Forum › Posts by HadleysHope

Sumi-chan
joined Jan 30, 2015

Hi, translator here! Thanks for considering to buy the books! Yes, Takane no Hana Chapter 3 is in Meets 7. Unfortunately, this is the latest chapter. There's another Miura Kozumi work in Meets, but it's very different from this one.

Thank you very much for the confirmation and for picking up this gem! I never buy tanks just for one short that I like...but this one was really good. Useless older gay and a sincere kouhai...*thumbs up*. Kozumi's comedic timing really hits the spot too, and their expressions are A+. Like hella effing accurate considering context lol. Anyway, I'm bummed that this is the end(?) for them for now. I would've loved for it to keep going. But I'll definitely be checking out her other works as well.

Thank you again!

Sumi-chan
joined Jan 30, 2015

I'm interested in picking up ガレットmeets 2 and 3.5 since it's published there. May I ask what volume this chapter is published in? Someone said 7 but I just want to make sure before I put in my order, thank you! Also, are there more chapters? I wonder if it's on-going or it ended somewhere...

HadleysHope
Sumi-chan
joined Jan 30, 2015

That description reminds me of an AoixRan doujin, maybe that can clue in someone ese?

Thanks for helping me narrow it down! By any chance would you know the artist's name or the name of the doujin?

HadleysHope
Sumi-chan
joined Jan 30, 2015

That description reminds me of an AoixRan doujin, maybe that can clue in someone ese?

If it was, might have been removed when Lazy Lily's stuff was taken down.

If it is then it'd make sense..since I wasn't able to find it at all. By any chance do you guys know the artist or name of the doujin? If it was taken down then I'd be willing to purchase it at a used bookstore or something..or hope someone uploaded the raws somewhere. Thank you for the help btw!

[EDIT]

I figured it out!!! It indeed does feature Aoi and Ran, and the doujin is called "Tomorrow's Schedule" by 晴太. Thank you Qwertre09 and drpepperfan for helping!! I can finally sleep.

last edited at Mar 30, 2018 10:56PM

HadleysHope
Sumi-chan
joined Jan 30, 2015

So I've been scouring dynasty for the past three days looking for this one story. I can't remember which group did the translation or what series it's based on. But I do know that it's R18 yuri for sure and the girl was laying in bed and had her face buried in the pillow (post sex, embarrassed or something) while her partner was talking to her. And her partner proceeded to touch her back then her butt and I think she gave her butt a nibble or something (wanted a round 2?). And there were a few panels with a very deep and passionate kiss (very helpful, I know, I'm sorry!!) Anyway, the other thing I remember is that while they were doing it they were also casually talking about going on dates? What they wanted to shop for later (one of them wanted to buy a ring I think??) My brain keeps hinting it might be from precure or some kind of magical girl series or something but I'm not too sure. I read it maybe 2-3 years ago and it's driving me crazy because I can't find / figure out what it is. I'm hoping this description might sound familiar to other fellow readers!

I literally spent like 5 hours for three days, looking through all of the stuff from the "NSFW", "lots of sex", and "moderates amount of sex" tag cause I had nothing else to go on, and boy do my eyes hurt.

HadleysHope
Sumi-chan
joined Jan 30, 2015

I'm not trying to be mean or anything but I've wanted to say this for a long long time...Chaosteam really needs to work on their TL and QC, whether it's their Japanese that's the issue or their English...or both. Especially their grammar. It has been /below/ subpar since they started covering the series. and all the other series they TL for. I'll give them credit though, they have improved slightly since they started. Slightly. The issues with their TL, QC (or lack thereof), and grammar is so jarring because the dialogue starts to not make any sense, not make sense for the character, for the context of the situation, character dialogue doesn't flow, author's feelings aren't accurately translated, etc, etc

Again, I'm not trying to be "ungrateful". I just believe in quality over speed and most importantly accurate translations and decent grammar. I'm not asking for perfection, I'm not perfect either. But when you see such simple grammar mistakes occur, it just drives me crazy. It's been like this since Chaosteam picked up the series..

we're sorry you feel this way,we are doing the best we can and we are doing it for free,we said before we are not professionals,
you can always read the seven seas translations though. we are just doing it cause we want to read it as well.
other than that we are just humble fans

also there's always the option of another better group taking over citrus to post on dynasty and we can keep doing our thing for citrus over facebook like before. just a thought. I mean if you think you can do better be my guest.

