i have NO idea whats goin on

This. I'm like wut?

Does this mean we won't get anymore Bright and Cherry Amnesia? D:

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

i have NO idea whats goin on

This. I'm like wut?

Does this mean we won't get anymore Bright and Cherry Amnesia? D:

Croxx picked it up because the other translators were taking too much time.

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

Ugh, boring yuri baiting.

Insignificant
6bf226425af0
joined Dec 5, 2016

The distant future and yet...

"To even date girls... That's gotta be a joke"

Meh.

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

its been a long time since ive read something this jumbled.

i think i need to sleep now, let my brain regain its thinkers and thunkers.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

So, uh, the plot revolves around a game that rates people and has you collect them like objects, using their feelings as stepping stones for getting further in the game. And it's got the added bonus of there being an alien race that sociopathically does this by treating our planet the same way the alien in Predator treats it, and seems to attach a monetary value or something to it. Since this is Tamamusi I'm going for the benefit of the doubt, but so far this has the framework of a cringe filled seasonal harem anime.

Hope I'm wrong. I really really hope I'm wrong. Tamamusi don't make my faith collapse.

Yeah this is a really uncomfortable premise for me especially since the protagonist is apparently just going to go along with it.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Tamamusi's first serialized manga and... I don't know how I feel about this. I have to wait for more chapters. At least it's a short series.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The lack of exposition makes this super confusing.

last edited at Jul 30, 2017 6:59AM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Maybe he wanted one of his works to have anime adaptation, 4-koma with all yurish girls are top anime these times.

joined May 27, 2017

things that I don't understand from this first chapter

1. why aliens come to earth
  2. why they looks like a human
  3. wtf is that application

I really hope Nozomi will win Kakoi's heart in the next chapter...
human should not be defeated by alien !

F6027a7c125b156932db27aa264cfb2a
joined Jul 3, 2015

i have no idea what this chapter was about apart from groping

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Hummm well, I at least enjoy this. I want to see where this going.
I mean, of what I understand, some aliens go from planet to planet, searching R's girls. We don't know, yet, how this ranks works, but we know that they exist and that if you cleared them you can obtain money and "the "Heart of the Girl"".
Plus of that, we see that, even with the program, your attack can make 0 damage. That remembers me how Lily Rank works in HDN saga, because 0 it's like "I hate you" but if you increase it it's like "fall in love" (and it's what the alien want to do) and that if you haven points you need to buy them (and that will be released in the second chapter).
We couldn't see so much of the story (it's only the first chapter and half of it was the introduction) but we could see how Nozomi sended a message at Kakoi and that something happened between them, because Kakoi didn't answer. In fact, when Kakoi said "It's not possible for me to even fall in love with anyone at this moment" she tried to look at Nozomi, but she refused. What's more, Nozomi said "I want' us to be the same... As before..."
I mean, you could not like the theme of the story or think it's a little rushed, but I don't see that this chapter was that crazy to put the What the fuck I am reading? tag *thinking emonji*
For me it's just a story about aliens trying to gain something from other planets, with some "cute girls doing cute things", two, friends?, with problems (I bet that it's because Nozomi is in love with Kokoi and she turned her down), humor and I can get the vibe of they'll have problems because they are all girls. I can see this more like a love triangle than a harem but hey, it's just the first chapter. I want to read more of this (Tamamusi never disappoint!)

last edited at Jul 30, 2017 11:12AM

joined Nov 15, 2016

This was crazy, but maybe it settles down and avoids the cringe as the concept has potential to at least be something different.

I'll give it a few chapters, Tamamusi hasn't gone wrong before.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Kind of amazing how Tamamusi's art suffers when it's polished up to this degree. Her usual. rougher style is tremendously appealing, but with the inks and tones and so on in place, this ends up looking more or less like any number of other standard, semi-ecchi, oddball comedies.

So with the most appealing parts of her art gone, and the fun, generally down-to-earth (to say nothing of adult life) aspects of her stories gone, it's sad to see how generic this ends up, even with the wild premise.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I'm glad I'm not an idiot and everybody else is just as confused as I am.

Well, I'll see where it goes. I've definitely read more confusing.

joined Jun 26, 2013

It doesn't make sense because it's just the first chapter. The game is explained later on, so if you would just have an ounce of patience, maybe you'd actually not sound as asshole as you do now.

If you had made that comment, say, 5-7 chapters in with people still questioning the story, then it would have been fine. But by criticizing people in the first chapter, you make yourself look just as impatient as those questioning the work.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I hate stories that start with them jumping right into it not explaining anything... but the art is still enough to grab me. Let's see where it goes.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Ehhh . . . people have been saying it's weird. It's not weird, it's just stupid crappy shounen style. It seems strange if you're not used to how unnatural and stylized their premises often are.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Meh.

I'm not sure that it is the Distant Future, I think it might be around the current decade with Aliens secretly visiting Earth

joined Aug 10, 2016

Meh.

I'm not sure that it is the Distant Future, I think it might be around the current decade with Aliens secretly visiting Earth

IN THE NOT TOO DISTANT FUTURE, NEXT SUNDAY AD

joined Jun 3, 2017

And here I was waiting for amnesia series

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Tamasumi is doing a new one. Instant fave

B91c8e71-7626-4e23-84f0-d33e3d736c84
joined May 2, 2017

i really like this style, cant wait to see more

joined Dec 28, 2016

It's impressive how much sense this didn't make.

Made perfect sense to me. It's like a combo of a waifu collecting game card game (Idolm@ster/kankolle/etc), Pokemon Go and a dating sim but set in reality. The screen presents you with options to score love points (see the meter on the screen) to raise your affection points. Presumably after you "win" the card/girl you get some power that we've yet to see yet. The fuzz-ball automatically installed an app on her phone for using it.

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

It doesn't make sense because it's just the first chapter. The game is explained later on, so if you would just have an ounce of patience, maybe you'd actually not sound as asshole as you do now.

If you had made that comment, say, 5-7 chapters in with people still questioning the story, then it would have been fine. But by criticizing people in the first chapter, you make yourself look just as impatient as those questioning the work.

Wouldn't it be weirder to tell people to be patient that "the story will explain itself" when its already this far down the line? 5-7 chapters would be ample time for the author to flesh out the characters and give proper exposition by then

To reply you must either login or sign up.