Forum › After Hours discussion

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Damn I'm definitely gonna support this series when it comes out. Thank you Rankarana for the work you've done on the series and for introducing it to us!

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-10-03/viz-media-licenses-after-hours-yuri-manga/.107211

Omfg yes I was hoping for this so hard

Speaking of which, there's still only one compiled volume? Didnt V1 come out last October? Is there a delay?

last edited at Oct 4, 2016 6:00PM

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

Yeah, there kinda is, apparently - but also the series ended up getting a sudden surge in sales this year, so they're reprinting it with a bunch more copies before moving onto vol 2, I think? There was something on Nishio's twitter about it last month.

joined Sep 21, 2014

I hope the delay isnt cus of something bad :<
But oh, the sales are great news. Is there any particular reason I wonder

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

Ahhhh I am so pumped from hearing about the licensing! What fantastic news :)

blatant_harvester
Snpl
joined Feb 16, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/uZdwJIp.jpg

From the licensed version.

Slightly disappointed.

joined Oct 4, 2014

Slightly disappointed.

What is happening ? Did she slept with a guy ?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

luztc posted:

Slightly disappointed.

She's up all night 'til the sun
She's up all night to get some
She's up all night for good fun
She's up all night to get lucky

joined Sep 21, 2014

Slightly disappointed.

They're disappointed with the joke not translating well in english

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Anyone knows how many chapters are out in Japan? and how many chapters the vol 1 has?

joined Mar 15, 2017

Anyone knows how many chapters are out in Japan? and how many chapters the vol 1 has?

Vol 1 is 1-5, vol 2 is 6-10. I think the latest chapter was 16, which was in the final issue of Hibana. There might be 1 more final chapter in vol 3, due sometime in Winter.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Reejun posted:

Vol 1 is 1-5, vol 2 is 6-10. I think the latest chapter was 16, which was in the final issue of Hibana. There might be 1 more final chapter in vol 3, due sometime in Winter.

Thanks, I really like this one.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I really like the second tome, the end was soooo cute ♥♥ but is the end really that that bad? D:!

joined Jun 12, 2015

Now you are worrying me

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I really like the second tome, the end was soooo cute ♥♥ but is the end really that that bad? D:!

No detailed spoilers, just my complaints:
I personally found most of volume 3 really irritating. The original conflicts from volume 1 and 2 are wrapped up in chapters 11-13, and then from 14 on it's pretty much garbage. A new conflict appears out of nowhere. It's a very cliche plot twist that I've seen many romance series use as an ending. It doesn't work here at all. There's no build up whatsoever, and it requires the characters to act completely irrationally. It's so disconnected from everything that came before that I have to imagine that the author was told "You've got 3 chapters, and then it's done" shortly after chapter 13 was published. Worth buying volume 3 to see chapters 11-13, and just to finish it. But overall a very disappointing ending to a really nice series.

last edited at Sep 4, 2018 2:39PM

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

No detailed spoilers, just my complaints:
I personally found most of volume 3 really irritating. The original conflicts from volume 1 and 2 are wrapped up in chapters 11-13, and then from 14 on it's pretty much garbage. A new conflict appears out of nowhere. It's a very cliche plot twist that I've seen many romance series use as an ending. It doesn't work here at all. There's no build up whatsoever, and it requires the characters to act completely irrationally. It's so disconnected from everything that came before that I have to imagine that the author was told "You've got 3 chapters, and then it's done" shortly after chapter 13 was published. Worth buying volume 3 to see chapters 11-13, and just to finish it. But overall a very disappointing ending to a really nice series.

