Forum › Now Loading…! discussion

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

man it must suck for you favorite game ever to be a phone game.

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

To be honest, reading this chapter the first time I thought it was utmost crap. Reading it a second time I'm still not very impressed by this. I mean, it's a good view on a mobile game company but the rest is pretty "meh". MC walks the first time to her new job - CUT - works already half a year there - CUT - kiss. Hardly any character introduction or interaction at all. It's all about games and then suddenly a kiss without any romantic mood whatsoever? Pretty rushed first chapter and the author's bad at creating moods ore some kind of story "flow". Feels like the marry in the 2nd chapter and die of old age in the 3rd...

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

Oh, it's New Gay, but less moe & the gay actually happens.

"New Gay" LMAO

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

sheesh, writing in this is pretty rough...

might turn into something interesting depending on how things pick up in chapter 2 after how this one ended... and hopefully things smooth up a bit too, writing-wise.

Dragontempinvert
joined Jul 20, 2015

Portable gaming is super-popular in Japan, they even have Cafes for people to meet up with their 3DS/Vita/mobile and play together. So it doesn't surprise me. The Japanese have had games on their mobiles and internet services for them far longer than we have.

And not everybody can afford a computer, especially in Tokyo where the cost of living is so high. Sometimes all people have are their mobiles.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Looks promising. I'm always up for coworker/adult life yuri. On that note, shouldn't this series be tagged adult life?

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Portable gaming is super-popular in Japan, they even have Cafes for people to meet up with their 3DS/Vita/mobile and play together. So it doesn't surprise me. The Japanese have had games on their mobiles and internet services for them far longer than we have.

And not everybody can afford a computer, especially in Tokyo where the cost of living is so high. Sometimes all people have are their mobiles.

Main reason for japanese being so into portable gamins is also because they have little time to play (being busy with school/club/work), so most of them play during public transportation rather than at home.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

If you're looking for the absolute classic Rogue experience, I recommend Brogue. They use coloured ASCII, which turns that dark dungeon into a vista of underground lakes, fetid swamps and gigantic, gaping chasms. It's rather amazing.

Used to be an Android port, not sure what happened to it. The iOS port is great though.

Brogue is great. It's got a near-perfect blend of simplicity and depth. Didn't know it had a mobile port, actually.

last edited at Mar 24, 2017 3:20PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

It's nice to see this translated. Too bad it's only five chapters long.

Zaimokuza%20ii
joined May 9, 2014

People, just one question please....
is that really a flip-smartphone that the MC ? if so, tell me the Brand! xD

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

You're probably not going to find it outside Japan. They had flipphones with major internet features while the mobile web was busy being stillborn in the US. Computers were never that common in Japan, as opposed to the US where almost everyone had one before broadband was even a thing(I can't say with any certainty, but I'm fairly sure the rest of the west was similar). Look up "Galapagose Syndrome".

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Well THAT was out of nowhere

joined May 4, 2013

Gaben bless.

joined Apr 11, 2016

woW IT'S SO GAY

nice art, cool characters, reality of the game-making industry (even if it's a mobile game) and actual yuri happening! what's more in there, i wonder?

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

To be honest, reading this chapter the first time I thought it was utmost crap. Reading it a second time I'm still not very impressed by this. I mean, it's a good view on a mobile game company but the rest is pretty "meh". MC walks the first time to her new job - CUT - works already half a year there - CUT - kiss. Hardly any character introduction or interaction at all. It's all about games and then suddenly a kiss without any romantic mood whatsoever? Pretty rushed first chapter and the author's bad at creating moods ore some kind of story "flow". Feels like the marry in the 2nd chapter and die of old age in the 3rd...

My sentiments exactly.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

My sentiments exactly.

I like to think of it as a meta joke: mobile/casual yuri. At least they're not trying to sting us for microtransactions.

joined May 7, 2015

New Gay is always welcome. Also the title (Now Loading) is the same as the opening song of the New Game anime. It really looks intentional.

last edited at Mar 24, 2017 10:19PM

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Oh, it's New Gay, but less moe & the gay actually happens.

"New Gay" LMAO

Hmm, maybe New Gaym?

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I'm with the detractors a bit, inasmuch as I wish this story wasn't so condensed -- if it really is one volume, no wonder the narrative pacing can be described as somewhere between "brisk" and "whirlwind"

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

I really love this series but honestly if you've got to make the NG comparison (which admittedly gets stronger next chapter) it's honestly closer to a Aoba x Umiko fic which is

good. AoUmi is good.

The situation looks strange to me. Protagonist works at game publishing company. But develops games. Solo, from scratch, doing all the coding and art assets and QA (or lack thereof) herself. She even has to market her game herself, by contacting websites and such.
Is this situation normal in japanese mobage dev field?

I think the implication is she was actually just running a game someone else had set up? She's been there for half a year and that game's been on for a year, so I think it was more her being the current new project head. (and they knew it was bombing hence her being the only one on it)

Probably, would not surprise me if she is going to be put on a protect with her senpai and the other main characters.

last edited at Mar 24, 2017 10:58PM

Drawing_cat_cute_baby_by_vaniinamagic-d6mb7g2
joined Sep 1, 2016

First chapter - already kissing. That's what I call progress!

Much agreed.

53229346_p8_master1200
joined Jan 19, 2016

Yeah with the name of the series and the basis of girls in a game company I expected it to be pretty much like New Game! (anyone else already prepared for s2??)

But while the pacing seems too brisk for a single chapter Mikanuji's art is really beautiful! It's very fluid, like during the kiss scene, and the characters look so soft... and I found myself liking Takagi (who's kind of like Hajime) more than I did Aoba, maybe because Takagi was more exciting I guess? So I disagree that having similarities automatically makes Now Loading...! worse. NL seems to be leaning more into developing relationships too which is nice and something I really wished for between Kou and Rin (or Kou and Aoba... or Ahagon and Nene... the list goes on).

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Automatic read for Mikanuji and yuri.

I expected yuri, considering it's a Yuri Hime manga (don't get me started on subtext manga making it onto Yuri Hime), so I'm not completely surprised the kiss happened. I kinda wish it didn't happen so early, because it felt cheap and rushed, as expected.

Now, I haven't read or watched New Game yet, but I can definitely sympathize with the "this is like New Game, but actually gay!" sentiment.

My sentiments exactly.

I like to think of it as a meta joke: mobile/casual yuri. At least they're not trying to sting us for microtransactions.

Thank Madokami the scanlators aren't paywalling this or anything like that.

last edited at Mar 25, 2017 4:08AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

My sentiments exactly.

Thank Madokami the scanlators aren't paywalling this or anything like that.

No Day 1 DLC, either... Looking good so far.

joined Dec 17, 2013

Suscribing now and forever!

To reply you must either login or sign up.