Forum › After Hours discussion

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

We can take it from the translator site directly ?

I checked and they only have option for download. I personally prefer to read online. Well they had the option to read online. On dynasty...

I heard that they do not have a site, just a Twitter account, or something like that. Shame, I really liked this one...

http://sexyakibadetectives.tumblr.com/tagged/after-hours

last edited at Sep 26, 2015 11:27AM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Thanks, Nevri! I just hope they do not receive the notice as well.

last edited at Sep 26, 2015 11:37AM

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

This series will no longer be hosted on Dynasty Scans. We've received legal notice not to host this series. We encourage you to support the artist and publisher if possible. Thank you.

Legal notice from the Japanese publisher or an English publisher? This matters.

joined Sep 6, 2015

The Japanese one, if I remember correctly. Why does it matter?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

The request was made by the Japanese publisher, which owns Viz Media. There has been no suggestion of an official translation - the request was made by the Japanese, for the Japanese.

Edit: Though this obviously does not mean such a thing isn't possible or already in-the-works.

last edited at Sep 26, 2015 4:04PM

joined Sep 6, 2015

Oh, you mean, if it was an English publisher, it would indicate that we are getting an official English release. Logical. Now I feel vaguely stupid for asking that. Then again, I once gushed in college at two students who had the same surname and ended up in the same group... "what are the odds for that"... completely disregarding the fact that the groups were formed in alphabetical order...

last edited at Sep 26, 2015 4:38PM

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

The request was made by the Japanese publisher, which owns Viz Media. There has been no suggestion of an official translation - the request was made by the Japanese, for the Japanese.

Edit: Though this obviously does not mean such a thing isn't possible or already in-the-works.

Does Shougakukan normally send out C&D's for english scanlations? Seems kinda weird...

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

If this actually gets an official English translation, I would fully support it.

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

Does Shougakukan normally send out C&D's for english scanlations? Seems kinda weird...

It is a bit weird, but-- I guess like, 95% of content on Dynasty is either doujinshi or owned by Ichijinsha, who're probably too small and have no Western arm so it doesn't really matter? Shougakukan are the Big Boys, but-- yeah, Other Sites haven't, afaik, received the takedown order.

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

(also everyone should support the official Japanese release, too!!!)

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

If this actually gets an official English translation, I would fully support it.

Same here. But until then I'd rather not see stuff taken down.
I liked this series and ill still be reading it elsewhere then.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Well, the new chapter is filler, nothing mentioned at all from the previous one. Well not really filler, but she was supposedly going to talk with Kei, but nothing happened, plus her reactions are a little strange considering they slept together after a few hours xD

Guess we'll have to wait till November.

last edited at Oct 2, 2015 4:02PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

plus her reactions are a little strange considering they slept together after a few hours xD

I think it's different when the relationship moves from "one night stand" status. Like it's chill when you think you'll never see them again, but when you start getting closer, it's sorta awkward when you begin having serious feelings.

Not speaking from experience, but just trying to rationalize Emi's reactions.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

oh.. no longer hosted here.... Oh well, directly from the scanlators is fine.

@ch5, nice to see Kei show some interest in Emi.

Ba6830e9-5391-43ab-838d-9b1794f709e7
joined Jul 8, 2013

It's interesting that their blog has links to read it on this site.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

It's interesting that their blog has links to read it on this site.

Not really. It isn't common for all scanlation groups to have their own readers (hell, most don't even have their own sites) so linking sites like Batoto is actually pretty common. Since Dynasty host yuri, it makes perfect sense they would link it as place to read it. Also now, they suggested reading it on Batato on their site.

About chapter. Did I miss something? Why there was no talk between Emi and Kei about her ex? In fact, why he wasn't mentioned at all as if his plot line was already resolved off screen o.o? Not that I mind, but after all that complain and whine how he is going to ruin everything it was surprisingly ignored so easily xD

last edited at Oct 3, 2015 11:44AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

The complains were mostly from reader's comment XD Who know, maybe she was so smashed that she just dropped dead asleep once reaching Kei's place and "forgot" to mention it afterward.

Or Kei is just cool with "I still live with my ex-boyfriend" and don't see the need to make some drama out of it.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

The complains were mostly from reader's comment XD Who know, maybe she was so smashed that she just dropped dead asleep once reaching Kei's place and "forgot" to mention it afterward.

Or Kei is just cool with "I still live with my ex-boyfriend" and don't see the need to make some drama out of it.

I meant that people make such big deal out of it, but manga ended up completely ignoring it making the whining totally pointless xD And yea, I'm cool if Kei was cool with it. I'm just surprised manga didn't follow on xD

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I meant that people make such big deal out of it, but manga ended up completely ignoring it making the whining totally pointless xD And yea, I'm cool if Kei was cool with it. I'm just surprised manga didn't follow on xD

It's not so much a matter of whining so much that it's actually a central plot thread. The story to After Hours is mostly about Emi finding her direction, and deciding for herself how to move forward. The fact that she's still living with her ex is a sign of her failure to do so, as she's still taking the path of least resistance and not asserting her own desires. Her interaction with Kei opens up possibilities for her to do so.

In light of that, I don't expect she'll move out of her ex's place until she's made a decision about her own desires and put that into action. The fact that she chose to go to Kei's place instead of her ex's is part of that and significant in its own way, but it is strange to invest panels in setting up a talk between Emi and Kei, and not follow up on it at all.

I guess the upshot is that in light of the fact that the story is Emi's journey to identify her own desires and become a person who'll act on them, this chapter has some significant elements and isn't just filler. However, the matter of her having a talk to Kei being set up so clearly in the previous chapter is wasted when the following doesn't contain any reference to it at all.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I heard that this got DMCA'd.
Now I don't know if it'll be worth my money or not if it ever comes out of Japan.

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

We TL'd the entire first volume, so if you liked that please do at least buy vol 1!

joined Mar 25, 2013

The downloads disappeared for some reason form the sexyakiba tumblr.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

probably got DMCA, was also DMCA-ed out of Botato.

Anyone knows of any particular reason? or just done for the sake of DMCA?

joined Mar 25, 2013

probably got DMCA, was also DMCA-ed out of Botato.

Anyone knows of any particular reason? or just done for the sake of DMCA?

They didn't say they got a DMCA though, just the old message that Dynasty got the notice and to view it on their tumblr or Batoto.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

They didn't say they got a DMCA though, just the old message that Dynasty got the notice and to view it on their tumblr or Batoto.

assuming they did get one.
as I said, it is no longer in Botato, just the manga page with a notice

Received removal request from shogakukan. Do not reupload

Just would like to know if there are chances of english licencing...
that would be nice... instead of it just getting DMCA-ed out of existence for any non-japanese readers.

To reply you must either login or sign up.