Forum › Happy Sugar Life discussion

joined Dec 26, 2015

SniperPumpkin posted:

thank you very much but no the Japanese readers also confirm it as Shoujo Ai.

Yup. I'm sure they confirmed it to be story about pedophile.

technically Sato is still a minor xD

A minor doing things with a minor is still pedophilia if one of them doesn't have the age of consent in that particular place.

that's also true.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

thank you very much but no the Japanese readers also confirm it as Shoujo Ai for it to be Yuri there have to be real lesbian love with this series will never have. you will see the MC liking/loving Shio but it won't develop in a romantic kind of way.

First of all, where did you get information nothing romantic happens? Don't forget it still ongoing so even if didn't happen yet it can later.

Second, I'm pretty sure Sato has lesbian love for Shio, from the beginning she says she finally found love, she even rejects all boys because of that, in no moment she treats as platonic love, she don't love Shio as sister or daughter or anything like that, if that was the case she wouldn't have reason to tell everyone how she found love in a way that makes obvious for anyone that it is romantic love, maybe they won't become a couple but her love for Shio is romantic so it is yuri.

last edited at Dec 26, 2015 4:18PM

joined Dec 26, 2015

thank you very much but no the Japanese readers also confirm it as Shoujo Ai for it to be Yuri there have to be real lesbian love with this series will never have. you will see the MC liking/loving Shio but it won't develop in a romantic kind of way.

First of all, where did you get information nothing romantic happens? Don't forget it still ongoing so even if didn't happen yet it can later.

Second, I'm pretty sure Sato have lesbian love for Shio, from the beginning she says she finally found love, she even rejects all boys because of that, in no moment she treats as platonic love, she don't love Shio as sister or daughter or anything like that, if that was the case she wouldn't have reason to tell everyone how she found love in a way that makes obvious for anyone that it is romantic love, maybe they won't become a couple but her love for Shio is romantic so it is yuri.

Twitter/ハッピーシュガーライフ my friend and the author it's a story about a girl that loves another little girl yes like it shown in the past 2 chapters but this a story is about Love Obsessive Love and there Happy Sugar Life not romance

again that's what shoujo Ai is you will see girls having emotinal aka lesbian feelings to each other or just one sided but it won't develop to any kind of romance, this isn't that kind of story.

and your logic doesn't make any sense so let's take Hiddan no Aria AA for example the girls clearly like each other more then just friends right so according to you that makes them Yuri? sorry but if ask me what yuri is then I will point out to series like Murcielago Citrus etc. where it doesn't stay at just liking or loving but goes as far as kissing romance sex etc in short where it's not just talk.

also read my copy pace I posted from TV tropes this is simply a fact and not a opinion

also we met on Batoto my name there is Gala Lion remember you asked me about a post from the author of Sugar Life a while ago.

last edited at Dec 26, 2015 4:31PM

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Faust liking het or bisluts

poor tastes like I said.

If I understand right you agree with the person you quoted? If anyone here have poor taste it's you two, no only because you're acting as if your opinion and tastes are superior and the only valid, but because you're agreeing with a stupid biphobic comment.

And what does "believably yuri." even mean?

It means exactly what it says. Their relationship is not believable to me.

They're far from being conventional charactes, the story itself is not believable, if you're expecting hard yuri in our faces on the second chapter then you're reading the wrong serie, not to mention they don't need to have relationship, Sato lesbian love for Shio is enough reason to be yuri.

If you want to discuss about being yuri or not cool, let's do it, but at least write your posts better cause you're being an asshole by insulting others for no reason.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

also read my copy pace I posted from TV tropes this is simply a fact and not a opinion

Hate to tell you this, but that proves nothing other than TV Tropes is full of western anime fans who perpetuate the same mistake as other western anime fans. It's not a reliable source for facts.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

SniperPumpkin posted:

Twitter/ハッピーシュガーライフ my friend and the author it's a story about a girl that loves another little girl yes like it shown in the past 2 chapters but this a story is about Love Obsessive Love and there Happy Sugar Life not romance

From wikpedia: Obsessive love is a hypothetical state in which one person feels an overwhelming obsessive desire to possess another person toward whom they feel a strong attraction, with an inability to accept failure or rejection.

again that's what shoujo Ai is you will see girls having emotinal aka lesbian feelings to each other or just one sided but it won't develop to any kind of romance, this isn't that kind of story.

