Forum › Citrus discussion

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Yuzu & Mei Win Best Pair Couple http://yurireviews.blogspot.de/2015/11/whos-best-yuri-pairing-yuri-tournament_22.html

Really...? Why...They're both so god damn stupid, frustrating, and annoying though...I mean I'm fucking ecstatic these two fucking idiots managed to speak actual words to each other and get together but that's only because if they had spent any more time being oblivious morons that make harem MCs look like Sherlock Holmes, I would have invented a machine that can insert me into fiction and beat the shit out of the two myself lol.

EDIT: THEY BEAT AKKO AND MARI!? WTF!? HAVE I STUMBLED INTO AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE WHERE EVERYBODY HASN'T BEEN INCREDIBLY ANNOYED WITH MEI AND YUZU FOR THE ENTIRE FUCKING SERIES OR SOMETHING!? I don't like this strange, unfamiliar world...
In all seriousness though, I can only chalk this kind of outcome up to people not really remembering Girlfriends anymore since it was a pretty damn long time ago when it was relelvant, because this...I'm sorry but, imo, and I know a lot of people agree with me here, Mei and Yuzu are just aggravating idiots and this series, while filled to the brim with drama and suspense that keeps you coming back and FORCES YOU to root for them, isn't written very well and doesn't make any god damn sense half the time and lacks any sort of relatability with these characters because they don't have thought processes...well, they just don't have thought processes lol. It's fucking worse than a good chunk the soap operas and telenovela

s that are on TV right (and I KNOW this because my grandmother LOVES them) lol. People read this series for the same reason they watch any Shonda Rhimes series.

Thank you someone with good taste! Damn! I can't even. I don't like Yuzu as a character and the minor characters have more growth development than the MC's do it's Freakin annoying that people "love" this series so much. I've read better fanfics and YouTube comments than Citrus

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

[...] it's Freakin annoying that people "love" this series so much.

Ikr? Those pesky people who like what we don't like should just disappear, right? No, wait...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's not like these japanese readers know what's good or anything.

Every manga should cater to western audience, obviously. Or better : they should cater to me.

Smug%20ass%20fuckgin%20zura
joined Dec 5, 2015

Am now very confused if I should read this series or not...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's not like these japanese readers know what's good or anything.

Every manga should cater to western audience, obviously. Or better : they should cater to me.

That should be "cater to Nez". But otherwise, you're pretty much right.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

In this (yuri) world there are two types of people: Citrus-haters and ... well .. let's just say Citrus defenders. Just like with Stretch, the tactic of dragging it out forever works, on balance. For every person you lose you may gain about a person-and-a-half, and that's enough. It occurs to me Stretch's name was a stealth pun in English commenting on this tactic. I finally reconciled to the New Love Antagonist of the Month/Season nature of Citrus and enjoyed it for what it was, partly thanks to struggling to do that with Stretch and maybe with Fluttering Feelings. Citrus is, to tsundere stories and long-drawn-out yuri romances, what Strawberry Panic was to Maria-sama ga Miteru - kind of taking every trope and ramping it up to 11. But we're girls! But she has a fiance! But she's my step-sister! It's not as if I really like you, Yuzu! Etc.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

YourShoes: it's a romantic drama, and it's a lot like a weekly tv series. The Big Obstacle to Her Love/Villain of the Week gets defeated and the next one appears, tune in next week!

joined Jul 8, 2013

Ikr? Those pesky people who like what we don't like should just disappear, right? No, wait...

I have no problem with people liking things that I don't like (which is why I emphasized in my comments that it was just my opinion; I'm not the person you replied to btw but the person that that person replied to lol) but it's not even arguable anymore that these characters are absolute idiots. EVERYBODY AGREES ON THAT and its exactly what EVERY SINGLE COMMENT about them EVERY SINGLE CHAPTER says lol. So I just don't understand how they could possibly have been voted best yuri pair much less over a couple that everybody who read the series they're from loves. In other words, I quite simply don't understand the reasoning behind the results.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Marion Diabolito posted:

In this (yuri) world there are two types of people: Citrus-haters and ... well .. let's just say Citrus defenders.

I'm neither though. I'm not going to bother defending it to people but I'm not really going to hate on it either. I just want to see how it continues developing right now.

joined Jul 8, 2013

In this (yuri) world there are two types of people: Citrus-haters and ... well .. let's just say Citrus defenders. Just like with Stretch, the tactic of dragging it out forever works, on balance. For every person you lose you may gain about a person-and-a-half, and that's enough. It occurs to me Stretch's name was a stealth pun in English commenting on this tactic. I finally reconciled to the New Love Antagonist of the Month/Season nature of Citrus and enjoyed it for what it was, partly thanks to struggling to do that with Stretch and maybe with Fluttering Feelings. Citrus is, to tsundere stories and long-drawn-out yuri romances, what Strawberry Panic was to Maria-sama ga Miteru - kind of taking every trope and ramping it up to 11. But we're girls! But she has a fiance! But she's my step-sister! It's not as if I really like you, Yuzu! Etc.

