Forum › Isn't The Moon Beautiful discussion

joined Jun 12, 2015

^That must be the curse of Yuri Hime. It's seems like most of the editors there are really incompetent. I don't believe it's Itou Hachi's fault. Just look at the recently finished series in Yuri Hime. Feels bad.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

I really like all of Itou Hachi's other works, but this one feels all out of balance...

Strongly agreed. This story feels like a very belabored version of Master and Me. Same setup: waifish, unreliable girl enters relationship with older woman against her will (but it's okay because it turns out to be True Love™ or whatever), is bad at the things she's ostensibly been placed there for, has another older woman acting as a motherly caretaking figure, and the older woman in the relationship tolerates the younger one because she derives emotional support from her (much like a household pet).

last edited at Aug 9, 2016 3:00AM

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

I really like all of Itou Hachi's other works, but this one feels all out of balance...

Strongly agreed. This story feels like a very belabored version of Master and Me. Same setup: waifish, unreliable girl enters relationship with older woman against her will (but it's okay because it turns out to be True Love™ or whatever), is bad at the things she's ostensibly been placed there for, has another older woman acting as a motherly caretaking figure, and the older woman in the relationship tolerates the younger one because she derives emotional support from her (much like a household pet).

Yeah, but in that one, the older woman has a lolicon ladyboner for the unreliable girl, so the woman has motivation for wanting the younger one around. In this one, the younger one has absolutely no redeeming features, as recognized by either the older one or the audience. Maybe it says something about it in the first two chapters, but I have absolutely no idea why the younger one is even there. and little motivation to reread and find out. As opposed to the abovementioned Master and Me, where everything made sense the first time.

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

Yeah, but in that one, the older woman has a lolicon ladyboner for the unreliable girl, so the woman has motivation for wanting the younger one around. In this one, the younger one has absolutely no redeeming features, as recognized by either the older one or the audience. Maybe it says something about it in the first two chapters, but I have absolutely no idea why the younger one is even there. and little motivation to reread and find out. As opposed to the abovementioned Master and Me, where everything made sense the first time.

Well then, try to imagine this setting:
A person with parents doing every little thing possible for one to do in her place, not letting her do anything, and in turn this doesn't let her develop any skills, because she does nothing all day long, much like her parents' pet. Now, imagine this person going out in the world with no skills whatsoever, with enough motivation to try and learn, but doesn't even know where to start because she doesn't know anything.

last edited at Aug 9, 2016 11:05AM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I want Kayo to be with Hako. They will throw her out eventually, she can't live with a married couple forever. Actually after reading first chapter I imagined her having a affair with Senri.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I want Kayo to be with Hako. They will throw her out eventually, she can't live with a married couple forever. Actually after reading first chapter I imagined her having a affair with Senri.

I'm reasonably sure it was pretty normal for married couples to have household servants should they be able to afford them, back when that was a thing...

Not particularly incompatible with KayoxHako OTP either.

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

This series is cute and all but any romance where the partners have a parent-child relationship feels just wrong to me.

A55
joined Feb 20, 2016

Nngh... Ugh, I kind of empathize with Chiru to a point, because I'm virtually useless too, but I don't know how I feel about this series? It's cute and all, but it feels unbalanced, I suppose.

I'm still planning on keeping up with it, though. While I vastly prefer stories like Spring, a Minuet, I still adore Itou Hachi's work.

(Edit: I apparently cannot remember names for shit.)

last edited at Aug 9, 2016 11:36PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I find this one a bit less appealing too, but it's partly because the older partner isn't taking responsibility in any way. Like, the kid knows nothing, but is enthusiastic as hell, wants to learn, wants to be useful. She could eventually become useful, which would make her happy and fulfilled.

So what does the older partner do? Does she mentor the kid? Does she teach her any skills? No, first she just sloughs the issue off with "You're fine as your current (helpless, useless) self"--but only in a vague, wishy-washy kind of way, nothing that really affirms her worth or indicates emotional attachment or anything. Then eventually she says "You want to be useful? Here, have a plant. I won't tell you anything about how to take care of it, I'll just set you up for failure." Gee, thanks. Same goes for the garden stuff--"Weed these plants. No, I won't tell you among all the massive variety of medicinal plants what might constitute a weed, just try at random and I'll make you feel like a moron when you get it wrong." Uh huh. And she's supposed to be the competent one?

The servant seems to mostly operate on a "defend my turf (and badmouth the mistress for not being able to take it from me)" approach.

The kid is adorable. It's not her fault she's useless, she wants to change. The other two don't seem to want her to, but they want to look down on her for being the way she is at the same time.

(The earthworm was very cute)

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

I find this one a bit less appealing too, but it's partly because the older partner isn't taking responsibility in any way.

Very strongly agreed. There's that recurring "dominant, talented partner and subservient, useless partner" in a lot of Itou's works that gives rise to some very unfortunate implications when you dig into them.

last edited at Aug 11, 2016 7:26PM

Tumblr_oacx7rl55f1tltatqo1_500
joined May 19, 2016

Sometimes Itou Hachi could bring us an astonishing story with a really simple theme, but in other times it is like the repetition of the same story with different characters. I say Itou brings the same theme over and over without anything new and fresh in it. This is cute, of course, but i think i need more than a cute story. More like i demand some kind of development in this story. While reading this i even thought a harsh thing like, "Why Itou bother continuing to write the story of this couple?"

