Forum › Liberty discussion

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

would police in japan rly respond to a retarded call like that? promoting abuse and missue of 911 here, not cool

I was thinking the same thing. XD

It's cute, but after reading "The Terrible Relationship Between Garbage-chan and Ecchan", I'm keeping my guard up

Wait, what? That's an actual manga..? 0.o

last edited at Feb 28, 2017 5:56AM

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i can't even start to imagine what in my nation the police could answer if someone calls for a dead cat on the streets.

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

In my nation you could call police if you've got a dead animal on the street. Either they'd send some officers out who would remove the body or they take the call and forward the info to whoever is in charge of removing it, as a dead animal on the street would count as dangerous to traffic. Most likely - if it was a pet (cat, dog, whatever) they would also check if the pet has a chip implanted and inform the owner.

Otherwise, the story looks interesting although it moves a little TOO fast for me in the first chapter.

last edited at Feb 28, 2017 6:33AM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Why do I think that she works in an establishment that provides a serving service. I forgot what the name of it was, you often see it with males in shoujo manga. Host club?

if you're talking about the long haired girl, she's most likely a musician/singer who did the cd the main character was told to listen to at the begining

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

I kinda want more ... But at the same time isn't Liberty just a Homura clone? I dunno and with a name like Liberty it sounds as if she's a stripper, or a prostitute. XD But maybe it's because she considers herself a liberator for closeted girls ... Their gateway if you will to accepting themselves and getting them out of their comfort zone.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

In my nation you could call police if you've got a dead animal on the street. Either they'd send some officers out who would remove the body or they take the call and forward the info to whoever is in charge of removing it, as a dead animal on the street would count as dangerous to traffic. Most likely - if it was a pet (cat, dog, whatever) they would also check if the pet has a chip implanted and inform the owner.

I'm in Canada and it doesn't even sound that unusual in a city. I did that once with a pigeon that died hitting a building in downtown Halifax, they passed on the call to animal control and everything was fine.

joined Feb 23, 2016

I feel drama coming xD

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I dunno and with a name like Liberty it sounds as if she's a stripper, or a prostitute. XD

There seems to be some pre-judging there based on North American culture. Are there similar associations with such names in Japan? I don't know if there are or not, but I doubt the question was asked to start with.

Note how her name (if that's even her name in the first place) is the same as the CD for the project Honjou is working on.

last edited at Feb 28, 2017 10:21AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/liberty_ch01#5
"Would it change my life I had one?" is so deliciously ambiguous, especially coming from a fellow IT industry worker. :D

last edited at Feb 28, 2017 10:08AM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

this is good

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

"How did you know I liked girls?"

I dunno, the fact that you were staring at her and practically drooling ever since she took off her mask maybe?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't think I like this person very much. To put it mildly, when the alternative is running over what is effectively an inanimate object, even when the driver doesn't know that it's already dead, it seems inconsiderate that she would put them in a situation where they could possibly kill another human being.

Doubt it would have killed her, since the car was stopped at a red light and the woman dashed out just as she was about to start moving. Can't build up that much speed in only a metre or two

if you're talking about the long haired girl, she's most likely a musician/singer who did the cd the main character was told to listen to at the begining

Thinking about it, this could be an After Hours sort of setup, where she draws the fairly isolated Honjou into a queer nightclub scene.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I dunno and with a name like Liberty it sounds as if she's a stripper, or a prostitute. XD

There seems to be some pre-judging there based on North American culture. Are there similar associations with such names in Japan? I don't know if there are or not, but I doubt the question was asked to start with.

Note how her name (if that's even her name in the first place) is the same as the CD for the project Honjou is working on.

Japanese using foreign words as name convention : "It sounds nice and foreign, let's use it and not check either the actual meaning of the word or how to actually write it!"

So yeah... It could be a strip joint or a book store, according to my experience. :p

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

The art is gorgeous, and this is really promising. But knowing the author, and with such setting, I already foresee a lot of angst and player, but we love Momono Moto's manipulative characters, don't we ?

I'm definitely following this, thanks for the translation !

last edited at Feb 28, 2017 12:29PM

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

I dunno and with a name like Liberty it sounds as if she's a stripper, or a prostitute.
XD

Dunno but when I read Liberty I got a GTA feeling xD

last edited at Feb 28, 2017 1:34PM

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

I generally appreciate it when a character's sexual orientation is either stated or at the very least acknowledged.

Dead cat aside, this looks promising

joined Feb 2, 2016

Yeah it about time some wrote adult life hope it promising promising good to read wait for next chapter

joined Feb 18, 2015

I'm totally thinking that this girl works in the sex trade in some manner, most likely in a host club or something like that, if not as an actual prostitute. I can't wait to read more!

And I agree that the one line early on was deliciously ambiguous:

"A lover, huh... Would it change my life if I had one?"

If I had a lover? If I had a life? If I had either? LOL!

Zaimokuza%20ii
joined May 9, 2014

Looking forward for the next chapter, momono moto's art sure is something.

on the side notes:
this kinda bring back my memory from my highschool days, there was this girl from the class next to mine, who suddenly pop out in my class, speaking to me, and friggin write her cellphone number on my arm... but i was so stupid back then xD

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Honjou's 'vibe' is actually just a vibrator she passes around the Office, it's how the other girls in her company figured out she was gay.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

This first chapter was awesome, But.......I have a bad feeling, Seeing how this is by the same person who made "My Ignorance of a World Yet Unknown". I'll keep an eye on this series. It might turn into an interesting story, Or it might turn into Angsty bullshit. I'll just have to read more to find out.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Not sure if really transparent closet or just good gaydars...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The "sex work" or "stripper" guesses are really bizarre. I guess that's based mainly on the name.

I think a more reasonable guess is the one already floated here, that she's a member of the band, Liberty, who recorded tracks for the game she's working on. The mask to prevent being recognized on the street, the confidence, the flamboyance with the kiss on the hands, all point to that. It also suggests that "Liberty" isn't her name at all, and the time/location she wrote on Honjou's hand was for a gig they're playing at.

joined Dec 21, 2016

Translator and editor here. Seems like there's a lot of confusion on who's the mysterious girl who almost got run over by our lonely OL hero and it's partially my fault.
Since I'm not a native English speaker, I uploaded my script on /u/ so that someone could proofread it. A more literal translation of Honjou's boss' line on the first page would be "An indie band sent us the sample tracks for the main theme of the game", but I went with the version of the anon who helped me: "We finally got the sample tracks for our game" because it was shorter. Only now I realised that leaving out "indie band" was an error since some didn't realise the connection.
The "little devil" is probably (99% sure) the frontwoman of the indie band "Liberty" who made the songs for the game Honjou is working on. The next chapter will probably reveal her name.
I'm sorry if I caused some confusion.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Lol what

To reply you must either login or sign up.