Forum › Our Journey to Lesbian Motherhood discussion

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Breakdanceanomicon posted:

You seem like the kind of person who hates it when people try to find deep meaning in television shows.

Lol. I just said your definition of moe is wrong. And what deep meaning? You saying "moe shows" are made for neet otaku who wants to find their waifu's to fap to is supposed to be finding deep meaning in television? To me it sounds rather like you saying anything that can be categorize as "moe" is useless crap we should avoid like fire. If anything your dismissal of "moe" because of it's "culture" sounds like you are not trying to find deeper meaning in it. And it is double funny that you say I'm not trying to find deep meaning in shows when I linked in this thread a video of guy who is focusing his entire channel on analyzing and discussing in depth different anime series. And I regularly watch a bunch of different channels, talking about games, movies and other stuff. And it is triple funny that (if you bothered to watch it) things you said about "moe" perfectly proves the point that Digibro made in his video (with which I completely agree). But yea, I'm the one not trying to find deep meaning or having a meaningful conversation.

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

Breakdanceanomicon posted:

You seem like the kind of person who hates it when people try to find deep meaning in television shows.

Lol. I just said your definition of moe is wrong. And what deep meaning? You saying "moe shows" are made for neet otaku who wants to find their waifu's to fap to is supposed to be finding deep meaning in television? To me it sounds rather like you saying anything that can be categorize as "moe" is useless crap we should avoid like fire. If anything your dismissal of "moe" because of it's "culture" sounds like you are not trying to find deeper meaning in it. And it is double funny that you say I'm not trying to find deep meaning in shows when I linked in this thread a video of guy who is focusing his entire channel on analyzing and discussing in depth different anime series. And I regularly watch a bunch of different channels, talking about games, movies and other stuff. And it is triple funny that (if you bothered to watch it) things you said about "moe" perfectly proves the point that Digibro made in his video (with which I completely agree). But yea, I'm the one not trying to find deep meaning or having a meaningful conversation.

Guy guys, let's all chill and enjoy the yuri.

Faaaaack
joined Apr 2, 2016

Yay! An adult-life one! Finally a break from school girls.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

:O

joined Sep 11, 2014

I'm excited for this but I'm also still traumatized by the ending of Honey&Honey.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Awesome,I always cherish the biography/realistic manga with good end.

joined Feb 18, 2015

This looks seriously good! I look forward to reading it! (Much more uplifting than "My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness" but just as real...)

Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

has an "autobiography" or "based on real life" tag ever been discussed? series like "the bride was a boy" or "honey&honey" or this one could really use that tag..
anyways, hyped for another realistic look at lgbt+ life!!

joined Jun 19, 2012

I'm excited for this series but I shouldn't have read the prologue at 1am with no other chapters out

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Oh oh cute! This reminds me of Honey Honey, but hopefully with a more happier ending. These two are cute,!

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Hey, it's a manga I can actually relate to about crap currently going on in my life (my wife and I have been trying and failing at getting me knocked up for a while, we're going to do IVF at the end of April now - it's hilarious that I'm not only socially infertile, but medically infertile as well).

joined Oct 17, 2015

LGBT activism or any kind of activism for that matter has never been a big part of the Japanese psyche. However, there are no religious objections as you might find in America. The only objections boils down to: "two men? yuck!" rather than any "moral" arguments. The younger generation wouldn't mind such rights, but the older ones are more stubborn.

The idea of same-sex couples raising children boils down to the same prejudices as you might find anywhere: that it's bad for kids, unless of course it's two pretty (and not ugly) lesbians in which case they'd say it's okay. In the law, it is not established, so the only sources of adoption for them as of now are from overseas, and in vitro fertilization options for non-married women are accessible only overseas as well, although there are "unofficial" sperm donation services, although there are risks due to the fact that none of those are backed by medical organizations.

last edited at Feb 27, 2017 8:17AM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

That's an interesting title. But having heard about the importans of gender roles in Japanese society scares me a little at what's to follow.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Adult Life + Marriage + The promise of a baby = MY FUCKING JAM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Oh. Look. Something I've wanted. I'll just stay here and be happy about it then!
I've heard very little about how Japan might view same sex parents.(mostly in comments on this website too!) This should be very interesting.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I knew the name of one of the authors rang a bell:

https://youtu.be/CKCgDAV16b4

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Aw yes. I love the stuff that's more grounded in reality. Biographical yuri is the best kind.

Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

sees title

sees tags

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

LGBT activism or any kind of activism for that matter has never been a big part of the Japanese psyche. However, there are no religious objections as you might find in America. The only objections boils down to: "two men? yuck!" rather than any "moral" arguments. The younger generation wouldn't mind such rights, but the older ones are more stubborn.

The idea of same-sex couples raising children boils down to the same prejudices as you might find anywhere: that it's bad for kids, unless of course it's two pretty (and not ugly) lesbians in which case they'd say it's okay. In the law, it is not established, so the only sources of adoption for them as of now are from overseas, and in vitro fertilization options for non-married women are accessible only overseas as well, although there are "unofficial" sperm donation services, although there are risks due to the fact that none of those are backed by medical organizations.

@Person - Thanks for clarifying how the law deals [does not deal] with the topic.

I understand that tradition and not upsetting the apple cart is baked in Japanese society, but I'm rather surprised that more lesbians and gay men are not pushing this societal envelope, and yes I realize this topic was discussed last year when the same-sex marriage certificates topic came up. Just surprised it's not been a bigger issue. For example, I wonder if couples are getting married in countries that recognize same-sex marriage and petitioning that the Japanese government recognize their marriage.

Anyhoo, I didn't mean to dive off into this topic. I just find it extremely interesting and hope to see more progress made in countries like Japan and such.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Personally, I don't plan to have kids, unless parthenogenesis becomes a viable option.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Thank you as always and forever, Lililicious. I look forward to the rest, particularly the columns and epilogue.

last edited at Feb 28, 2017 4:28AM

Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

Did this make the rounds somewhere earlier? I could've sworn I've seen these chapter titles before.

@auikimaya ╰(ఠ_ఠ)╯

Smug%20ass%20fuckgin%20zura
joined Dec 5, 2015

i AM PUMPED FOR THIS SHIT FUCK YEAH LETS GO GET SOME BABIES UP IN THIS BIATCH WOOOOOOOO jumps out the window

53229346_p8_master1200
joined Jan 19, 2016

AHh I can already feel this is going to be very nice... I love seeing autobiographical works/things grounded in the reality of LGBT Japan (since most tend to be hopeful... lol) like this and Hanayome wa Motodanshi, The Private Report on my Lesbian Experience with Loneliness, Happy Picture Diary, etc!
Agreed, a 'biographical' tag for these types of works would be much appreciated.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

sees title

sees tags

praise the sun \o/

To reply you must either login or sign up.