Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Port
joined Jan 23, 2015

is it just me or did no-rae's hairstyle looks more like an ajumma in this latest chapter? a cute pervy ajumma that is haha

Alextasha Uploader
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

this guide to the bookmark method might be a bit easier. it places it in the bookmark bar so you don't have to type in the link all the time.
http://imgur.com/hX4ThdH

joined Apr 20, 2015

@ kyra Can't you do both, put it on imgur and do the text overlay? I know it's better for the view counts, but some might like going to imgur more (like me) and there's also the locking/unlocking going on at comico after every 3 days.

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

kith

Can't you do both, put it on imgur and do the text overlay?

Manga. Fucking. Fox. Nuff said.

but on a serious note, the thought of the chapters I edited being on mangafox makes me really uncomfortable (as most scanlators would tell you). what's more aggravating is knowing that it can be easily avoided by just not uploading to imgur at all.

PrettyMitsuki
Glasses
joined Feb 21, 2015

Lol Seol-a mom can tell that she is in love XD. I think its sweet that Seol-a get all those food just because she will eat with Norae and now she is interested in cooking because Norae love the food. So cute!

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

:3 This is my favorite manga right now. She didn't confirm or deny that she made the food. lol. Shame shame Seol-a.

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

Was talking to an acquaintance who just caught up with The Walking Dead and was bemoaning having to now wait for each new update. I nodded my head in agreement, but didn't voice out loud that the "show" I have to wait for each week is Fluttering Feelings.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I'm in love/hate relationship with FF. Every week my whole Sunday (PST time) is wasted with anxiety. I cant do anything else besides checking Comico, checking Halmoni's pastebin, then 4chan, then Dynasty Scans, then imgur from 2pm til midnight.

Kuchiki_rukia__coloreado__by_rukiiyoruchan-d64cu3w
joined Dec 4, 2014

Thanks halmoni for the translation!

That was a very cute chapter, I think we needed some light hearted moment after all of the drama we went thru, however, am I the only one who noticed a difference with the art style? Something feels off and I can't put my finger on it.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Finally was able to read this chapter, I caught the flu and I was doing rather high fever and was in no condition to read the chapter. Temperature is more manageable now( end of second day )I don't feel like my head is in the clouds anymore.

licenciado_gato
joined May 26, 2015

I'm in love/hate relationship with FF. Every week my whole Sunday (PST time) is wasted with anxiety. I cant do anything else besides checking Comico, checking Halmoni's pastebin, then 4chan, then Dynasty Scans, then imgur from 2pm til midnight.

Same here />o< /, at my country's time, chapter is up to Comico at 4 o'clock in the evening more or less and despite i'm on finals (and i'm architecture major by the way XD) I always make the time to enjoy one of my favorite manhwas so far /*0*/ (in the time I am suppose to be drawing plans and making models, but come on! we have the right of having time to relax and enjoy the wonderful things of life, and that's what FF has become to me)

Anyway, I'm new here so I also want to THANK our Queen/Goddess/Light in the darkness Halmoni for the great job, and for taking her time to translate the chapters every week (that's not an easy job, so be thankful guys). And as for me, you are the real MVP Halmoni.

And to the community, also thank you guys, you made my day every time I come to read this forum

Greetings from Mexico

joined Apr 5, 2015

I'm on +8 GMT and my body is now wired to wake at 5am to get a glimpse of the latest chapter before playing the waiting game. FF does brighten my day and help get me battle ready for Monday working blues.

Someone mentioned above about the drawing style. I think it's more noticeable on No-rae, her hair parting is a bit different than usual. But still cute :3

CrescentLuna25
Ayase-aragaki%20-%20copy
joined Jul 20, 2013

I want more of SeolRae nsfw doujinshi Y_Y

Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

Okay, this was supposed to be a serious public somewhat announcement/statement but I'll just humor myself.

As the owner of the Imgur roughs (though I've passed managing it to flutteringfeelingsmanwha here, thank you very much!), I'll just put a piece of my mind here for you guys to chow down on (I hope you guys get a stomachache!) regarding the issue (you guys are going to be making out of).

On a non-special day of a non-special month,
someone was asking for another way to read the QCO's roughs.
Having dislike and problems for Google's way (also Microsoft) for downloads
coupled with the shitty internet I had,
I wanted to help him (or her!) and uploaded to Mediafire.
But alas, they actually wanted it to be uploaded to Imgur.
With nothing to do using the home computer cause of my broken laptop screen
and while waiting for the time I would depart,
I uploaded it to Imgur, also to test something.
Thus, the flutteringfeelings Imgur was born!
With it's awesome blog layout giving readers that webtoon experience,
QCO, Cold, kyra and d.d.d have lent their ultra superpowers to add to that.

