemons use arousal as a way to keep their brides compliant. From the examples we've seen so far, it usually works pretty well, too.

Lalala Ñañaña
Aaaaaaaa%20(1)
joined Oct 6, 2015

Well, teacher's a bitch.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Beware the Witching Hour! You never know when vampires may be prowling around~

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Isn't hunting is like lovemaking in nature? Like the eye of a tiger on its prey? Bizarre analogy as it is but the adrenaline for the kill pumps the heart to never break the connection to a bite, firmly planted sensing the prey.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Fuck sensei to hell and back.
Fuck inmature characters in dire situations in general

joined Apr 1, 2017

Man, Sensei sure was acting pompous for someone who tricked a person into becoming a murderer. An act or not to hide her guilt, she still acted like an asshole. If I hadn't been told she was sad and given flashbacks, the look on her face when our MC didn't fall to despair might have appeared to be one of frustration because she didn't give her the fun reaction she was expecting.

Edit: Also what the fuck? You tell someone that you deceived them into killing someone so that she and her organization could keep using them for all their worth, then decide to get it on in front of the people who you are going to murder like its no big deal.

last edited at Nov 1, 2017 12:32AM

joined Mar 7, 2017

Yay, I have the same birthday as Iris! :)

joined Mar 31, 2013

So, it looks like this series just completely ruined its tone by turning the vampires into mass-murdering monsters backed by an evil organization, without the author seeming to have realized that fact.

I mean, Sensei there is a serial killer that preys on underage girls.

Jeez.

joined Mar 7, 2017

Alright, I can sympathize will the teacher's backstory, but it doesn't change the fact that she deceived them, especially our poor baby Iris who now feels like she is murdering her love. Anyways, I love how Sara is just like, I'm going to die in a year, but I can't change that anymore now can I, so I won't cry about it and instead I'll get up and go comfort the one who now hates herself because she knows she is killing Sara. While I am here, with four projects and instead of getting my ass up and completing them, all I am doing is wanting to cry.

joined Jul 12, 2017

i feel like the manga is going to pull a "Your Lie In April" ending at the end.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

This is a vampire series and you're all here salty towards them being "murderer"...people read too much fairytales..

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

i feel like the manga is going to pull a "Your Lie In April" ending at the end.

How can it when we actually have a reason to like this character.

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

Iris, don't blame urself too hard. blame all of those people who have been deceiving u and ayafuji all this time. I wanna see Iris's angry expression really bad

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

So in short, all these vampire like beings are......player?

joined Aug 28, 2016

This is a vampire series and you're all here salty towards them being "murderer"...people read too much fairytales..

Well, there are different kinds of vampire series for different tastes.

It is pretty interesting to contrast it with the other vampire yuri series being scanlated at the moment, Seifuku no Vampiress Lord. That series actively steers away from every possible source of drama and angst as soon as it comes into view, remaining a light-hearted comedy where being a vampire is honestly kind of a sweet deal and doesn't have to involve doing serious harm to anybody.

Meanwhile, in Vampire-chan x Junior-chan, both the vampire and the bride are subject to a combination of biological necessity and chemical mind control to lock them into a codependent dynamic that'll inevitably kill the bride within a year, after which the vampire has to find a new bride and do the same thing all over again, with no way to break the cycle as long as the vampire exists. It's a bleak, hopeless situation for everyone involved, and I'm honestly half expecting Iris to attempt suicide at some point now that she knows just how bad things are.

Ushi-nooo
joined Aug 20, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/vampire_chan_junior_chan_ch07#8

BISH YOU PERVERTED TEACHER, WHY YOU ACTING LIKE YOU CARE NOW??

I'm SO upset right now TT__TT

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Series would be so much better without that pathetic excuse of a teacher.

To reply you must either login or sign up.