Forum › Happy Sugar Life discussion

joined Jul 16, 2015

It's just a deluge of over-the-top darkness that just leaves me feeling nothing, which is the exact opposite of what a story is supposed to do. It's like the equivalent of eating snow: cold, flavorless and uninspired. Bah, how I loathe stories like this. What a waste.

I understand if dark stories aren't your preference, but what English teacher taught you that stories are supposed to make you feel happy?

Stories are about human struggles and the difficulties characters go through. Readers are supposed to relate to the problems of characters, whether they are good or bad, and believe me, many people can relate to the more depressing stories.

If you don't want to read dark stories, fine. But do not pass off all dark stories as bad literature that are bland or boring because many of the greatest works in literature are tragedies and are beautifully written.

last edited at Dec 22, 2015 1:07PM

joined Jan 11, 2015

So glad to see the second chapter has got translated!(applauses everywhere)

joined Mar 25, 2013

Interesting, Shio is in fact missing.

Also it was never shown that Sato was the one who killed the people in the apartment. It seems like a theme in this manga that almost all 'adult' people are of various levels of trash. Who is to say someone didn't kidnap Shio and she killed them. Yeah, yeah I know, she's so small, blah blah, but considering the way some of her expressions are drawn I wouldn't be surprised if she did in fact kill them. The person who is looking for her has 'bandages' on their face, so a theory would be Shio ran away from abusive parents or something and the people who took her in maybe were the same so she killed them in their sleep. Or they took pity on her and were actually good people, but she killed them anyway.

That's one theory. An extension would be, Sato somehow found out about it, and because the yandere she is, she thought she found her soulmate.

And I know that this is very, very unlikely, but at least one thing to keep in mind is this - Sato has never been shown to be violent. Manipulative and capable of blackmail, sure, but she's never been shown actually killing the people that are supposed to be in the bags.

Shio could be the most fucked up of them all xD

last edited at Dec 25, 2015 11:14AM

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

Real horrors do not come from the monster, but from the person so mentally twisted that they can function well in society. . .at this point I don't think Sato is even just Yandere. She might have an actual disorder...

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

So the bag must've been her aunt. This manga reminds me of I Saw the Devil, there are psychos everywhere, lol.

Shitposting as usual, dynasty scans never fails lmao

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

So... This is basically a Shounen manga were the mc faces a new creep every issue and out-creeps them with the power of love and friendship? Like jojo but instead of stands we have horrible mental/social disfunctions?

joined Aug 15, 2015

Yep, loli are the biggest devil of manga. In this case, Shio can pretty much mind control Sato to do anything.

Real horrors do not come from the monster, but from the person so mentally twisted that they can function well in society. . .at this point I don't think Sato is even just Yandere. She might have an actual disorder...

Nope, just because someone is crazy, out of ordinary, and has potential of murdering someone does not necessarily mean they have some form of disorder. What you have seen so far is Sato's rationalizing of her affection. She is finding the meanings of her love by comparing the feelings and actions of the other "psychos" and most of her actions so far is to safeguard the well being of her relationship. Sato (so far) does not act because there is an impulse that makes her wanting to do so. She is doing because there is a rational reason behind it which I do not think a "mentally twisted" mind can do, regardless of what Hollywood and other media have been telling you.

In any case, I was a bit reluctant with the first chapter. But since the story goes deep into the MC's emotion and logic, I am quite intrigue to see more of this story.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Can't really get into it, because the logic of people's reaction is flawed.

That teacher could have handled Sato easily.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I still think Shio isn't very innocent. Mainly thinking about how she kissed Sato. She can control Sato easily because she is so in love with her.

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

She is doing because there is a rational reason behind it which I do not think a "mentally twisted" mind can do, regardless of what Hollywood and other media have been telling you.

Mentally twisted. . .maybe disturbed would be a better word?

She killed an innocent person for their house. I doubt anyone who finds a boy in their boss's locker would leave him there (assuming she did leave him there). Blackmailing everyone who threatens her? More reasonable than most, but that is on the fence of rational depending on who you ask and how much moral fiber they have.

No, she was being logical. She gets rid of X then X can't get in her way. She kills Y and gets Y's belongings. She blackmails Z and Z won't bother her anymore. Sato is obviously high functioning and can use reason, but almost everything she does is because she used logic. Logic isn't always reasonable, kids.

PS: Ha x10, Hollywood.

PSS: Guess what? Sociopaths and serial killers can use rational reasoning and I'd say they are pretty disturbed.

PSSS: I said my piece on the matter, so I doubt I'll even be back to continue this. Agree to disagree if you feel strongly on the subject.

last edited at Dec 25, 2015 3:10PM

E
joined Feb 8, 2014

I found this super duper creepy and good. I don't know why.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Does anyone know how many chapters of this there are going to be in total? (If it's completed. If not then does anyone know how many there currently are?)

joined Aug 15, 2015

Note that majority of inmates who committed violent crimes are psychologically sane, AKA - 'normal' people. The fact that others call these inmates "crazy" is to deny the fact that such healthy minded just like themselves can committed such ugly acts. Such as the fact almost every mass shooting are committed by someone with guns. But only one, which is recently in a certain college in USA, is related to mental disorder.