The overlay method to the Korean comico site is a great way to give ssamba the page views he/she deserves. When they put up their website, I wanted to use OddSquad's method so I could force the readers to view it there and give Fluttering Feelings the pageviews and love (you know, the heart) it should have; considering that not everyone has an android phone which has the only available mobile app at the time. But I never got around doing it.

Now, comico has a 3-day window to let everyone read/view their comics. It is a lot of time to read the chapter, but disadvantageous for the long run considering this is going to be a long publication. Readers would want to reread chapters or arcs. The free 100 points after signup would eventually be used up. One could do the quests/achievements they have to get more points but it could be quite a lot of work:

1. Read a lot of comics per day. (Just open the the chapter then close it, you don't have to scroll it to the end; This can be quite tedious);
  2. Promote comico/manwha through SNS. web: Facebook or Kakao; mobile:Facebook, Line, Kakao, etc. (Some might not want to do this for various reasons.);
  3. Refer others: have others put your username in the referral. (Do you have a lot of friends? And I don't want extra accounts to cause false statistics so I'm not suggesting that.); and,
  4. Post comments, but Koreans and ssamba might not understand much.

Or they could pay directly but not all of us have a card to use. (Even I don't, not yet.)

There are also other problems that arise such as: the overlay method is not viable through mobile (I don't know); other people having restricted access in their country, ISP, home (how unlucky) or workplace (what the heck are you guys doing, get to work!); other people are unable to comprehend or understand the process (If you think I'm telling you you're dumb, then you think so too.); and many other things we don't know about. (We're no genius.) And there's also other people who can't be bothered. (Don't bother us either.)

With regards to those various issues, someone's suggestion to make the 3-day window an overlay-only time and have roughs uploaded after that is a great idea (or compromise as some would have it). I only thought of as: it was all or nothing. Since kyra doesn't want her work distributed and there's another editor, let's have d.d.d.'s roughs uploaded in imgur unless he/she doesn't want to do it too now. (Anyone is free to take their place, still maximum of two versions on Imgur). I was thinking of making super awful roughs so manga aggregate sites could get that instead but it seems MF updates FF.

We're pretty sure someone's going to whine or be unsatisfied (like MF this, MF that; you guys are so bitchy and whatever); You people can drop dead or get your fucking lazy asses to work and MAKE YOUR OWN ROUGHS. For god's sake, it's just roughs. Of course you can make your own FF Imgur library, too.

With that: The roughs will not be uploaded until the 3-day free viewing window has expired.

FWIW: I just view the raw on mobile or web, then just read the translation. I'm happy with that. (But reading it properly on the comic certainly gives you a better understanding.)

P.S. I would also like to encourage everyone to comment, English or whatever language they want but I'm just afraid that comico or ssamba might want us to stop translating/scanlating. And that would be very, very, very sad. We might end up having to disobey them and be rebels. But still, if you want to comment and give ssamba your international love, don't let me, or anyone, hinder you.

P.P.S. The same has been considered to other comics. (You know what I mean.)

People like what they want to like. People will do what they want to do. People will buy what they want to buy.
People can selfish and hedonistic. This kinds of things make us human, and wanting to be better in their own way is also humane. But seriously, if you want something done the way you like it, you can always do it yourself.

last edited at May 26, 2015 9:17PM

joined May 26, 2015

heyo, as a newcomer, can someone explains what this all means?

Because it kind of looks like the prominent figures in this community are holding everyone to ransom.

idk if that's the case but it's all I managed to gather from that indigestable wall of text ;_;

Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

Because it kind of looks like the prominent figures in this community are holding everyone to ransom.

idk if that's the case but it's all I managed to gather from that indigestable wall of text ;_;

Roughs will be late for 3 days in the main Imgur. kyra's version won't be uploaded there because she doesn't want to. Do what you want.

Also, I'm the one who asked her to do the overlay with the Korean comico. Because to me, doing it with the Japanese site is not enough.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Sorry for another wall of text, but if you wish to inderstand.

