Forum › Citrus discussion

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Mayjaplaya posted:

It's like clockwork. After the current troublemaker is resolved and Mei and Yuzu get a little closer, the next troublemaker gets foreshadowed at the end of the chapter and It Starts (Again)

It's going slowly but it does at least seem to be making some sort of progress though.

That is one reason I keep reading it; also, I like what people said above about it being like a soap opera. If Feelings We All Must Endure is like the L Word, Citrus is a girls' love telanovella. I agree Sound! Euphonium didn't bait so much as put subtext in the anime, but I do think Stretch built up the hopes of most of its readers that the 2 main girls would get together. The point I had in mind was that if and when Yuzu and Mei get together, Citrus is over, and ditto for Stretch, maybe?

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Techincally, Yuzu and Mei are together as of this chapter though.

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

oooooh, Neechan looks cool <3 lol

FINALLY! What a drama xD

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

im going to be honest I know citrus doesnt have the best story line for a manga. But you have to consider how limtied yuri manga's are. That's why I still read citrus despite its obvious floor. I watched through the whole of once upon a time for yuri subtext. Im clutching at straws its hard to get my yuri fix so I take it in any form at this moment. Plus citrus has such a pretty art so yes the storyline maybe cliche and superficial but fuck it I need my yuri fix.

this is exactly me... God I'm desperate

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

On another thread they called Mei a sex offender. Didn't she get out of a trap to make her one? I find the ins and outs of Citrus hard to follow at times.

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

There are two parts of new chapter. Enjoy reading it !
Part 1 :http://m.buka.cn/manga.php?mid=202796&cid=65556&page=1
Part 2 :http://m.buka.cn/manga.php?mid=202796&cid=65556&name=&page=2

last edited at Jan 17, 2016 6:32PM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Not sure if we are allowed to post links to raws in this thread :P

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Not sure if we are allowed to post links to raws in this thread :P

Can't see why not. It's a bit of a grey zone, but we can always take them down if there's an issue.

It's been suggested doing that in a new thread, especially if people are going to start talking about spoilers.

last edited at Jan 19, 2016 10:33AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

There are two parts of new chapter. Enjoy reading it !
Part 1 :http://m.buka.cn/manga.php?mid=202796&cid=65556&page=1
Part 2 :http://m.buka.cn/manga.php?mid=202796&cid=65556&name=&page=2

Now its tolerable for my yuri thirst. I'm so desperate.

5887bbeec1348a10fa095be8917e75b0
joined May 19, 2015

Ch 18 really takes a turn.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Mei got more violent lately. I dont like it. Not that I ever liked this story so much.

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

Saw the Raws. Poor Yuzu... She has to go through a lot of shit eveerry damn chapter whether it's for Mei or a new character... Wish we could actually see the sisters progress as a couple. That'll probably be another 2 or 4 months wait T.T

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Mei got more violent lately. I dont like it. Not that I ever liked this story so much.

Yeah I'm not digging the violence turn. Not sure what's up with that. I guess we will have to wait and see.

I guess I'm one of the few who actually like this manga. Though I enjoy it mainly because I have a fun time writing fanfictions for it. lol.

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

Ch.19 has been translated recently. Looks like something worse gonna happen. Will Mei dare to expel Yuzu even though she loves her ? There's gonna be battle between Yuzu and Harumin's oneechan for school president election.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Ch.19 has been translated recently. Looks like something worse gonna happen. Will Mei dare to expel Yuzu even though she loves her ? There's gonna be battle between Yuzu and Harumin's oneechan for school president election.

Maybe Harumin's sister will decide not to expel them. Or Mei gets the blame on her instead of Yuzu.

Besides that I noticed the umbrella scene too. Mei was always a little emotional bully, not surprised this is happening now too. But at the same time it seems like she's opening up to Yuzu more too. It would be better if there wasn't that specific scene though, imo.
If it was me though, I would pair Yuzu with Harumin haha. Mei is the type of aloof person that may seem interesting to some people before they get to know her, but sometimes her character becomes too much.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Maybe Harumin's sister will decide not to expel them. Or Mei gets the blame on her instead of Yuzu.

