Forum › Someday, We’ll Get There discussion

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Real talk, how well is this series doing in Japan? Like I get that vidya is huge over there, but fighting games + yuri seems like such a small niche. I can't understand how this exposition dump series with a generic art style could possibly be the hottest thing in YH...

No idea. But they are both niche but remember when something is harder to find people go out of their way to get it so it has the fighting games audience and the yuri audience how long will it hold both only time will tell(my money is on Mr axe)

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

i lost it when she asked for a hair tie and then tied her hair up as loosely as possible

I kind of read this as a filler in YH, it can't seriously be that popular.... right? I get the whole cute girls doing cute things gimmick, but everything here is so bland I can't see it being a big hit

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Maybe it's just because I'm not into them, and never really played them, but I find all the explanations of fighting game mechanics really boring.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I guess having only female (main) characters is enough to be published in Yuri Hime theses days.

Remember: yuri is not a "romantic relationship between girls." It's a "special relationship between girls." Where special means: friends, sisters, family, lovers, lesbians.

Really? I like all those things but I don't agree they should be under this particular term. I think the most it should cover is a story about a lesbian even if a relationship is never actually featured as in the case with My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness. Just my thoughts on the mater. I suspect this issue has already been decided?

This story still amuses. Something that could be romantic yuri seems to have come up. Possibly it's just indigestion though. There just might not be any romantic yuri but we still have cats. And Tekken!

last edited at Aug 25, 2017 5:53AM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Maybe it's just because I'm not into them, and never really played them, but I find all the explanations of fighting game mechanics really boring.

Was afraid of that. but the first person to mention it after the current chapter's release gave me hope!
I'm tempted to try and get you all to look at Guilty Gear Rev 2. If only it had some definite lesbians. Game is gorgeous though.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

It'd probably be more of a grind if you knew it well. I've basic experience(mostly Mortal Kombat and Smash Brothers) and these explanations aren't much more interesting(though informative).

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

C'mon where is yuri guys? Will it ever start in here? :c

Cxpifenweaaqcl21
joined Nov 24, 2016

Suddenly I realize that Mino's character is basically Paul Phoenix.

DEATHFIST URAAAAGH

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The hair tie is going to change... EVERYTHING!

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 5 minor error in pg 9 fixed https://yuriproject.net/someday-well-get-ch05/

pg 09, "it's a possible"

last edited at Aug 25, 2017 1:38PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Mangaka uses same kanji and kana ( 西あすか ) as the voice actress. I notice they've done two card game mangas (not translated) that seem to have the same character and a couple others also not translated but not many chapters of any of them. So they're relatively new, I think.

I think we're past the Golden Age of pure yuri romance dominating, and now it's yuri + whatever it's actually about.

last edited at Aug 25, 2017 2:06PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Was afraid of that. but the first person to mention it after the current chapter's release gave me hope!
I'm tempted to try and get you all to look at Guilty Gear Rev 2. If only it had some definite lesbians. Game is gorgeous though.

I think it's still worth reading overall, but I think the writer should go a lot less detailed into fighting mechanics. It's not like the readers need to learn these moves or how to play to pro level to be able to follow it.

I think a good example would be the Saki anime - they do explain the odd term, but 90% of the time they don't explain hands, yet you can still follow what is going on. And moreover, even though it is about a much more complex game, they spend more time focusing on characters than mahjong. I think this would benefit too from being more character focused.

last edited at Aug 25, 2017 2:20PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I actually like this just fine. That said, I hope the ending is the laid-back player saying "You know, playing these fighting games side-by-side is the only way you two will essentially 'have sex'." And the new girl going "Phuck that!" and walking off into the sunset with the laid-back girl.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

@Shion

You can't even consider this Manga subtext, it's just another boring generic sports manga, which I think is somehow worse because it's focused on VIDEO games. Which are in their best form as actual videos rather than panels.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

reads page 19

DAMMIT JUST KISS HOLD HANDS ALREADY

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

@Shion

You can't even consider this Manga subtext, it's just another boring generic sports manga, which I think is somehow worse because it's focused on VIDEO games. Which are in their best form as actual videos rather than panels.

It all just feels like a big ad for Tekkin 7.

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

i hope this actually gets gay at some point. it'd be a real shame if it didnt.

joined Jun 28, 2017

Whoop, whoop! Chapter five is finally here!
But i'm only gonna read it next week cause i wanna savour my four favourite Yuri(ish) manga and i already read Sinmai... today :p

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I like the way the match was written, really felt just like how an actual fighting game match goes. Mino won the match straight up by practicing the game nonstop, playing it the right way, and thinking about what she was doing, rather than having a ridiculous talent or secret technique reveal itself at the last minute. ZTT getting realistically shaken up and salty after losing a round was a nice touch.
This is possibly the most sport-accurate sports manga I've ever seen.

last edited at Sep 6, 2017 5:31PM

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

She won the fighting game battle, but we're clearly losing the yuri war here.

last edited at Sep 6, 2017 5:32PM

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

The mindgames are real.
This girl is a monster.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Those faces. XD

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Plot twist: ZTT and Shijou are really scrubs who go 0-2 at locals, and Mino won by mashing buttons ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

... that said, I'll be waiting patiently for the yuri.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

This manga went to the Fluttering Feelings school of developing Yuri romance.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Nice, a new character will appear

To reply you must either login or sign up.