Forum › Nanashi no Asterism discussion

joined Jun 12, 2015

Me: So what was the point of this story?
Author: It's a secret!

Kawaii-anime-25355452-560-420
joined Feb 24, 2015

Waste of time...

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Is this really the end? Nothing really changed and nothing really happened, nothing was resolved either :(

So you say it has YAma nashi, Ochi nashi, Imi nashi?

This must be what they had in mind when they coined "YAOI"

Ab03237b-ac0d-4030-8288-8032dc7528e5
joined May 12, 2015

I thought this manga would be good when the characters all developed, I'm like "here it comes I was waiting for this a long time, now start the actual drama and romance all together!!", but then 'the end'.
Me : (・_・)
Manga :
Me : (・_・)
Manga :
Me : ARDGSHWVEUXBSSNJK THAT'S IT ????!!!!!!

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Unpopular opinion, but I actually
Really really loved it. Yes, I found the ending dissapointing, yes I felt like the resolution for Tsukasa should have been stronger and yes I'm well aware of all the rushed material and flaws. But in the end, it's the kind of love that transcends the flaws of the manga itself well because, it's simply very unique. Towards the end the quality dropped but I can't completely blame the artist since the series got canceled. Putting that aside, we had an extremely well-written manga about unrequited love, finding one's own identitiy, overcoming insecurities and the troubles of teenage friendships- all told very befittingly from the perspective of realistic middle schoolers. An added bonus are the male characters who aren't actual dicks and are not used as the "homophobic straight male" trope or as the antagonists, but as actual proper characters who made the story flourish. I for one, was more bothered by how the author decided to retcon Asakura's growing feelings towards Subaru to play it out as a gag where Subaru is now "crossdresser with a sister complex". It's a rare thing for me to care about bl more than gl but Kobayashi-sensei managed to pull it off. Hats off to you, my time reading this was well spent.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

GL, BL, Het, etc. It's all just love in the end.

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

Me: So what was the point of this story?
Author: It's a secret!

Lol, totally true. ^^
The thing is that the author didn't have the guts to make his character take a decision.
Why would he made all this build up to only get back at the state of the beginning ? That does not make any sense.

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

Unpopular opinion, but I actually

Personally I don't care about my opinion being unpopular.

I don't think there would have been an "easy" way out for the author. Form a pair between two of them? Readers would be unhappy because someone got left out. Introduce a new partner for the one left out? Readers would be unhappy because of "bad" storytelling. Polyamory? Again: "Bad" storytelling. One of them turning het again? The crowd would take pitchforks and torches...

Personally I would have preferred a polyamory end, but for me this kind of open end really works out fine. I think I was really upset about the crap Higashiyama Shou pulled with "Stretch" but this seems fine to me.

last edited at May 27, 2017 6:37PM

joined Nov 30, 2015

I liked this manga a lot but honestly the ending was kinda disappointing to me.

Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

Went back to see the end, aaaannnddd totally saw an ending like this coming. Glad I didn't waste my time reading the other chapters...

Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

So~ in the end...
- Kotooka x Washio [GL]
- Subaru x Asakura [BL]
- Tsukasa x ????(Man) [Het]
Well, this ending is not what i want but if Tsukasa is HAPPY (with that man TT) it's OK for me.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

KanadeChan posted:

So~ in the end...
- Kotooka x Washio [GL]
- Subaru x Asakura [BL]
Well, this ending is not what i want but if Tsukasa is HAPPY (with that man TT) it's OK for me.

No woman can be happy with a man.

