Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

joined Mar 8, 2016

"He has the best words"

this manga is so goodful

Glimpse into how the sausage gets made: this was the result of Dr. Mario and me collaborating on how to deal with the original joke, which had the first character using the English words "fast" and "slow" in a Japanese sentence and the second wondering in amazement if he is bilingual.

Glad we were successful in making it similar and still funny in English. :p

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

The MahiMahi duo is really starting to grow on me

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

READ IT IN THEIR VOICES AND TELL ME IT'S NOT THEM.

I DARE YOU.

last edited at Jul 27, 2017 6:49PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Really, this gotta be the most original pair I've seen in a while! not just from this manga in particular but yuri in general.
Also the odd small mangaka (not the grumpy one) with the heartbroken girl with a ribbon in her head makes a very fresh combination too, I hope to see more of them.

Tumblr_inline_mnt4g3zxm31qz4rgp
joined Jul 23, 2017

The moment the camerawoman came up I went "Kera? Fruits? Larme??" It looks like Kera. (If anyone is interested in Japanese street fashions, Kera and Fruits have street snaps, and Gothic Lolita Bible and Larme exists for specific styles)

The mahimahi duo is the cutest.

Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

He actually drew them a little different. Mahiro looks slightly taller and thinner than Mahiru, while Mahiru's eyes are slanted downwards. /chpt87-page55

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Those two are always the funniest. XD

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Some stuff popped up in my Twitter feed with dates but since I don't read Japanese, I don't know if Google Translate is doing a good job.

https://twitter.com/kishitorajiro/status/896329624396812290/

http://yurinavi.com/2017/08/12/otomenote-koku/

Volume 13 may be the last one depending on sales? Am I understanding that correctly?

joined Mar 15, 2017

Volume 13 may be the last one depending on sales? Am I understanding that correctly?

Yes. The editor has told Kishi to take into account the possibility having to end at volume 13. It's not decided yet and sales of 12 (out soon) will influence it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well, it's better than keep making couples and slowing down their development trying to go on with a classroom full of lesbians cough*kissandwhitelily*cough... I'm just happy that most of them are very established already and I hope we can see them all happy at the end.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Welp, guess my next order from Amazon.co.jp is August 18, 2017.

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

I really hope it doesn't end at vol. 13, since as of ch 158 (released a few days ago), many of the storylines/couples are still quite far from a conclusion, so they would either have to be insanely rushed, or left unfinished. :/

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Some stuff popped up in my Twitter feed with dates but since I don't read Japanese, I don't know if Google Translate is doing a good job.

https://twitter.com/kishitorajiro/status/896329624396812290/

http://yurinavi.com/2017/08/12/otomenote-koku/

Whether or not it does get axed depends mostly on the sales of the physical copies in the following months.
The sales are currently not that good and bookstores don't want to give shelf space to books that don't sell well.
Bookstores don't get many copies of Virgins Empire volumes in the first place, so Kishi is asking for people request for them if they are already sold out and you want to buy them.
He says that it'd be difficult to bring each character's storyline to a satisfying closure if the series is ended abruptly, but the axing is not set in stone yet and he believes in the possibility of continuing the series.
The next chapter will be released on Tuesday night next week as usual and vol 12 will be out on the 18th of this month.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I really hope it doesn't end at vol. 13, since as of ch 158 (released a few days ago), many of the storylines/couples are still quite far from a conclusion, so they would either have to be insanely rushed, or left unfinished. :/

At least Ai and Chei got to the end game.

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

Oh, I can feel the tempo changing, I'm actually all for this here. More yuri is more fun.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Oooo she's going to the Lily sidee~ noo need to lie, it was a chance to make her jelly~

last edited at Aug 24, 2017 11:59AM

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

Oooo she's going to the Lily sidee~ noo need to lie, it was a chance to mske her jelly~

"Going to the Lily Side" is my new fave sentence and I will most definitely find a way to work it into my writing.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

That was nice but honestly, I don't remember that girl with the camera... Or the other one, now I'm confused

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

Yeah, Airi and Michuru did vanish for a good while. Probably because the mangaka realised how boring they were compared to the other pairs.

Uohh
joined Mar 19, 2014

I read that last line in Schwarzenegger's voice.

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

And that's how Michiru realized she was into NTR!

joined Feb 15, 2013

Netorare and cheating tag?

Yeah, Ayano was undressing another girl behind your back, Miyoshi!!

joined Feb 23, 2016

Oooo she's going to the Lily sidee~ noo need to lie, it was a chance to mske her jelly~

"Going to the Lily Side" is my new fave sentence and I will most definitely find a way to work it into my writing.

Ooo how nicee~ that would be so awesome (≧∇≦)glad you like that sentence xD
Show me once you have written a story ~

last edited at Aug 24, 2017 12:01PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I got the impression Shueisha was making it difficult to translate/license Virgin's Empire in English (which is bizarre, as it's licensed in German).

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Ahhhhh ahhh Ayano

I ship her and Miyoshi so hard. Or at least I just want her to confess to Miyoshi already. This chapter was so good

To reply you must either login or sign up.