Besides that I noticed the umbrella scene too. Mei was always a little emotional bully, not surprised this is happening now too. But at the same time it seems like she's opening up to Yuzu more too. It would be better if there wasn't that specific scene though, imo.
If it was me though, I would pair Yuzu with Harumin haha. Mei is the type of aloof person that may seem interesting to some people before they get to know her, but sometimes her character becomes too much.

Yeah while I root for Mei x Yuzu.... I actually kinda root for Harumin. I think she would treat Yuzu so much better. If I had to guess I would say Harumin will be the "last boss". Hopefully that happens.

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

I actually kinda root for Harumin. I think she would treat Yuzu so much better. If I had to guess I would say Harumin will be the "last boss". Hopefully that happens.

Same here, kinda got tired of Yuzu x Mei around ch 14 I still like them but idk I just wish Yuzu x Harumin could happen in some way even if it was just for drama.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Heads up, a quick translation of chapter 19 is already doing the rounds on /u/

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Heads up, a quick translation of chapter 19 is already doing the rounds on /u/

yeah we know. they're friggin' fast.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I actually kinda root for Harumin. I think she would treat Yuzu so much better. If I had to guess I would say Harumin will be the "last boss". Hopefully that happens.

Same here, kinda got tired of Yuzu x Mei around ch 14 I still like them but idk I just wish Yuzu x Harumin could happen in some way even if it was just for drama.

Me too haha. But I know Yuzu won't like her that way, so I just hope now Harumin doesn't get her feelings crashed in the future. It would be bad writing pulling another antagonist though, especially someone who has been a friend since the beggining. I was thinking that maybe Yuzu was infatuated with Mei because she's still young, but in the future she realises that Harumin was always better. But yeah, not a chance of that happening at all lol.

Another thing that is a little too much imo, is the fact that a lot of people seem to fall head over heels for Mei just the second they see her. How possible would that be? Realistically speaking, Yuzu should have more fans or I'm just biased.
Maybe Mei represents that part of Japanese people. I think someone has mentioned this here before, how they work very hard and they don't show a lot of emotions. Mei's character makes more sense with this.

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Referring to chaps 18 and 19: I seriously have no idea what the eff Mitsuko's (Harumin's sister) deal is. So some kid dyed her hair. Obviously, that is all Yuzu's fault and Mei's fault as well and now they both gotta pay!!! ...Wat? Is somebody seeing the sense there and would be so kind to enlighten me? I think Citrus lost me there. Again.

last edited at Jan 27, 2016 1:24PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Referring to chaps 18 and 19: I seriously have no idea what the eff Mitsuko's (Harumin's sister) deal is. So some kid dyed her hair. Obviously, that is all Yuzu's fault and Mei's fault as well and now they both gotta pay!!! ...Wat? Is somebody seeing the sense there and would be so kind to enlighten me? I think Citrus lost me there. Again.

Simple

Is against the rules. Harumi's Sis was just intent on expelling Yuzu's fangirl but then Yuzu had to get involved, exposing Mei's leniency with Yuzu. So by putting Yuzu in a no win situation (from her perspective at least) she's making a statement about following the rules and gaining some leverage over Mei at the same time

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

Me too haha. But I know Yuzu won't like her that way, so I just hope now Harumin doesn't get her feelings crashed in the future. It would be bad writing pulling another antagonist though, especially someone who has been a friend since the beggining. I was thinking that maybe Yuzu was infatuated with Mei because she's still young, but in the future she realises that Harumin was always better. But yeah, not a chance of that happening at all lol.

That would be more realistic tbh but this is a manga so I guess we can expect the pairing that was set up from the beginning to end up together.

