Forum › Nanashi no Asterism discussion

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

its just my "hope for the best but expect the worst" mindset. her being bi would totes be better than a Class S end.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Dropped.

See you next chapter!

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Yuri Guy posted:

while that mentioned boyfriend means that tsukasa gets a "just a phase" ending.

Or she turned out to be bi.

Ah that's even more great -_-

32104671_1715652908533240_2109611648586088448_n
joined Jul 30, 2015

someone said that dropped soon? But it has new updates..? And on twitter it looks like its not dropped. The author seems really happy still.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Yuri Guy posted:

What do you mean?

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

This manga is slowly turning me into a BL fan.
HELP!

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

HELP!

I'll help you alright
Close your eyes for a little bit

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Yuri Guy posted:

What do you mean?

The whole relationship btw the girls that they were madly in love with each other but now author is introducing a boyfriend which is not only really disgusting but also conflict everything manga was based on.

Also the bisexuality in manga is represented very poorly and inaccurately, at least that they say.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

HELP!

I'll help you alright
Close your eyes for a little bit
http://criticalhits.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Martelo_de_Unha_34_mm__34_19897_5.jpg

LMAO! Why hasn't the like button introduced on this site yet!?

last edited at May 13, 2017 5:21PM by Nezchan

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

This manga would've been so much better if it had had none of the yuri love triangle & just focused on the yaoi in the first place (tho I most likely wouldn't have started on it if that was the case). Pleasant art with some nice visual storytelling & panelling. I always like introspective stories that explore the inner workings of the characters, so if this hadn't juggled more than it could handle, jumping around multiple characters and conflicts all at the same time, I would've enjoyed it better.

Nice chap for S.S. BL. If this is their last chapter (since there're only 2 left & my guess is that the yuri triangle needs those), I don't mind this as a resolution to their story too much.

last edited at May 13, 2017 2:10PM

joined May 1, 2013

Thematically, the ending that makes the most sense to me is that two of the girls pair off, and Kotooka is one of them, AND the three of them remain friends.

It would be absolutely perplexing to prove Kotooka right, but anything else seems like it'd work.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

LittelWind posted:

someone said that dropped soon? But it has new updates..? And on twitter it looks like its not dropped. The author seems really happy still.

1. It was probably that some reader dropped it. 2. The series was canceled. It is the last volume and then it ends.
thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

Well, authors rarely add that kind of detail if they don't intend any meaning behind.

So, maybe we can infer that Kotooka and Washio are an item, while Tsukasa got a boyfriend.

But it's very nonconclusive.

I just feel like that would ruin the whole point of the story. The girls don't want to pair up because that would hurt the other one. Also it would feel pretty weird for the author to give zero hints of them getting together than have them do so on the back cover.

last edited at May 13, 2017 5:01PM

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I wonder if the author will go with a bit of everything approach for the ending.
A paring of one each: yuri, het, and yaoi?

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

It's funny how some people are complaining about Subaru and Asakura, seeing as the one major reason this was even translated in the first place is Subaru's crossdressing. Hachimitsu scans only translate stuff that has gender bending or is made by an author whose work they've previously worked on. The yuri is really just the added cherry on top :P

In regards to the resolution, I see no way for the love triangle to end in a satisfying manner. Having two of them pair of would leave a bittersweet taste for the last girl, no matter how content she herself would be with the outcome, and the three of them remaining friends by keeping the status quo would just feel straight up bitter with none of the sweetness. Even worse if they all end up with boyfriends after some bullshit time-skip. Worse STILL if Subaru ends up falling in love with a girl because then the author would have seriously been stringing us along for some massive next level trolling."See?! It's just a phase! Everyone turns out normal in the end!" Honestly, If that's actually how it ends, I'll have some Hulk-level rage.

joined Apr 26, 2016

How bout all 5 bang each other in poly yeah no yeah

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

I don'r care what ya'll saying - I'm shipping Shiratori and Kotooka. Period!

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I just found this doujinshi with a similar name and plot and I would be happy if this ends like this https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ephemeral_asterism#1 I suposse this wouldn't but just saying x'D

__kawasumi_mai_and_kurata_sayuri_kanon_drawn_by_hiro_dismaless__af8fff43e603564f6b7349639e863a67
Fellowship of Freelancers
joined Oct 11, 2010
joined Feb 23, 2016

I gotta say.. Kotooka is a real thinker x_x damn... But about time Shiratori said stuff that actually made sense to her! Can't wait for the next one! T^T

joined Feb 18, 2015

So... only two more chapters left... I have to say I am still finding this one interesting, even if the characters are frustrating.

Mayakuro%20(twt)%20-%20lowqualityjpeg
joined Jan 12, 2014

..... I kinda dun like where this is heading. ( ; = - = )

Urgh, my ship... Cries

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

this series hurts me... agh I hate it

joined Feb 18, 2015

So... Now that she understands that she was being an ironclad b!tch, she's ready to apologize and admit to both of them that she likes girls and has always liked girls? And that, in particular, she likes the brave girl who just came to try to hook her up with the girl SHE likes? sigh... I'm not sure I'm going to like the ending, but I'll be happy if there is no more lying!

joined Apr 1, 2017

I'm not too fond of her "I'm a REAL lesbian so that's how I know Tsukasa is just going through a phase" nonsense, but its still good to get some manner of resolution to this character arc, knowing whats ahead.

To reply you must either login or sign up.