Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Kept thinking they were going to throw in that good old "Well. She's not happily married anyway so wreck-that-home!" with the male is an un-redeemable sod combo but i guess this author wants to be more challenging than that.

The friend is awesome. I guess it wouldn't be original if lead ended up with her, nor do I think that's where it's going, but I wouldn't complain too much if that happened.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

this is the first time a manga make me feel so ......sad like you got all this husband/boyfriend is jerk so yuri better option but in this one is like well.......shit happen some times and you gotta acept it man why is this gotta be so god i regreat reading it cuz now im sad and i wanna see what happen to uta but at the same time i know it s gonna be painfull

Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

A child's feelings on the matter do not give them some extra-judicial right to consent to sex. They're still a child regardless of backwards places deciding that it's perfectly fine to allow adults to take advantage of children.

My point was, I really doubt teacher was taking advantage of her and she was most likely the one to initiate things. Still further clarification from manga needed.

The parts of the brain that are relevant to decision making don't reach actual maturity until around age 25, so 16 is not borderline adulthood and thus open for whatever adult feels like creeping on children. I don't know what nostalgia or image you have of sixteen year olds, but they do not have the world figured out and are thus capable of engaging in complex and potentially abusive relationships with adults.

In my country you are a legal adult and can do w/e you want when you are 18 so yes, 16 for me is borderline a adult. Also again, I said I'm assuming it was mutual and there was no "whatever adults feels like creeping on children".

I'm not ok with putting all the blame on teacher, when she clearly wanted to fuck teacher. If we will learn later the situation was more dubious then I'll take my words back, but for now I don't see a good reason to remove all responsibility from her actions.

you're either underage, extremely out of touch with anybody under the age of 21, or a creep. it doesn't matter what the student did, the teacher agreed to have sex with her and that is a crime because 16 year olds are not mature enough to enter sexual/romantic relationships with older people. i'm a senior in high school and when i interact with sophomores at my school i notice that the maturity gap between us is huge. they're only 2 years younger than me but teenagers grow a hell of a lot in those two years. i guarantee you, you put a 16 year old and a 20 year old in the same room and the 16 year old is basically a child compared to the 20 year old. that's why it's statutory rape. there is no "responsibility for her actions" she was taken advantage of by someone with LEAGUES more maturity and experience than her. even if she was seducing the teacher, the teacher is an adult who should have the moral standing to know that this is a child and she should not agree to have sex with her.

so she was involved with a teacher and the STUDENT gets a year suspension? like in what universe is statutory rape something punish the victim for, especially with an entire year suspension. i'm sure the teacher got off worse but why would you even bother punishing the student?

Nowhere in that section does she say she was suspended, or that the teacher wasn't punished. She just says that she spent time out of school, which makes sense. If it gets out that a teacher and a student are sleeping together, it's likely that all kinds of factors would point towards the student taking time off and perhaps switching schools, for her own benefit, regardless of any punishment the teacher receives. Going back to school where something like that is widely known would be very unpleasant for her and even her family, especially in a society as scandal-averse as Japan.

the page said "took a year suspension from school." it was pointed out that the japanese word connotes a voluntary leave from school so then it made more sense to me, but "suspension", at least how i've always heard it used, means a punishment.

last edited at May 29, 2017 4:56PM

Nws
joined Jul 1, 2014

The hell's going on with the husband? No one acts like that, not even the most dense beta anime MCs. I'm guessing that it's going to be revealed he doesn't actually love her or something like that.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The hell's going on with the husband? No one acts like that, not even the most dense beta anime MCs. I'm guessing that it's going to be revealed he doesn't actually love her or something like that.

He's secretly this dude.

He's got everyone fooled!

Nws
joined Jul 1, 2014

He's secretly this dude.

He got me good. "I can't hug my wife infront of my sister!" made me cringe my face off like WHAT??

joined Apr 27, 2017

He's secretly this dude.

That would make a lot of sense.. except one of the principles of "this dude" is not to get involved, so he probably wouldn't marry a girl..

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

He's secretly this dude.

That would make a lot of sense.. except one of the principles of "this dude" is not to get involved, so he probably wouldn't marry a girl..

Ah, but that's the tragedy. He was absolutely sure the girl was straight before he realized his fatal error.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

you're either underage, extremely out of touch with anybody under the age of 21, or a creep. it doesn't matter what the student did, the teacher agreed to have sex with her and that is a crime because 16 year olds are not mature enough to enter sexual/romantic relationships with older people. i'm a senior in high school and when i interact with sophomores at my school i notice that the maturity gap between us is huge. they're only 2 years younger than me but teenagers grow a hell of a lot in those two years. i guarantee you, you put a 16 year old and a 20 year old in the same room and the 16 year old is basically a child compared to the 20 year old. that's why it's statutory rape. there is no "responsibility for her actions" she was taken advantage of by someone with LEAGUES more maturity and experience than her. even if she was seducing the teacher, the teacher is an adult who should have the moral standing to know that this is a child and she should not agree to have sex with her.

Except the national age of consent in Japan is 13, and while this varies on a prefectural level like it does it in the states (which is between 16 and 18 depending on where you are), there is the cultural difference between the west and Japan which is something you have to take into account.

Now onto more interesting subjects:

I really like the Husband, he's kind of cool

last edited at May 30, 2017 2:38AM

joined Apr 7, 2017

More!!!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Except the national age of consent in Japan is 13, and while this varies on a prefectural level like it does it in the states (which is between 16 and 18 depending on where you are), there is the cultural difference between the west and Japan which is something you have to take into account.