Dude, forget shoujo ai, that's not a thing, only yuri is a valid term for what we're talking about.

and your logic doesn't make any sense so let's take Hiddan no Aria AA for example the girls clearly like each other more then just friends right so according to you that makes them Yuri? sorry but if ask me what yuri is then I will point out to series like Murcielago Citrus etc. where it doesn't stay at just liking or loving but goes as far as kissing romance sex etc in short where it's not just talk.

Yeah Hidan no Arian AA could be seen as yuri, but their attraction is never the focus of the serie, just go see the manga and it's almost always used for gag and comedy like Yuru Yuri, if they want they could even say they're just screwing around and joking and they're all straight, at least in the manga cause the anime is way more gay, but in here all the plot is about Sato love for Shio and nothing more, she made more than clear that it is romantic love, even if the manga never becomes about romance and they don't become a couple it won't change the fact she have lesbian love for Shio, only because of that this can be tagged as yuri while Hidan no Aria AA can't.

Unfortuately TV Tropes is not a reliable source for a lot of things as anyone can edit any time.

also we met on Batoto my name there is Gala Lion remember you asked me about a post from the author of Sugar Life a while ago.

Hey dude, sorry not replying, I didn't use pc much so never gone back to Batoto :X

last edited at Dec 26, 2015 5:02PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, as I said before there's no tag on Dynasty for it, and there likely never will be one. So take that into account.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yuri is the Japanese word for "lily", and also refers to a sapphic romance genre in Japanese media. It can focus either on the sexual or emotional aspects of the relationship. Occasionally, some fans will use the term shoujo-ai ("girl's love") to distinguish the less explicit works that focus on romance and/or emotions between the characters. Note however that in Japan, shoujo-ai refers to liking little girls.

Even that definition says you are wrong. Shoujo Ai is used for works that don't have adult content, but they are still counting as Yuri according to TvTropes. Your choice to use the actual word japanese meant for genre or one created by americans just for segregation purpose that have no actual meaning. Other than pedophilia in actual japanese.

last edited at Dec 26, 2015 5:11PM

joined Dec 26, 2015

Thiaguinho-sama don't know about the manga but Happy Sugar Life is also like you will see in the future chapters I surpose it's more about like I said there happy sugar life then anything else and I see that as your point of view for me something that stays just talk or emotions like Hiddan no Aria is just shoujo Ai but something like Citrus is yuri because there is actual romance in it

Nevri

I never said Shoujo Ai wasn't a part of Yuri just like Smut is the lighter version of Hentai Shoujo Ai is lighter version of Yuri Shoujo Ai is still girls love but without any sings of actual romance .

but I guess this more a point of view of how you see things then it being a fact so I take back what I said earlier about being a fact.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Thiaguinho-sama posted:

Doesn't fit their personal tastes so their views on it are objective facts rather than subjective opinions.

Second, I'm pretty sure Sato has lesbian love for Shio, from the beginning she says she finally found love, she even rejects all boys because of that, in no moment she treats as platonic love, she don't love Shio as sister or daughter or anything like that, if that was the case she wouldn't have reason to tell everyone how she found love in a way that makes obvious for anyone that it is romantic love, maybe they won't become a couple but her love for Shio is romantic so it is yuri.

But it doesn't appeal to me personally so it couldn't possibly be anything but what I think it is!! :(

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

SniperPumpkin posted:

I never said Shoujo Ai wasn't a part of Yuri (...) Shoujo Ai is lighter version of Yuri Shoujo Ai is still girls love but without any sings of actual romance .

SniperPumpkin posted:

Yuri is the Japanese word for "lily", and also refers to a sapphic romance genre in Japanese media. It can focus either on the sexual or emotional aspects of the relationship.

Dig deeper.

but I guess this more a point of view of how you see things then it being a fact so I take back what I said earlier about being a fact.

