Forum › After Hours discussion

joined Mar 25, 2013

Argh! They always have to be bi!

What's wrong with that? Ladies loving ladies are all cool in my book xD Plus it's not confirm that she's bi, she could be pan or smthing ¯\ _ (ツ)_/¯

I think it was meant for the ladies loving men thing, not the ladies loving ladies :P Also how is she not bi since she currently has a boyfriend (or more in the past)?

joined Aug 19, 2012

I must be dumb cause I got no idea what's going on anymore.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Also, we never once saw mister BF calling Emi when she was staying out all night or her calling him to inform him that she will be staying somewhere else. Sure, it could just not be shown, but I'm pretty sure they are just at the point where they don't care about each other private life. Emi doesn't strike my as someone manipulative and deceiving, so I really doubt she was leading double life all this time, and simply kept her bf in the dark.

last edited at Sep 22, 2015 6:16AM

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

What's wrong with that? Ladies loving ladies are all cool in my book xD Plus it's not confirm that she's bi, she could be pan or smthing ¯\ _ (ツ)_/¯

Pan, Bi, same thing different color.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

What is the debate about? Emi is obviously in some kind of transition period, where it doesn't work anymore with her boyfriend (hence, her friend took her out to club to change her mind), but she lacks the will or motivation to move on and properly break up and change apartment. Some kind of "fuzzy" state, when you're at a crossroad in your life and nothing seems stable or sure. You know something has to change, but somehow you lack the will to make it happen and kindof wait for it to happen on its own (bad idea, of course). I can totally relate to that, especially after a breakup.

Then, she has her encounter with Kei, and it's like a new path opens in front of her. New path in love, new path in work, new path in life. I don't think Kei would be upset if she knew that Emi has a (to be)ex-boyfriend. It's not like they are really a couple. It's llike they are friends with benefits at the moment. Emi doesn't really cheat, because, for all we know, her ex is maybe seeing other women.

So, now, I think the story is going to be about how Emi chooses the way her life is going to go. I don't anticipate much drama. More like Kei will help Emi to make her life's choices.

And not all lesbians started as lesbians and were "rejecting" men from birth. For all we know, Emi has never been attracted to women in general, but just with Kei, something clicks.

last edited at Sep 22, 2015 7:26AM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/after_hours_ch04#18

Just check out panels four, five and seven. Composition and lightning and the effect they have are fantastic as always.

Emi's past just got mysterious. shrugs

Not really. She's living with her boyfriend and they're having a rough time. She cheated on him as well (ch1). Nothing mysterious there. Here's hoping it doesn't turn to crap, since she's going to Kei's place (that's what it looks like)

Oh, I should have mentioned I had the things Emi said at the end of the previous chapter in mind. She said something had happened at their shared apartment and that there was a score to be settled.

last edited at Sep 22, 2015 7:50AM

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

Also, we never once saw mister BF calling Emi when she was staying out all night or her calling him to inform him that she will be staying somewhere else. Sure, it could just not be shown, but I'm pretty sure they are just at the point where they don't care about each other private life. Emi doesn't strike my as someone manipulative and deceiving, so I really doubt she was leading double life all this time, and simply kept her bf in the dark.

Yeah, I really am not expecting too much drama from this actually. This series has been written fairly ~miscommunication free~ and it seems mature enough to not have to rely on that crutch for entertainment. Emi has never shown guilt about her relationship with Kei, so I realllllly doubt that there is any emotional attachment left in her previous relationship. She just doesn't seem the type of person that would take cheating so flippantly. And I also wouldn't expect Kei to take Emi's situation personally, she seems like she would be pretty understanding of it, actually. Unless of course Emi goes back to her place and completely screws up explaining things because she's plastered... which wouldn't surprise me either tbh, she's not the most coherent drunk >.<

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/after_hours_ch04#18

Just check out panels four, five and seven. Composition and lightning and the effect they have are fantastic as always.