Thank you for this ^^ now I'll buy it anyway because I want to know how it ends but I'll have this in mind. Kinda sad that it sounds like it gets cancelled :/

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Also I need to say that I didn't expect a really fast answer when the last coment was a year ago xD

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Also I need to say that I didn't expect a really fast answer when the last coment was a year ago xD

I happened to see this near the top of the list of forum threads, and since I can't resist a chance to complain I immediately clicked on it. :P

Hopefully you'll enjoy it more than I did. I'll probably reread it myself when it comes out in English.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I happened to see this near the top of the list of forum threads, and since I can't resist a chance to complain I immediately clicked on it. :P

Hopefully you'll enjoy it more than I did. I'll probably reread it myself when it comes out in English.

I have an acount since 2014 and I started here in 2013 and didn't know about that x'DDDDDD I should pay more atention...

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

Don’t get this manga, it’s bait and switch yuri and it’s terribly written!!!!

last edited at Dec 15, 2018 7:42PM

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Huh? What the hell are you talking about? Did you even read it?

I have my own problems with the ending (kind of a lot of them), but you couldn't honestly call this series "bait-and-switch".

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

schuyguy posted:

Huh? What the hell are you talking about? Did you even read it?

I have my own problems with the ending (kind of a lot of them), but you couldn't honestly call this series "bait-and-switch".

Mind to spoil me? Want to know if it is worth reading after volume 1.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Mind to spoil me? Want to know if it is worth reading after volume 1.

When it come to Volume 2 and the first half of Volume 3, I'll just say that they're very good, and largely continue the plot threads from Volume 1 Emi exploring her new world while trying to deal with unfinished business from her previous relationship.

But after that, Kei just up and leaves, disappearing without notice. It turns out her father died, and so she went back to the countryside to deal with family matters. For whatever reason, she decided to completely cut Emi and all of her friends out of her life, and doesn't speak to any of them or respond to their attempts to contact her. Emi finds her eventually, and convinces her to come back, but Kei says she'll have to spend a year getting her family business sorted out. It's a completely arbitrary, generic, and anti-climactic ending. Or at least that's how I remember it, I read it a while ago.

The ending isn't really bad, it's just boring. It doesn't ruin the stuff that comes before it, which I really did like.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

schuyguy posted:

But after that, Kei just up and leaves, disappearing without notice. It turns out her father died, and so she went back to the countryside to deal with family matters. For whatever reason, she decided to completely cut Emi and all of her friends out of her life, and doesn't speak to any of them or respond to their attempts to contact her. Emi finds her eventually, and convinces her to come back, but Kei says she'll have to spend a year getting her family business sorted out. It's a completely arbitrary, generic, and anti-climactic ending. Or at least that's how I remember it, I read it a while ago.

The ending isn't really bad, it's just boring. It doesn't ruin the stuff that comes before it, which I really did like.

Oh jeez, I hate that kind of stuff. Drama for the sake of drama. There was no reason for it to happen, they could just talk it over, but we need some shit happening at the end so they turn it into conflict or whatever other reason for it was. Sure it doesn't ruin everything else that came, but it still leaves bad taste and ends work on a bad note. Just ignore the ending/last X chapters is really not the way you want people to talk about your story.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Oh jeez, I hate that kind of stuff. Drama for the sake of drama. There was no reason for it to happen, they could just talk it over, but we need some shit happening at the end so they turn it into conflict or whatever other reason for it was. Sure it doesn't ruin everything else that came, but it still leaves bad taste and ends work on a bad note. Just ignore the ending/last X chapters is really not the way you want people to talk about your story.

Yeah. It feels very much like the publisher told the author to wrap it up about 4 chapters before the ending. Maybe he'd planned this all along but had to condense it, or maybe he had to think up something dramatic at the last minute to fill up the end of volume 3.

It's just really funny how often romance manga will end with one character suddenly moving away in the second to last chapter, and the other character having to either go find them or wait for them, with them reuniting in the last chapter for the finale. I can think up 5 off the top of my head, but I bet I've read at least a dozen that do this. It's like this is just the default response to "Oh shit! Manga's cancelled, I've got 3 chapters to finish it!"

To reply you must either login or sign up.