That's what yuri taught me.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

KanadeChan posted:

So~ in the end...
- Kotooka x Washio [GL]
- Subaru x Asakura [BL]

It's truth cuz the yuri gods can't lie to us.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Gudetamago posted:

KanadeChan posted:

So~ in the end...
- Kotooka x Washio [GL]
- Subaru x Asakura [BL]

Men are just a phase until the right woman shows up.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

Gudetamago posted:

KanadeChan posted:

So~ in the end...
- Kotooka x Washio [GL]
- Subaru x Asakura [BL]

11/10

Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

Serenata posted:

Gudetamago posted:

KanadeChan posted:

So~ in the end...
- Kotooka x Washio [GL]
- Subaru x Asakura [BL]

11/10

I also want that "????" was a girl. TT

joined Sep 23, 2016

So~ in the end...
- Kotooka x Washio [GL]
- Subaru x Asakura [BL]

... did we read the same ending? Nothing was concluded.
Literally anything other than the status quo would've been better. Even if they all fell apart sad and broken it would've made for a better ending.

Other than that: Great Manga. I really enjoyed it :)

joined Aug 28, 2016

So~ in the end...
- Kotooka x Washio [GL]
- Subaru x Asakura [BL]

Literally anything other than the status quo would've been better. Even if they all fell apart sad and broken it would've made for a better ending.

There are various hints as to how things are going to turn out, but the most definitive one is the star symbolism. Kotooka, Washio, and Tsukasa are named after the Japanese names of the stars of the Summer Triangle: Vega, Altair, and Deneb. In Japanese myth, Vega and Altair are two separated lovers who are brought together by a bridge of magpies represented by Deneb. So Tsukasa's role in the story is to be the "bridge" that brings Kotooka and Washio together, and a Kotooka/Washio ending is what was planned all along (although it probably would have been more fleshed out if not for the cancellation).

Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

So~ in the end...
- Kotooka x Washio [GL]
- Subaru x Asakura [BL]

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nanashi_no_asterism_ch19#3
You have to read this page.

15977967_1410090455670531_9190676093525531358_n
joined May 31, 2017

So in the end kotooka end up with washio according to her mother said in the last chapter about greentea creampuff(washio favourite) and Tsukasa x some man wow I dont know what to say

DynastyMaker
Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

The problem with manga like these, is it could get sidetracked, stuck with the ambiguous relationship, and pull an ending out of the author ass when it faces cancellation.

I'm looking at you, Stretch.

Like Tsukasa character, but considering the development so far. Expect angst followed by filler, followed by angst

This story could have skipped to the future
There would be no question about how everyone ended up

The author wanted to do too much
But even with so many pages, the most significant development came from the last volume

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I liked it, but then I'm a sucker for character-driven stories that don't have neat or tidy resolutions. It went interesting places, and aside from the odd throwaway bit about Tsukasa's nonspecific male romantic interest ended in an interesting way. I'd have loved to have seen them have to separate after graduation as their different life goals push them in different directions aside from the tension produced by their own insecurity, over trying to establish a sense of self over a desire to be an unbroken trio of friends. If anything I thought the resolution we did get was too perfunctory, which is why it seems like nothing got solved, paradoxically.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Ahhh this resolution was a slightly bitter pill to swallow. I kind of expected this wishy-washy type resolution where you can see how things will pan out in the future but not actually have the satisfaction of seeing it itself. It's a secret!! Hahahaha! Nothing gets resolved until later not that you'll see that, hee hee!

What I would have liked to see would be a time skip, as really that would be the only way to tie everything up with a look into the future. Maybe see Tsukasa date a girl then realise its not for her, see Kootaka and whats her name actually get together and be happy (they wouldve had such a interesting relationship build up IM SURE) and see our yaoi couple watching japanese power rangers, whatever

But nooooooo

Oh well. At least it didnt go into WE'RE ALL GOOD GAL PALS HAHA cause that wouldve been infuriating cough stretch cough

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Looks like sevens seas has licensed this shit >.>

last edited at Jul 3, 2017 6:32PM

36065563-min
joined Jul 11, 2017

I really loved reading this series... it really was a great love triangle work. The plot was great, the characters were amusing, and the art was refreshing. One of my rereads.

To reply you must either login or sign up.