Definitely not anything like that. What has been done so far, is typesets have been uploaded to a public imgur album for the convenience of the readers. People enjoyed that because these typesets were uploaded hours after the official release using Halmoni's translation. However, as it was imgur, once these typesets were uploaded, there was no reason to visit the Comico site, which Fluttering Feelings is hosted. Comico works in a way that the more views/likes it gets, the better it is for the author. Releases are completely free, whether you have an account or not, for the first 3 days on Comico. Anyone and everyone can view a chapter the moment it is released. After 3 days though, you have to "rent" chapters using credits using an account (you are given 100 free credits upon registration, each chapter costs 5 to rent). Simple enough, yes? But despite making it so easy to view and in turn support the author, the imgur album was limiting potential visits/views. To solve this, these "prominent" members that you speak of have come up with the idea to create an overlay on the comico website, where you can view the complete typeset, just as you would on imgur, but still give the chapter on Comico offical visits/views. Everything is still free and still easily accessible. And as a plus, after the standard 3 days where chapters close, the typesets would then be uploaded to imgur, just as they were before. Nothing is being held ransom. The main, and only complaint from what I can see, is that not everyone can easily access the Comico site. Issues on mobile, whatever the case. This may be a legitmaite complaint for some, but it is all a matter of convenience. There were multiple ways to access in browser Comico on mobile, some of these ways posted on this very forum, yet still some take issue with it as they see imgur as the easiest possible sollution, but again, that doesn't help Comico/Ssamba at all.

last edited at May 26, 2015 11:18AM

joined May 26, 2015

Well this just seems ridiculously complicated and unnecessary.

How much traffic will ONE scanlator generate for his Comico page in three days?

On second thought maybe it's not worth bothering with this community or this comic >_<

last edited at May 26, 2015 11:25AM

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

On second thought maybe it's not worth bothering with this community or this comic >_<

Well, I would say it's the ONLY scanlator. Halmoni does all the translations herself (until Yuri Project helps for more "official" releases later on). I am not aware of anyone else that does it for such an audience. What I am saying is, almost all english speaking readers would go through here, or /u/ where Halmoni also visits, in order to read FF. To give you an idea how many that is, Halmoni's pastebin can reach up to 6,000 views for a single chapter and the average being around 4,000. That is decent traffic. Traffic is traffic anyway, it really isn't complicated at all.

last edited at May 26, 2015 11:34AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Well, that seems like a really weird conclusion to arrive at, but go ahead I guess. All you have to do is click two links, arrange them side by side and read with some occasional scrolling.

And yeah, screw the community that provides translations like 1 hour after release. How dare they care for the author?

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Just to chime in with my two cents on this:

To give you an idea how many that is, Halmoni's pastebin can reach up to 6,000 views for a single chapter and the average being around 4,000.

Most people (like me) read the raws immediately. 'x' hours later, even more people read the raws with the translations side by side. That's what generates the 6k views ==> These are views that Ssamba is getting. Based on the view count of imgur, the max seems to be a little under 5k (with most being around 1-2k). People that read the raws, then read the translations and the raws, also read the roughs (maybe not all, but I certainly do). The people that solely read the roughs...I don't think there are very many. And, as mentioned above, usually that's for a reason. It's not outside the realm of possibility that 1-2k simply can't read it on comico for whatever reason. Mostly because not many are patient enough to wait another 5+ hours after raw releases to solely read the roughs. Those that have that kind of patience are most likely to be those that would wait for the HD release weeks later.

Anyways, doing it the proposed way, a lot of English readers are going to be contributing to views at least two-fold, possibly more if they re-read it. Furthermore, systems like YouTube (although I doubt Comico's interface is as impressive) prevent the same IP address from contributing more than once to view count, at least in the same day.

All that being said, honestly, I don't mind if there's a three-day lapse. I love that Kyra is doing the overlays, because that's how I read Cheese in the Trap.

But I do find issue with the way it was approached. Y'all literally baited people to find fault with it, and I find that [just a little] rude. There's no need to be so condescending just to account for the vast minority that would throw a hissy fit if it were [like it was later] phrased in a less 'hell hath no fury' manner. It's oddly reminiscent of Big Brother. I mean, maybe I have no idea [probably] of how often this happens, but from an objective standpoint...

If y'all would just pin a post to Facebook, for example (like OddSquad has done but via their website), detailing the instructions to read FF with the overlays, in a clear and logical manner [in addition to a brief justification on the reason], I have faith that most fans would willingly comply. There's no reason to manhandle something into a hole when it could be coaxed in, right?

OddSquad has done this for Cheese in the Trap, and they've been continuing to do so for many years, so I'm sure the method would work for FF as well, if the issue was approached better, and the instructions were easily accessible to those that didn't frequently read the forum [also pinned on new 4chan FF posts and FF facebook, etc].

And now that I have tooted my own horn, I will slink away lol.

Once again, thanks to d.d.d., Kyra, halmoni, and everyone else for their hard work.

last edited at May 26, 2015 12:56PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I don't actually follow FF right now - though I'm going to check out this overlay stuff because I find it really interesting - and only skim the topic for moderation purposes. But I do just want to say thanks to everyone for their continued hard work, and for trying to help out the artist in this way! You've certainly motivated me to take an interest I wouldn't have otherwise.