The first pairing of Legally Married universe is likely still my favorite, too bad nothing new comes from them

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

I find this one a bit less appealing too, but it's partly because the older partner isn't taking responsibility in any way. Like, the kid knows nothing, but is enthusiastic as hell, wants to learn, wants to be useful. She could eventually become useful, which would make her happy and fulfilled.

So what does the older partner do? Does she mentor the kid? Does she teach her any skills? No, first she just sloughs the issue off with "You're fine as your current (helpless, useless) self"--but only in a vague, wishy-washy kind of way, nothing that really affirms her worth or indicates emotional attachment or anything. Then eventually she says "You want to be useful? Here, have a plant. I won't tell you anything about how to take care of it, I'll just set you up for failure." Gee, thanks. Same goes for the garden stuff--"Weed these plants. No, I won't tell you among all the massive variety of medicinal plants what might constitute a weed, just try at random and I'll make you feel like a moron when you get it wrong." Uh huh. And she's supposed to be the competent one?

The servant seems to mostly operate on a "defend my turf (and badmouth the mistress for not being able to take it from me)" approach.

The kid is adorable. It's not her fault she's useless, she wants to change. The other two don't seem to want her to, but they want to look down on her for being the way she is at the same time.

(The earthworm was very cute)

As usual, your analysis is spot on. This is irritating me as well.

The first pairing of Legally Married universe is likely still my favorite, too bad nothing new comes from them

Interesting timing.

Jolks%202
joined Dec 2, 2016

Ch. 4 is out! Someone please translate it and post it here <3

As for the imbalanced relationship... From what I see, Chiru's incompetency in doing household chores is understandable cause she's an Ojou-sama that hasn't needed to do anything for herself. But she is trying, and I respect her for it.

Ch. 4 reveals Senri's past, and I really don't think the relationship is imbalanced at all after reading that chapter. Senri may seem like the reliable one, but she has her fragile moments, and while it may seem like Chiru isn't contributing much to their relationship, she is lending Senri strength by staying by her side and supporting her. The accepting love and support are not tangible products that can be evaluated like a meal or new clothes, but don't underestimate the power that are brought when you know and feel that you are loved! :D

As a certain Wise Wolf once said: "Loneliness can cause death." And I know she's grateful for that someone that came into her life and journeyed with her through both hardships and happiness.

joined Oct 8, 2011

Considering that it's an arranged marriage I'd like to know what the Kasuga group gets out of this!
Senri's probably getting some kind of dowry and a higher status (not to mention a servant and maybe an heir if they get science babies or whatever), does the Shinome family has some kind of important monopoly or recipe of some kind? o.O

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

whoa... didn't expect this!

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

So nice to see more of Itou Hachi's work

Zigv3uyqlg0hih2ixcp8saivs99g-ehejzp51vcc89w
joined Feb 8, 2018

It's always nice to see new chapters from one of my favorite authors here :>

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

Omggg <3 finaly Itou Hachi's work!!!
Cute story ^^ I hope we get the translation of My Master and Me and the story sequel soon :)

last edited at Mar 11, 2018 2:22PM

F6027a7c125b156932db27aa264cfb2a
joined Jul 3, 2015

Is it just me who feels like the servant is just an unnecessary third wheel? like she literally has no use - should be the other partner doing the work she does

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Is it just me who feels like the servant is just an unnecessary third wheel? like she literally has no use - should be the other partner doing the work she does

To do that one would have needed to rework Chiru's character from the start. She's 16, and a very young, privileged 16 at that. As we get a glimpse of here, Senri is kind of clueless in her own way--she's far more mature and reliable, and relates well to people in public, but she doesn't seem to have much sense of how to negotiate the complexities of an intimate personal relationship.

Kayo is more cynical and down-to-earth than either of them, but not really more experienced in the ways of the world. Having her as a go-between for the couple, but not really a mentor or role-model for Chiru, softens the conflicts between the two kinds of cluelessness in play.

If you keep the main characters the same but just take Kayo out, those misunderstandings are transformed into one-on-one conflicts, and Chiru's immaturity becomes complete uselessness as she struggles with domestic tasks she has no idea how to handle, and Senri's inattention starts to look more like (perhaps in some people's eyes justified) contempt.

last edited at Mar 12, 2018 6:43AM

joined Apr 29, 2013

Thank you so much yuri-ism for not giving up on this series T_T

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Maybe they will pair the little sis with Kayo? unfortunately unlikely since she's probably just a plot tool to reveal Senri's supposed bad past (the typical "I'm glad to see her smiling again because she was never this happy anymore after xxx happened" plot tool)
Idk I just want her to get a pairing. I feel sad that she's stuck as a third wheel when she's the most competent of the three.

joined Mar 15, 2017

Chapter 12 is when Kayo's love interest gets introduced. Her romantic arc is still going as of 23.

Profile%20pic123124
joined Sep 14, 2017

i love it but
i would prefer a less annoying Kayo she buts in every time

joined Dec 10, 2017

This isn't a perfect manga, but I still love it. I really hope it gets localized officially. (Even though it's unlikely)

To reply you must either login or sign up.