Forum › Heart Gifts discussion

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

This's good enough.I'd rather read the decent story,but has a good or at least acceptable ending than the renowned masterpiece that could traumatize me for my whole life.

last edited at Dec 31, 2016 12:23AM

La Aoi Beau Chico
Boy%20blue
joined Oct 9, 2016

too fast for pat

Yes yes. Gonna catch these crab hands... ravioli ravioli give me your feelingsoli

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

The ending was really cute and sweet. This whole story was extremely melodramatic, that i can't help but love it. I hope the author of this one has more yuri stories out there, because i absolutely love the art style.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Melodramatic, but with the art style it works...all their expressions are extreme!
But anyway, man when it started flashbacking I started to get worried! In the end a super cute story, memorable with it's unique theme and art ^_^
Thanks for scantalating!

last edited at Dec 31, 2016 2:25AM

Keepallyourgifsinabasket
joined Aug 17, 2013

Ah, yeah, I followed it through to the end, but couldn't get into it at all. For something that wanted to do absolute over-the-top melodrama, it could've at least had a more believable premise. Whether or not that would've stopped the cheese I'm not sure, but it might've been a start.

I know this is a serious dick comment to make, but in the back of my head I gotta wonder how people can complain about how forced the conflict is in something like Citrus, and also enjoy this. I mean, y'all can enjoy whatever you want, but I'm genuinely curious to hear from some people who enjoyed this (whether they like the drawn-out drama-filled series like Citrus or not) what was it that made this particularly likeable in spite of (or because of) the insane melodrama.
Ain't tryna start fights, or even debates really, I'm just curious.

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

It was a cute end after all and I really like the art style. I want to see more of this art.

But what the hell is wrong with the daddy? Believing in God and having a religion, ok not bad, but not giving his daughter a mechanical heart when it's saving the life of his daughter? Suuuuure, God will accept this. Just give a fuck of her life. -_-

Since Daddy is so zealous in purity and not allow anything mechanical in his daughter body even if it kills his daughter, I wonder how would a guy like that would even let his daughter being a lesbian.

To be continued...(⌐■_■)b

DAMDAMDAMDAAAAAAAAM

last edited at Dec 31, 2016 3:53AM

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Hoh god I am so glad she didn't die

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm surprised none noted the puny names of the characters. Kuro = black, Shiro = white. A bit lazy.

Other than that, you have the Jehovah Witnesses who refuse blood transfusion, or those wackos who refuses vaccines or other life saving treatments. People who say "this child is in the hands of God. If they're meant to die, so be it, but I won't allow blood/medicine/mechanical parts/surgery in their sacred body for fear they go to Hell...". Yeah, right.

That's why laws are enacted in civilized countries that provide that the well-being of children is absolute. Doctors are not allowed to let a child die because of their parent's belief. Period. If the child's life is in immediate danger, they would seek an urgent decision by a judge, even if it's 2 AM, to take custody away from the parents. And if they make a ruckus, Police is called. If that's all it takes for them to "hate" their kid, then they don't deserve to be parents.

Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

I thought this was pretty good. Sure, the ending felt a bit abrupt and some of the stuff was over exaggerated, but this is hell a lot better than a lot of yuri stories, if some of the stories can even be considered "yuri".

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Not too fond of the explanation of "we let her die because of her father's religion", but the story was nice. And yeah, totally look forward to the father flipping out even more when he learn his daughter is lesbian. Would make for a fun extra chapter. XD

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Chantelune posted:

Not too fond of the explanation of "we let her die because of her father's religion", but the story was nice. And yeah, totally look forward to the father flipping out even more when he learn his daughter is lesbian. Would make for a fun extra chapter. XD

Or not.

If you're ready to let your kid die because of your religion, then locking her up is nothing.

He would probably turn into P'Mew's father and disown her. Or worse, send her in some religious retreat or in conversion therapy to get the gay out of her.

Because God Hates Fags.

last edited at Dec 31, 2016 6:08AM

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Then it's the time Kuro got other mechanical body parts, to become a "$6kk woman".

joined Mar 15, 2015

It happens, the jeovah witnesses refuse blood transfusions even if their relative is dying and sue the hospitals that do it anyway.

Ava
joined Dec 25, 2013

Woah, this was an awesome, turbulent emotional rollercoaster, loved it!
Really enjoyed the art and the depiction of the character's emotions. Are there any more originals yet to come from this artist? :D

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

LexXxich posted:

Then it's the time Kuro got other mechanical body parts, to become a "$6kk woman".

https://youtu.be/4Wd6IuVya4M

Yep i LOVED it! Beautiful story which was a lil short but my babies got their HAPPY ENDING so no complains! >~<

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

I honestly don't care that much about the story when the art style is so horribly out of whack with the situation. Everyone looks like they're about to use their forbidden secret technique that will stop their heart if they use it too long to fight the ultimate force of evil about to bring about Armageddon. I can't take anything seriously with the way people in this manga yell and throw their whole bodies around when the situation isn't that extreme.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I'm surprised none noted the puny names of the characters.

I'm offended by how little you think of me.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

You know, for all of how quick everything was resolved, I love how over the top all the acting is, It's melodrama and then some, the characters have such extreme highs and lows it's absolutely glorious! A kiss would have been great, but I'm cool with it all the same.

Well, they're going to "catch up on all the play time they missed" . . . Doujin time?

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

It happens, the jeovah witnesses refuse blood transfusions even if their relative is dying and sue the hospitals that do it anyway.

It really does. That was actually about the most plausible part of the manga (which I found quite fun despite/because of its silliness).
Only thing I didn't like--when she grabbed that pen, was I the only one wishing she'd stabbed the dad instead?

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

[...] when she grabbed that pen, was I the only one wishing she'd stabbed the dad instead?

No.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

It was a cute end after all and I really like the art style. I want to see more of this art.

But what the hell is wrong with the daddy? Believing in God and having a religion, ok not bad, but not giving his daughter a mechanical heart when it's saving the life of his daughter? Suuuuure, God will accept this. Just give a fuck of her life. -_-

Since Daddy is so zealous in purity and not allow anything mechanical in his daughter body even if it kills his daughter, I wonder how would a guy like that would even let his daughter being a lesbian.

To be continued...(⌐■_■)b

DAMDAMDAMDAAAAAAAAM

Awful English but still nailed it like a pro

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

Not even a kiss scene?

joined Aug 15, 2015

Chantelune posted:

Or not.

If you're ready to let your kid die because of your religion, then locking her up is nothing.
He would probably turn into P'Mew's father and disown her. Or worse, send her in some religious retreat or in conversion therapy to get the gay out of her.
Because God Hates Fags.

There's religious story about The Sacrifice of Isaac where God commands the father to kill his son to prove his love for God. Daddy was willing to kill the son until some weird angel appear and goes "Dude, it's just a prank, no need to kill that kid."

Anyway, there's plenty of story about how far parents willing to go for their beliefs, even if it means drowning 6 of your own children in one bath tub (real story).

E05aff7c1334de03865ce183142c84b52
joined Feb 6, 2014

Good short story, drawing is okay too, just their eyes like the vampires...

To reply you must either login or sign up.