However, I also know nothing of the discussions that have been had on 4chan/Imgur/Facebook/wherever, and I understand that fan communities at large can be...difficult to work with. That said, I do agree with the kind person above. All this stuff, I think:

But I do find issue with the way it was approached. Y'all literally baited people to find fault with it, and I find that [just a little] rude. There's no need to be so condescending just to account for the vast minority that would throw a hissy fit if it were [like it was later] phrased in a less 'hell hath no fury' manner.

If y'all would just pin a post to Facebook, for example (like OddSquad has done but via their website), detailing the instructions to read FF with the overlays, in a clear and logical manner [in addition to a brief justification on the reason], I have faith that most fans would willingly comply.

OddSquad has done this for Cheese in the Trap, and backlash couldn't have been that bad if they've been continuing to do so for many years, so I'm sure the method would work for FF as well, if the issue was approached better, and the instructions were easily accessible to those that didn't frequently read the forum [also pinned on new 4chan FF posts and FF facebook, etc].

Edit: And if I spoke out of ignorance, and missed the original announcement that people reacted poorly to or something similar, please ignore everything besides my thank you.

Double edit: After checking it out (the bookmark version), that is actually one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Thanks everyone whose worked on it, you're awesome!

last edited at May 26, 2015 1:09PM

Eusebe
joined May 26, 2015

Hello,

I am the programmer of the overlay-thing, which I name Overtooning (like overtuning). (thanks OrangePekoe by the way ^^)

When a new person approaches me to learn how to use my script, I'm always googling where they come from so as to get an idea of the fans they have, and what information they have or have not (the fans, I try to give all the information to the scanlator directly). I even did this faster than usual this time because I was surprised to discover "Fluttering Feeling" was not a "free" webtoon (requires registration and/or fee and/or silly games) like all the others I'm used to. And I'm even more flaggerbasted now that I'm learning it's just for temporary roughs ^^

Just to get this out of the way: I don't meddle with the scanlators that wishes to use my script, there is no condition. So I am powerless against any decision your dear scanlators take.

I'm here to give my opinion on the subject.

First, concerning the value of foreign viewership.
I do not know how foreign viewership is perceived (and maybe filtered out). On the face of it, it is a strong possibility that foreign viewership does not generate as much money for the hosting companies, simply because they offer less deals for foreigners (and/or do not have international advertisers).
Of course, that does not make it a "con" at all, since viewership gives them opportunities which they can adapt to. On top of the fact that the author ratings are definitively relatively boosted in the short/middle term (long term it depends the company reaction: do they reject or embrace international viewership).

Second, concerning the mobile support.
Mobile support is a concern of mine, and I already went a long way now. I do not know the comico websites yet, but if there are problems there, you can totally cry and whine, I will be listening (do that where I hang out though, not here since I just registered ^^).

Lastly, the exclusive requirement of the script.
The 3 days window of the korean comico website sounds like a harsh condition to me (it must be easy and painful to miss a chapter). But if after these days you do release the whole chapter outside of the script, then it sounds okay to me. And if that's true, then I guess you are affecting only a subset of people: those who want to read the roughs within 3 days. It'd be just a tradeoff: the pain of initially installing the thing vs the pain of not read the chapters ASAP.

I believe however that if you really think the script method has its use and advantages, there is no need for exclusivity. If the script is any good, adoption should follow, if it isn't good, don't push it down people's throats ^^

My own team has made only one webtoon script-exclusive, it is the one that prompted the script in the first place: Cheese in the Trap. This webtoon has been made exclusive because the author specifically forbade the translation of her work outside of Naver, and we wished to comply. We had a very strong incentive.

Another team adopted it for a webtoon that is being officially translated: Kubera. And it is exclusive aswell. It exists because the official translations are still lacking a bit (it will become better with time) and especially lagging far behind (the last chapter that was unofficially scanlated at the time the official translation started).

So in that regard (exclusivity reasons), Fluttering Feeling is like an extreme to me, but, again, its scanlation is not my business.
I just hope I'll be able to help the people who have problems if the roughs remain exclusive ^^

Best regards.

last edited at May 26, 2015 2:27PM

Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

This thing got blown out of proportion. And I'm probably the one who did it. I'm sorry I'm easily impression with.

I'm sorry.

Really, all the heck with just the roughs had me going. I should really refrain from saying anything, especially during the first week.

I amend my decision: Any roughs can be uploaded on the Imgur without delay but kyra's won't be because she doesn't want to.

(Yes, please hate me. It's so much easier to be hated.)

To reply you must either login or sign up.