"if you think you can do better be my guest" "we're doing it for free" No need for that, cause like I said before, I'm not trying to be ungrateful and I'm not looking for perfection. My point is that if you have a QC then simple grammar mistakes shouldn't be there. We know you aren't professionals, no group here is. With that said, there are groups that have done excellent work because of the quality of their TL and QC (ex. GiB). I'm sorry if you feel offended but I'm just speaking the truth. I just hope you guys double check and even triple check before you post. If I were part of a group I would want the best of our work to be put out. That's just my two cents.

Sorry but like I said we do our best. You can keep your two cents to buy the seven seas translation ;) cheers

I in fact already do buy the volumes because I want to support the publisher and Saburouta. I just wanted to give constructive criticism with your JP>EN TL. But your language tells me you're clearly offended even though I was trying to give constructive criticism shrugs

And to the people who don't care about the quality of translating an author's work, it's not about being ungrateful, it's about having the author's work translated accurately as it was intended to be expressed in JP. If the readers are OK with consuming subpar TL / content, that's fine, that's their prerogative. But being grateful of someone even if their work is subpar and giving constructive criticism so the group can improve is not mutually exclusive. In other words, I'm grateful that Chaosteam is spending their own time TL'ing Saburouta's work, but I just wish some simple mistakes were corrected during the QC process, that's all. If the readers were able to understand JP / the raws from yuri hime, they'd understand where I'm coming from. Anyway, that's all I'm gunna say about this matter. Hopefully you guys improve.

HadleysHope
Sumi-chan
joined Jan 30, 2015

I'm not trying to be mean or anything but I've wanted to say this for a long long time...Chaosteam really needs to work on their TL and QC, whether it's their Japanese that's the issue or their English...or both. Especially their grammar. It has been /below/ subpar since they started covering the series. and all the other series they TL for. I'll give them credit though, they have improved slightly since they started. Slightly. The issues with their TL, QC (or lack thereof), and grammar is so jarring because the dialogue starts to not make any sense, not make sense for the character, for the context of the situation, character dialogue doesn't flow, author's feelings aren't accurately translated, etc, etc

Again, I'm not trying to be "ungrateful". I just believe in quality over speed and most importantly accurate translations and decent grammar. I'm not asking for perfection, I'm not perfect either. But when you see such simple grammar mistakes occur, it just drives me crazy. It's been like this since Chaosteam picked up the series..

we're sorry you feel this way,we are doing the best we can and we are doing it for free,we said before we are not professionals,
you can always read the seven seas translations though. we are just doing it cause we want to read it as well.
other than that we are just humble fans

also there's always the option of another better group taking over citrus to post on dynasty and we can keep doing our thing for citrus over facebook like before. just a thought. I mean if you think you can do better be my guest.

"if you think you can do better be my guest" "we're doing it for free" No need for that, cause like I said before, I'm not trying to be ungrateful and I'm not looking for perfection. My point is that if you have a QC then simple grammar mistakes shouldn't be there. We know you aren't professionals, no group here is. With that said, there are groups that have done excellent work because of the quality of their TL and QC (ex. GiB). I'm sorry if you feel offended but I'm just speaking the truth. I just hope you guys double check and even triple check before you post. If I were part of a group I would want the best of our work to be put out. That's just my two cents.

HadleysHope
Sumi-chan
joined Jan 30, 2015

HadleysHope
Sumi-chan
joined Jan 30, 2015

Not trying to be a jerk or anything but I'm having some issues with the translation. The dialogue doesn't flow and sometimes they just don't make sense? And there are jarring grammar issues too.....and this isn't the first series with this problem that they've covered. Citrus has the same issue. It's nice that people are translating work (I appreciate it, really) from beloved artists like tMnR, but quality has been an issue with this group >_<. And in the end, we all want quality over speed right? And for the artist's feelings to come through accurately? I hope I don't come off as being a jerk..I just wanted to point that out, that's all.