Technically true, the Penal Code says the age of consent is 13. However, the Children Welfare Act forbids sex with anyone under 18, and the prefectural rules generally tend toward 17 or 18. So in practice, 13 isn't gonna happen.

200069l%20(1)%20(1)
joined Dec 25, 2015

That husband. I have a feeling he knows.

Furukawa Kagome
Img-thing
joined Jul 6, 2015

He knows all!!!!! What will happen next????? I'm so excited now!!!!!

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

The brother seems to be a good guy. Unless he's a total siscon, otherwise it does take lots of kindness and thoughtfulness to basically adopt a child into his newly wed family. Not to mention that lifted her out of depression, possibly pay for her expense too. And he let his wife having the career freedom while going all out to be the family breadwinner. Much respected

Maybe he does aware of Uta's affection, but thinking that Uta will grow out of it? Maybe he want Uta to fully face it, as clearly his wife is straight.

Either way, I'm shipping Uta with the friend anyway. Blond hair, blue cat eyes with twin tail. That is like all of my preference rolls into one. Possibly halftie, three quarter or full foreigner (actual name is Chloe isn't it?). Possibly dual citizenship. Possibly with a country that has legal gay marriage... Come on, your soul mate has always been by your side, Uta...

And her dad own shopping malls? That is marrying into the money right there.

last edited at Jun 3, 2017 2:07PM

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Cultural relativism my ass. I taught students a bit older than this when I was 26 and the idea of dating them was appalling. As was pointed out, their grasp on the world and their place in it was tenuous at best and, while not nearly as pronounced as middle and high school teachers, the power dynamic was all too clear. And not just institutional. Your understanding of the world means you have to be the mature adult. A kid sleeping with everything with a pulse is someone who needs help.

That being said, in the fantasy land of yuri, this is gonna be a great time.

And in large chunks of America, it's legal to marry at any age. The BBC just did a horrifying special on it.

What's more interesting here is the question of why kaoru thinks she was responsible for the divorce? And, which one of her friends is the teacher?

last edited at Jun 4, 2017 2:07AM

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Her friends were going in on the husband. lol

Img_0840
joined Jun 2, 2015

My prediction is this…

1- he knows exactly how uta feels toward kaoru.
2- kaoru is pregnant.
3- he cheated on kaoru.
4- he's in love with his sis.

But still my mind is going crazy

_20181030_021259
joined Apr 21, 2017

That bro is actually pretty nice. I think someone said earlier, having a dependent is really hard work. Even if it's a high schooler, I think he really cares about his sister and wife.

Sumi-chan
joined Jan 30, 2015

Not trying to be a jerk or anything but I'm having some issues with the translation. The dialogue doesn't flow and sometimes they just don't make sense? And there are jarring grammar issues too.....and this isn't the first series with this problem that they've covered. Citrus has the same issue. It's nice that people are translating work (I appreciate it, really) from beloved artists like tMnR, but quality has been an issue with this group >_<. And in the end, we all want quality over speed right? And for the artist's feelings to come through accurately? I hope I don't come off as being a jerk..I just wanted to point that out, that's all.

joined Dec 3, 2014

The dialogue doesn't flow and sometimes they just don't make sense? And there are jarring grammar issues too....
If you have issues with the translation I think it's better to give feedback directly to the group and see if they can make any amendments.

On an unrelated note, in a recent interview both Nakatani and the Dengeki editor answered that their current favourite yuri is TodoIto. Well, ain't that something. I think we will see YuriHime pushing TodoIto real soon.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I like this kind of fairly subdued sort of drama where the Angst isn't realy the fault of anyone but simply because well feelings are complicated there's no villain here and honestly there's probably no perfect solution but neither is anyone realy to blame.
Not sure what exactly I'm trying to say but yeah enjoying this and curious to see how this ends

Pretty much my thoughts. I can't really see any happy ending here, no matter what route the story takes… And it wouldn't be anyone's fault. =[ Still, the drama is subdued enough that I don't find it annoying.

Now regarding Konatsu, I won't debate issues of consent and stuff, but it at least seems like that little "adventure" seriously fucked up her conception of love and sex. Her sleeping around is treated rather comically, but it doesn't sound healthy at all, especially for a high-school girl…

But back on Uta… did she really kiss Kaoru on that couch? It's not really clear… At any rate I don't ship her with Chloé. I rather see them as the "Yuzu and Harumin" of this series. And that's the first and last Citrus comparison I'll make.

PS: Also, yeah, some proofreading is badly needed. :x "It's just an aquantience"…

last edited at Jun 29, 2017 4:43PM

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Oh man I read this one super quickly because it was so good and delightful and now I've finished all the translated chapters and I feel really sad

JustAYuriFangirl
Morikubo-nono-full-1788867
joined Feb 13, 2016

Kuro-chan is my wife omfg I love her. I'm really liking the way things are going so far, I'm excited to see what happens next

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Chapter 7 is out.

And damn, we get a new ship. Miyabi is clearly pining for Kuro and a bit jealous of Uta's closeness with her.

And what's going on with Kaoru? Sick? Pregnant?

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

I want Kuro and Uta to get together so bad.
I yearn for it. I hope that's where this story ends up.

To reply you must either login or sign up.