Forum › Heart Gifts discussion

afterschoolteatime
joined Sep 30, 2014

So if her father is super religious how does their relationship fair since you know both girls

joined Jun 12, 2015

Interesting idea but poor execution. It just doesn't work form me.

Blushav2
joined Aug 11, 2015

So if her father is super religious how does their relationship fair since you know both girls

Being super religious and being against homosexuality are not the same thing.

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

Once again religious bigots are destroying people's lives... who would've thought.

I'm glad it worked out in the end. I like the over the top expressions but the execution could be improved a bit.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Not saying that being super religious is bad, but if you're super religious like that dude, then you probably are against homosexuality.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Unfortunately, given the various religions of the world at present, the odds are for it. Love to see more of them move away from the concept.

joined Feb 15, 2013

That black hair is a yandere...

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Well that was torture. Boring ~ The names alone and the Woah I finally realize I love you cliche.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Aaaand I bestow upon Shiro the title of "dumbest girls of the month", good idea to run away when the artificial heart of your beloved is running out of battery. Chasing Shiro wasn't very bright from Kuro either.

God no kidding. I thought is she a phucking moron or what. Kuro you should have let Nature take her course, there's more wrong with Shiro than her heart.

Dtrebolbadluck
%20%c3%93%c3%83%c2%a4
joined Feb 24, 2016

Diabetes came back
Oh my pls more <3 ;_; I need more

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Aaaand I bestow upon Shiro the title of "dumbest girls of the month", good idea to run away when the artificial heart of your beloved is running out of battery. Chasing Shiro wasn't very bright from Kuro either.

Would be a pretty good piece of criticism if they didn't show that she had an extra battery on her. Shiro probably thought that Kuro would have at least stopped to change her battery and use it to escape the situation, didn't account for Kuro to risk her life to find the truth.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Would be a pretty good piece of criticism if they didn't show that she had an extra battery on her. Shiro probably thought that Kuro would have at least stopped to change her battery and use it to escape the situation, didn't account for Kuro to risk her life to find the truth.

This counter-argument is only as valid as the assumption it is based in that Shiro engaged in a logical reasoning process in that scene. To me, it is quite obvious that she did not.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

This counter-argument is only as valid as the assumption it is based in that Shiro engaged in a logical reasoning process in that scene. To me, it is quite obvious that she did not.

Well, the initial argument relies on the assumption that Shiro believed that Kuro would run out of power and die when chasing her. An invalid argument doesn't need the counter-argument to be valid.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

The way it's over the top reminded me of natsuneko's stories. I miss those.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The way it's over the top reminded me of natsuneko's stories. I miss those.

Agreed, those were good times. Whatever happened to Natsuneko...

Bleach_589___giselle_gewelle_alux-d7quz%20(1)
joined Dec 2, 2014

Not too fond of the explanation of "we let her die because of her father's religion", but the story was nice. And yeah, totally look forward to the father flipping out even more when he learn his daughter is lesbian. Would make for a fun extra chapter. XD

It happens, the jeovah witnesses refuse blood transfusions even if their relative is dying and sue the hospitals that do it anyway.

Is the christian minority in japan usually that fundamentalistic? And is the interpration of freedom of religion even that radical there? For example as far as I know .in Germany, if parents refuse that their children get's important medical treatment, the doctor is able to open a legal procedure so a guardian can implemented who takes the decision for the child. In extreme Cases parents can even lose the custody over their child, although all of this is only the ultima ratio. The wellbeing of the child in this country is always more important than the religious believes of their parents, although such cases are rather rare in germany. I don't know how the law in japan is exactly, but I know that they have a really strict understanding of the seperation of state and religion, so I can't really imagine that it would be legal to let a child not undergo a lifesaving operation because of religious feelings.

But this story wasn't really good to begin with. It felt really forcefully slowed and rushed at the same time. The drama was over the top and the characters have not much personality to begin with.

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

Reading this is cathartic to me because I had 5 open heart surgeries.

joined Jan 8, 2017

Zealots... what a bunch of bastards.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I think the bigger piece of criticism might be that she didn't have any inkling that the girl who LITERALLY GAVE UP HER HEART to save her might have some feelings for her.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

I discovered this one, thanks the new manga of the author, and I loved it.
Shiro and Kuro are so precious! Great story!

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

oh I get it Shiro means white and Kuro means black lol

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I hope future chapters explain why Shiro couldn't be the one with the artificial heart. It seems like the obvious choice a doctor would make in that situation.

im guessin bc the other chick does sports n shit n so a roboheart aint really good to have in that scenario?

Actually, doesn't Kuro (the black-haired girl) do sports, while Shiro (the fair-haired one) do the science stuff? The POV of the narration in his manga is slightly confusing. Shiro says she enjoys being able to do sports, but is then invited to the stage as an honor for a science report she had submitted.

I think black hair girl does science-- white hair girl does sports, she jus had some random report for stage of honor

It means because Kuro gave Shiro her heart, she can do sports and enjoys it now, but Shiro still does science and Kuro still does sports

Sakamoto%20nichijou%20tissues-min
joined Jan 20, 2016

I hope future chapters explain why Shiro couldn't be the one with the artificial heart. It seems like the obvious choice a doctor would make in that situation.

im guessin bc the other chick does sports n shit n so a roboheart aint really good to have in that scenario?

Actually, doesn't Kuro (the black-haired girl) do sports, while Shiro (the fair-haired one) do the science stuff? The POV of the narration in his manga is slightly confusing. Shiro says she enjoys being able to do sports, but is then invited to the stage as an honor for a science report she had submitted.

I think black hair girl does science-- white hair girl does sports, she jus had some random report for stage of honor

It means because Kuro gave Shiro her heart, she can do sports and enjoys it now, but Shiro still does science and Kuro still does sports

From what I understand, Kuro is the black haired one who does sports with her artificial heart and Shiro is the white haired one who does the science and nerd stuff after getting the black one's heart. I think it's more supported with the sequel related story with Kuro talking about Minami-sempai from Phys Ed and Shiro talking about Kita-sempai from the science department. (not really a spoiler but best to be safe than sorry.)

Img_20171030_220015_379
joined Oct 31, 2016

Actually I think the reason why Shiro couldn't have an artificial heart is because of her father and some sort of religious beliefs that putting an artificial organs inside our bodies are some sort of sin to the Lord and her father is a douche. ._.

joined Nov 27, 2016

Sweet story and all but
Anyone notice the credit pagd
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/heart_gifts_last_part#24 ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Fault Milestone, anyone?

last edited at May 9, 2017 1:10AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.