Another thing that is a little too much imo, is the fact that a lot of people seem to fall head over heels for Mei just the second they see her. How possible would that be? Realistically speaking, Yuzu should have more fans or I'm just biased.
Maybe Mei represents that part of Japanese people. I think someone has mentioned this here before, how they work very hard and they don't show a lot of emotions. Mei's character makes more sense with this.

Maybe. I've always thought it was because of the tsundere/cold character appeal [?] at least it was that for me at the beginning but it got bored after a while but I always liked Yuzu better anyway.

last edited at Feb 9, 2016 2:43AM

Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

I'm sure this Yuzu x Harumin will happen. I think that Harumin will be Mei's hardest opponent in the whole story since, of course, she's the 'best friend.' And Saburouta already hinted this right? As I remember on chapter 12.5, Harumin and Matsuri had a talk and Matsuri asked her if she likes Yuzu, Harumin said no and she even cleared it by saying she does NOT have 'romantic interest' in Yuzu. Matsuri replied by saying Harumin's only trying to distance herself from conflict because she does not want to get hurt. Matsuri said that she and Harumin likes the same person, and added that 'it's female intuition' and on the same panel you can see Harumin having that lines on her cheek that you often see in a mangas and animes when someone's blushing (or maybe I'm just being exaggerated but it's there) anyway, Harumin did not said anything about that but responded by 'sigh' and saying 'whatever,' is this an indication she lost the argument and had no further thing left to say to deny it? And at the last panel, Matsuri said that she has found a crack in Harumin's shield. So I guess, the crack that she's referring to is Harumin's feelings for Yuzu that she's trying to suppress by dressing like gyaru and trying to look like a girl who does not swing in a different way?

Maybe Harumin is 'like that' but does not want to admit it because:
A) She's afraid of her sister (we all are, anyway)
B) She's afraid Yuzu might distance herself because she may not reciprocate it
C) Or worse, lose their friendship
D) She's afraid of what people might think of her

But then again, maybe I'm just exaggerating things after I saw that panel in chapter 18 where Yuzu's fan (what's her name again?) was imagining gay stuff and saying she's an avid supporter of "HaruYuzu."

Idk.

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

I'm sure this Yuzu x Harumin will happen. I think that Harumin will be Mei's hardest opponent in the whole story since, of course, she's the 'best friend.' And Saburouta already hinted this right? As I remember on chapter 12.5, Harumin and Matsuri had a talk and Matsuri asked her if she likes Yuzu, Harumin said no and she even cleared it by saying she does NOT have 'romantic interest' in Yuzu. Matsuri replied by saying Harumin's only trying to distance herself from conflict because she does not want to get hurt. Matsuri said that she and Harumin likes the same person, and added that 'it's female intuition' and on the same panel you can see Harumin having that lines on her cheek that you often see in a mangas and animes when someone's blushing (or maybe I'm just being exaggerated but it's there) anyway, Harumin did not said anything about that but responded by 'sigh' and saying 'whatever,' is this an indication she lost the argument and had no further thing left to say to deny it? And at the last panel, Matsuri said that she has found a crack in Harumin's shield. So I guess, the crack that she's referring to is Harumin's feelings for Yuzu that she's trying to suppress by dressing like gyaru and trying to look like a girl who does not swing in a different way?

Maybe Harumin is 'like that' but does not want to admit it because:
A) She's afraid of her sister (we all are, anyway)
B) She's afraid Yuzu might distance herself because she may not reciprocate it
C) Or worse, lose their friendship
D) She's afraid of what people might think of her

But then again, maybe I'm just exaggerating things after I saw that panel in chapter 18 where Yuzu's fan (what's her name again?) was imagining gay stuff and saying she's an avid supporter of "HaruYuzu."

Idk.

b) and c) are more likely to be the case here, either way that hint of Harumin possibly liking Yuzu was 6 chapters ago and nothing came out of it, I think Saburouta thought about going there but had a change of mind but who knows maybe it was actually a long term storyline plan and there will be something in the future.

To reply you must either login or sign up.