Forum › Someday, We’ll Get There discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez Note

I have no idea what prompted you all to start a discussion of American politics here, but it's vastly off-topic in a discussion about a manga concerning cute girls playing fighting games.

Take it to a politics forum. There's seriously no shortage of those.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Do they even have Nationals for e-sports in Japan? Because these girls have to get to Nationals together, that's a staple.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Prefecture first. Then Nationals. Then the Olympics.

That's the usual process.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Only if they do a training camp at a local hotel with an open-air bath.

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

Is it me or the game they are playing looks like Tekken 7. The art is way too cutsie, they look like they are 5 yr olds. I hate artstyle like that.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Yuri and Fighting games . . . whu? Are two of my passions mixing together or am I just sleeping and having a really nice dream?
edit. Don't think what I removed was particularly political but will remove it anyway in light of mods warning

last edited at Jul 6, 2017 1:57PM

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

As someone who actually plays fighting games competively, although not professionally, I can say that this manga actually does have quite a bit of actual jargen, but it doesn't really seem to use them correctly. They're using them not the right format, however... 18 frames to block an attack is nothing, it's really not as impressive as its hyped up to be. ( ̄∀ ̄)

As for the yuri, I'm interested seeing where it goes, it's obviously too soon to judge right now.

joined Apr 27, 2015

Do they even have Nationals for e-sports in Japan? Because these girls have to get to Nationals together, that's a staple.

There's usually just random tournaments. Arc system works does a yearly thing for their games but they only do best of 1 match instead of 3.

Though there's evo japan next year so maybe that counts

joined Apr 27, 2015

18 frames to block an attack is nothing, it's really not as impressive as its hyped up to be. ( ̄∀ ̄)

Man lookit this guy, able to block greed sever

But 18 frames is really strong. It's about on the line of what's consistently possible for a really good player is able to do solely on reaction

last edited at Jul 6, 2017 2:37PM

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Yes, in each of these 8 chatpers they give a full tutorial about frame, dash, blocking, canceling, any little thing about fighting game. This is just bad storytelling.
Think about it. Imagine Saki, or any sport anime, for that matter, where they spend hundreds and hundreds of pages explaining the technical part of that sport. Its rules, its strategies. There's a reason no one does that. Sport manga should be fun, not educational. We don't want to learn about the sport while reading it, we want it to be emotional. But here we have pretty much a fighting game manual, instead of an actual manga.

Well, you'll probably see it once more chapters are translated. And you'll see why it's hard to put any yuri inside of a story that's not even trying to work with their characters to begin with.

so basically an esports version of stretch lol

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

18 frames to block an attack is nothing, it's really not as impressive as its hyped up to be. ( ̄∀ ̄)

Man lookit this guy, able to block greed sever

But 18 frames is pretty strong. It's about on the line of what's consistently possible for a really good player is able to do solely on reaction

Well, for the legends and pros, 1 frame reaction time has kind of become a necessity.

Until street fighter 5 ruined it with that 5 frame input window. (・_・

Also, for people who are mad that there's no yuri in the first couple chapters, and that means there's no yuri at all... Does that mean Madoka isn't yuri to you? Come on, until the story is finished, we can't really say for sure. Let's just be hopeful.

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

Nez Note

I have no idea what prompted you all to start a discussion of American politics here, but it's vastly off-topic in a discussion about a manga concerning cute girls playing fighting games.

Nez chan was the hero we deserved.

joined Oct 24, 2015

Well, Mentoring beginners is essential for helping the industry develop!

Already she has my respect for not having an elitist attitude.

This was cute, definitely following this.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Fighting games x yuri ? As a goner for both, I'm utterly happy !

joined Apr 23, 2015

I love figting games. Played them on and off my whole life. Only tried to actualay get good at them a year ago. I wanted to look good for Karin since they finally brought her back to street fighter. There is still some jargon and such I don't quite get myself.

I actually had an idea for a story like this!

The role of the parents is interesting. Wonder how much say lead actually has in the matter.

Last line of the story wad pretty funny.

All fighting game Yuri that features tekken parodies probably should reference the two in my profile picture. That's right. Kitties lili and Asuka.

last edited at Jul 6, 2017 9:51PM

joined Apr 23, 2015

Is it me or the game they are playing looks like Tekken 7. The art is way too cutsie, they look like they are 5 yr olds. I hate artstyle like that.

Yeah. I consider the overly cutsie art thing pretty damn annoying but I can usually put up with it for a good story. Or just two really fun characters in the case of Lucky Star.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It's like a harmless version of Teppuu. Where the girls cooperate and are gay for each other instead of developing a blood-thirsty rivalry while looking down on each other, play a cute beat 'em up instead of actually beating each other up, and the heroine has fun with her amazing talent instead of becoming a twisted cynic due to how easily she gets to be good at everything.

joined Oct 10, 2016

She's a highschooler? She looks like she is in 1st-3rd grade.
EDIT: Isn't there gaming tag?

EDIT #2: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/someday_well_get_there_ch03#8
That cucumbers are quite thin. I know it, cause I live in Poland, where cucumbers are either small and thin, or thick and long. no NSFW to read in this comment, just a notify

last edited at Jul 13, 2017 4:46PM

Blackness
joined Jul 7, 2017

Hehe! That title really a good one!

Ava%20baby
joined May 5, 2013

Glad to see some people has the same opinion as me.
Tutorial chapters don't bother me, but I really want a decent story, not a veni, vedi, vici story.
Not expecting yuri, or as much as new game and others manga like it.

@themusicman I'm not into basket so I didn't read it neither can know if it understood this sport. I agree for the part that Minoru might have grasp the mechanics, but when you play a game for the first time, at least, make it looks like it was luck. They could still say that "maybe it wasn't luck last time and she's just good at it", but when you put it the way it was, it reminds me of all these wonderkids you see every year in football with 3/4 of them only being decent players of first league. I know it's a story, but sometimes it'd be nice to not have some genius as a protag but a more normal player. There's some manga putting it that way, but they are way too rare.

joined Jul 8, 2017

Tekken with cats and potential yuri. Sign me up.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Hahahahahahahahaha

"We are moving to the USA! I want to go to VEGAS!"
"oh no idk if i want to, oh wow that girl is beautiful"
"I WANNA BE A PRO-GAMER STAY WITH ME 4EVA AND PLAY GAMES WITH ME! YOULL BE 2ND BEST IN THE WORLD!!!"

like the whole premise is hilarious, I struggle to take it seriously. Especially when MC is so doe-eyed. If this was RL her parents would be like wtf no we're moving now, but seeing as this is manga life, maybe they'll let her stay in Japan with this stranger girl that she met yesterday so she can follow her new found DREAM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Nez Note

but not the one we need

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez Note

but not the one we need

The hero we need in these dark times.

Edb[1]
joined Jan 11, 2017

Nez Note

but not the one we need

The hero we need in these dark times.

Sir you just made my day :D

To reply you must either login or sign up.