I was just about to write about panels four and five. The photographer in me is impressed.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, I really am not expecting too much drama from this actually. This series has been written fairly ~miscommunication free~ and it seems mature enough to not have to rely on that crutch for entertainment. Emi has never shown guilt about her relationship with Kei, so I realllllly doubt that there is any emotional attachment left in her previous relationship. She just doesn't seem the type of person that would take cheating so flippantly. And I also wouldn't expect Kei to take Emi's situation personally, she seems like she would be pretty understanding of it, actually. Unless of course Emi goes back to her place and completely screws up explaining things because she's plastered... which wouldn't surprise me either tbh, she's not the most coherent drunk >.<

Agree with this, the story has focused squarely on Emi and her personal growth, which is just starting. The ex-boyfriend, we haven't even seen yet and for all we know he may never show up directly. It seems to be one of those relationships that's done and over with, but nobody's moved out yet and they're both just running on intertia at this point.

Sometimes, relationships don't end so much as stop.

1397387912948-e
joined Jul 8, 2014

I really don't see a reason to panic. The author has already dodged so many dumb cliches and instead opted for a very mature story, (considering how dodgy the night life scene can be). There have been plenty of chances for aaaaangst and drama that haven't happened.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

I think it was meant for the ladies loving men thing, not the ladies loving ladies :P Also how is she not bi since she currently has a boyfriend (or more in the past)?

Tons of girls dated men before they came out as lesbian (also applied to guys). It only matters in how she defines herself (which we don't know yet or probably never will?)
And like many have said, I don't think there's any reason for OP to be mad at Emi for having a sort-of bf since she's clearly into the badass Kei (even her name is cool af). If this continues to be well-written then the boyfriend-but-not-really shouldn't be a problem.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Page 141 was so cute I cried. More like this, please.

Edit: Of course as soon as I say this page 142 does the same...

And I don't really foresee any overdone drama. It would simply be out of place in a series so subtle and slice-of-life oriented.

last edited at Sep 22, 2015 5:33PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

I'm thinking if there will be any drama/angst it will show when Emi goes to Kei's place plastered and if she blurts everything, and depending on Kei's reaction that will show the direction of the manga. It may seem like there wouldn't be any drama, but you don't really know until one of them reacts to something and so far it hasn't been shown something like that.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I'm thinking if there will be any drama/angst it will show when Emi goes to Kei's place plastered and if she blurts everything

Well she did wanted to tell her it, but was interrupted by the phone from the friend, so I wouldn't be surprised if she do it now. And yea, I'm expecting understanding reaction from Kei.

(If my new avatar offends anyone I'll change it ;x)

Thumbs
joined Apr 16, 2012

I did not expect this manga would be this good. I hope there will not be much drama with emi her boyfriend/ex-boyfriend And kei. because I would not like that . I wish that i had a girlfriend like kei . She is awesome

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm thinking if there will be any drama/angst it will show when Emi goes to Kei's place plastered and if she blurts everything

Well she did wanted to tell her it, but was interrupted by the phone from the friend, so I wouldn't be surprised if she do it now. And yea, I'm expecting understanding reaction from Kei.

(If my new avatar offends anyone I'll change it ;x)

What I'm expecting is Kei either giving her the kick in the ass she needs to overcome her inertia, or (more likely I think) make it clear that what to do is up to her, not anyone else, and encourages her to dive deeper into the night life to find out who she really is. I can't see her accepting Emi being dependent on her though. If Emi came to her as an equal, Kei would totally accept her though, and I think her arc is encouraging Emi to become someone who can stand up as an equal that way.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

As I personally cannot handle romance-drama due to how soap opera-y, samey, and repetitive it is, specially for yuri. My teeth might just crack after gritting them so hard as I cringe at it all.

I am just fearful at the possibility that this manga might head that way. Fearful because I feel invested in the mesmerizing world it presents, the atmosphere and characters, and ofc the excellent art. Just hoping it does not become like the rest, and stays as unique as it has been carrying forward even through the drama that may happen, without breaking-off of what it has been.

last edited at Sep 23, 2015 5:25PM

Blonde%20anime%20glasses
joined Aug 16, 2015

aaaaahhhhhh I cant wait for the next chapter now its getting way more interesting!!!

__mioda_ibuki_danganronpa_and_super_danganronpa_2_drawn_by_qosic__sample
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

This series will no longer be hosted on Dynasty Scans. We've received legal notice not to host this series. We encourage you to support the artist and publisher if possible. Thank you.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Yaaay

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

So time to read it on evil sites.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

You have better suggestions?

joined Jun 12, 2015

We can take it from the translator site directly ?

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

We can take it from the translator site directly ?

I heard that they do not have a site, just a Twitter account, or something like that. Shame, I really liked this one...

To reply you must either login or sign up.