She killed an innocent person for their house. I doubt anyone who finds a boy in their boss's locker would leave him there (assuming she did leave him there). Blackmailing everyone who threatens her? More reasonable than most, but that is on the fence of rational depending on who you ask and how much moral fiber they have.

Not true, "yet." What we know from the story so far is that there is a skeleton in her closet. What we do not know is: was she really the murderer, and who is the skeleton and how is it relates to her. While we know she is capable of doing anything, it does not mean that she has indeed done it. It could be the loli who is the murderer but lost memory, and MC is trying cover it so the loli can remain innocent and loving her, etc.

Blackmailing people who threatened her is a very good justification for her action. It is as good as stabbing a guy who hold a gun over your head. The fact she is blackmailing is so she can keep low profile and avoid any involvement with law enforcers because of a skeleton in her closet.

PS: Ha x10, Hollywood.
PSS: Guess what? Sociopaths and serial killers can use rational reasoning and I'd say they are pretty disturbed.

Yeah, you learned that is how serial killers work from Hollywood and other media. From psych text book, I know these type of people are impulsive. They do because of a certain emotion rather than reason and rationalization. The recent mass shooting with mental disturbed is because he was being rejected by people around him for so long, the anger builds up and he "exploded."

Logic isn't always reasonable, kids.
PSSS: I said my piece on the matter, so I doubt I'll even be back to continue this. Agree to disagree if you feel strongly on the subject.

It's not really "agree to disagree" when you criticized me by calling me "a kid" like that. Using Agree to disagree in this situation is pretty much a hit and run. You come up to me with your criticism and ran away to block yourself from any counter argument, and that is a cowardice move.

What I tried to do was to give you some second thought so you do not quickly jump conclusion about the main character who may not be mentally disturbed like you believed her to be and so that you can stay open minded just in case you wish to continue reading this series.

last edited at Dec 25, 2015 5:07PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, you learned that is how serial killers work from Hollywood and other media. From psych text book, I know these type of people are impulsive. They do because of a certain emotion rather than reason and rationalization. The recent mass shooting with mental disturbed is because he was being rejected by people around him for so long, the anger builds up and he "exploded."

Totally vouch with that. I've dealt with clear sociopaths and schizophrenics (although not psychopaths per se) and they're quite different from the Hollywood image. Impulsive is very much the word that comes to mind where sociopaths are concerned particularly, and it's often accompanied by things like ADHD which just exacerbates the problem. Think someone constantly distracted by new and shiny things that they want or what to do, and are willing and able to manipulate others into facilitating getting what they want. A want which will then change to a new focus, and maybe new people involved. The drawback is not very much thought at all is put into consequences of said manipulation.

last edited at Dec 25, 2015 6:39PM

5887bbeec1348a10fa095be8917e75b0
joined May 19, 2015

I really want to know how Shio was kidnapped and her thoughts on this situation.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

I still think Shio isn't very innocent. Mainly thinking about how she kissed Sato. She can control Sato easily because she is so in love with her.

This raises a very interesting point. You see, Shio is always at home, you know, the very same home with a decapitated person in a thrash bag? So maybe she knows about all that, or hell, maybe that was the kidnapper and she somehow was the one who killed them?

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

I... what.... uhhh....

I'll keep reading because I want to know what is going to happen, but this always leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Compared with the people around her, Sato looks like a nice girl.

joined Feb 15, 2013

It will be fairly interesting if Satou turned out didn't kill the person in the bag. I guess the "no, killing is bad" this episode then will be a good hindsight. It could be an accidental death, or even worse, it could be Shio who was doing the killing. And Satou only help to cut that person up to dispose

She certainly has the look of a yandere through. But not all yandere is out there to kill.

Really like the arts in this manga through. Remind me greatly of Simoun's author

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

what the actual hell is happening? I don't really understand why everyone seems to be a psychopath in this. And there are too many men, it doesn't even feel like it's yuri.

Anyway, my bet is that Shio is the one who murdered her family, manipulated Sato into doing whatever she wants, and framed her to make it look like she was kidnapped.

Honestly this probably won't happen because the writing confuses me more than impresses me.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Hnnnggg this is so interestinggggg
Various fucked up people approach Sato and she's just so fed up and need to unleash her inner yandere to get them to back the fuck up
I really really like this -

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

kickap00 posted:

And there are too many men, it doesn't even feel like it's yuri.

I wasn't aware that the cast had to be all female for it to be yuri. I was under the impression that yuri entailed two main (female) characters being in a romantic relationship. (Which Shio and Sato seem to be implied to be in.)

last edited at Dec 26, 2015 1:49AM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

kickap00 posted:

And there are too many men, it doesn't even feel like it's yuri.

I wasn't aware that the cast had to be all female for it to be yuri. I was under the impression that yuri entailed two main (female) characters being in a romantic relationship. (Which Shio and Sato seem to be implied to be in.)

Thank you.
People really need to understand this.

last edited at Dec 26, 2015 8:25AM

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I have no idea what's going on, but for some reason I want to see it through to the end.

joined Apr 12, 2014

I'm scared

To reply you must either login or sign up.