No, we stated facts. Even what TvTropes said was accurate, but didn't stress enough that Shoujo Ai is only westerners term and is actually pretty redundant. You are the one keeping on being ignorant. Also you insist to use term Shoujo Ai and you don't even know the westerner definition of it. It is a term americans created to different work with adult content from ones without it in stories about love between girls. That part about it not containing romance at all is something you seem to made up.

last edited at Dec 26, 2015 5:53PM

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

I thought we were past the shoujo-ai bullshit already?

Well, as I said before there's no tag on Dynasty for it, and there likely never will be one. So take that into account.

There actually is, it's called SUBTEXT. That's what people should be using instead of wrong made-up terms. But that's besides the point anyway, Sato clearly loves Shio, so whether her love is unrequited or not, it's a yuri story. We'll see how it all unfolds.

joined Dec 26, 2015

SniperPumpkin posted:

I never said Shoujo Ai wasn't a part of Yuri (...) Shoujo Ai is lighter version of Yuri Shoujo Ai is still girls love but without any sings of actual romance .

SniperPumpkin posted:

Yuri is the Japanese word for "lily", and also refers to a sapphic romance genre in Japanese media. It can focus either on the sexual or emotional aspects of the relationship.

Dig deeper.

No, we stated facts. Even what TvTropes said was accurate, but didn't stress enough that Shoujo Ai is only westerners term and is actually pretty redundant. You are the one keeping on being ignorant. Also you insist to use term Shoujo Ai and you don't even know the westerner definition of it. It is a term americans created to different work with adult content from ones without it in stories about love between girls. That part about it not containing romance at all is something you seem to made up.

woah? hold on a sec ignored? me? please let us not start a internet fight pls.

secondly who said I don't know about the term that Americans created? now your just replaying based on your own assumptions. it may be true that it is indeed created by Americans but so what? it is a good way to mark a line between the 2 and no that is not something I made up you have to look up the term Shoujo Ai more the western one I mean yes you do have Shoujo Ai with romance in them like Yuri Kuma Arashi and some other examples but there are also once without them like Yuri Yuri for example.

I'l get straight to the point to end this meaningless discussion.

for ME.

Shoujo Ai is like the western term with is light Yuri with non physical contact romance or canon stuff.

manga like Citrus are for me Yuri while manga like this one from what I can tell from 2 chapters I see as shoujo Ai also.

for me a story about girl's romance and canon yuri is what I see as Yuri and a story where the girl says she loves a other girl but it doesn't developing any romance kind of way then it's a shoujo ai for me.

this will be my last post for now didn't come here to start discussion but somehow ended up in one so Gomenasai mods!

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

SniperPumpkin posted:

Shoujo Ai is like the western term with is light Yuri with non physical contact romance or canon stuff.

Or you could simply call it subtext and we wouldn't be having any disagreement.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Jade posted:

SniperPumpkin posted:

Or you could simply call it subtext and we wouldn't be having any disagreement.

"I don't care what those terms actually mean, I prefer to use my own definitions and be surprised people get angry"

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

I really like this so far. It might be a story about a "yandere", but its not the stereotypical cliché one second loving the other murdering bitch. There's just something different about this. She also hasnt killed anyone, I like that she just kinda mentally fucks with people and then leaves.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

She also hasnt killed anyone

Well, none of the crazy persons of the week, but there's at least one dead person inside of several bags... Though we don't know if that was her doing or not yet.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez Note

This is just getting nasty. Faust and Kickap00, don't bother replying to each other, I'm hitting the flush button.

And we're done with the shoujo-ai discussion too. Time to bury that chew toy, we're pretty much done with it.

last edited at Dec 26, 2015 10:13PM

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

This is so perfect. Thanks for your hard work!

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Yuri love can be as pure as blood-red color too.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

there's an "horror" manga i find adeguate to this reader, it's "Shion of the dead", i can't say it's a great manga, but sure is strange,
it's het, but there's an hint of yuri about one of the principal characters (...or so i think, because i only start to read it).

with all this dark, the reader needs a little of fun splatter.

Yohanesoukan
joined Dec 27, 2015

Holy shiz! Shio is so damn cute >3<

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

makes me kinda sick at times but i love it

To reply you must either login or sign up.