Except Stretch isn't a yuri and didn't really drag it out at all and ended at a really normal point, considering it was a slice of life series with very short chapters.

joined Jul 8, 2013

Marion Diabolito posted:

In this (yuri) world there are two types of people: Citrus-haters and ... well .. let's just say Citrus defenders.

I'm neither though. I'm not going to bother defending it to people but I'm not really going to hate on it either. I just want to see how it continues developing right now.

I agree with this statement. I just think the main characters are idiots because...well, they just are. I just don't understand the results and literally nobody has given me an explanation for it yet. If I were to say I like these characters that would be an enormous lie but I root for them because, even though at this point I don't really think they deserve it, I just like it when romances work out in the best way possible. I wouldn't recommend this series to anybody and if somebody were to ask me if it was worth it I'd say, "No." But I don't think that its not entirely bad. For example, I think the art is incredible (honestly, the mangaka for this series is probably one of the best yuri manga artists working right now) and I don't think are bad people (just portrayed and written overall terribly). The only reason I still read it is because I wanna know what happens in the end, as is the side effect of most drama series. I wouldn't really call myself a Citrus-hater because of this but at the same time I sure as hell am not a Ctirus-defender.
I honestly just don't understand the results. They just make no sense to me. I don't see how to anybody Mei and Yuzu are the best yuri pair and Yuzu is the best yuri character (even though, if I had to choose between the two I like her more than Mei lol).

joined Mar 26, 2014

I loved Stretch! But Citrus is killing me. xP Too much crap and I no longer give any .

joined Mar 26, 2014

Am now very confused if I should read this series or not...

It's your choice. Everyone has different tastes.
I liked it for about 14 or so chapters, but . . .
I personally just can't seem to stand Citrus's logic and useless drama (cliffhangers too) anymore.

joined Mar 26, 2014

Don't take it like that. I have an opinion.
I never even said that anyone should disappear. So how about you stop being a hypocritical asshole?

Smug%20ass%20fuckgin%20zura
joined Dec 5, 2015

well, read everything, including chap 18. kinda just continued reading after chap 8 just cuz the art was pretty, though...

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Don't take it like that. I have an opinion.
I never even said that anyone should disappear. So how about you stop being a hypocritical asshole?

Yeah, coming to the thread of a work you don't even like and quintuple-posting in it at that to (among other things) imply that people who like it have bad taste and calling them annoying... Clearly I'm the only one here who's an "hypocritical asshole".

joined Apr 12, 2015

Why read it if you don't like it? Haha. So many people taking it seriously. This is just a manga. A form of entertainment. If you ain't entertained, then don't read it. What's so hard about that? Why do you people need to call those who love this series "annoying" and "idiots"? I just don't understand.. But it's whatever. We all have our tastes and preferences. It would be good if we just stop being mean to each other though.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I just want to clarify something: I dont like this series I mean i think it's pure crap, thats kinda obvious by now, but I'm also 100% ok with people liking it and all but i was legitimately surprised it was still ongoing because i had not seen it on here for a while now and then I got curious if it was any better than when i last read it so i decided to ask.
Now back to series I actually like.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

a lot of country banned homosexual content..

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Cleaned the thread up a bit. Please keep it on topic this time.
New chapters will be uploaded as they are officially released.

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

im going to be honest I know citrus doesnt have the best story line for a manga. But you have to consider how limtied yuri manga's are. That's why I still read citrus despite its obvious floor. I watched through the whole of once upon a time for yuri subtext. Im clutching at straws its hard to get my yuri fix so I take it in any form at this moment. Plus citrus has such a pretty art so yes the storyline maybe cliche and superficial but fuck it I need my yuri fix.

Trash%20minesan
joined Nov 13, 2015

Why read it if you don't like it? Haha. So many people taking it seriously. This is just a manga. A form of entertainment. If you ain't entertained, then don't read it. What's so hard about that? Why do you people need to call those who love this series "annoying" and "idiots"? I just don't understand.. But it's whatever. We all have our tastes and preferences. It would be good if we just stop being mean to each other though.

My thoughts exactly, lets chill

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That's why I still read citrus despite its obvious floor.

Pretty sure somebody got trolled by their autocorrect.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

It's like clockwork. After the current troublemaker is resolved and Mei and Yuzu get a little closer, the next troublemaker gets foreshadowed at the end of the chapter and It Starts (Again)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_7EyPa4Q0Q

Count me in the "mildly dislikes Citrus" camp. But after reading all this praise about how, instead of typical yurimanga tropes, it uses tropes from Latin American soap operas and het romance-dramas, as well as how this series is being shopped around to see if anyone wants to make an anime of it, I can't help but feel a bit swept up by the hubris. Is it that dreaded "peer pressure" we were warned about in school? I dropped Happy Sugar Life and nothing of value was lost. Either that, or I just can't take my eyes off this trainwreck in particular.

last edited at Dec 30, 2015 9:41PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Mayjaplaya posted:

It's like clockwork. After the current troublemaker is resolved and Mei and Yuzu get a little closer, the next troublemaker gets foreshadowed at the end of the chapter and It Starts (Again)

It's going slowly but it does at least seem to be making some sort of progress though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.