Forum › Posts by OriginalGengar

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

People LOVED Fluttering Feelings and it was the ultimate slow burn! Their Story is a pretty slow burn romance as well. Nobody accuses those two of not being yuri!

Actually pretty sure people cried about those not having any yuri early on too.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

banana on page 34

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I still don't get it? :(

From the link you tried to post the gif with, rightclick the gif and copy the picture webadress. With that you can post it here.

last edited at Jul 2, 2017 11:09AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

At first it was just the coming out that was so special to me, but the consintency of their relationship is convincing me that this may be one of the best relationships to follow on tv.

Yeah, the relationship is pretty well done. Sucks that it's in such a mediocre show though, couldn't get myself to keep watching after a while.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I just got accepted into college! Praise me! :D

Good Job. Thumbs up. Hope your years go well there along with your studies. Have a nice college life. ^_^

I can't get this gif to work. ~_~

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^ It was very good. Did not see THAT one thing coming. But felt very satisfying ^^
You'll know what I mean when you see it.

Daaaaaaaaaamn. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

Such a good and satisfying way to end the season. That picture of Bea was such a nice touch.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

Still just a little bit sad Franky got out because I really wanted her to become top dog again, but her clearing her name would be nice too.

Also another daaaaaaaaaaamn @ Sonia. Really good finale.

last edited at Jun 20, 2017 11:05PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Yeah, my guess would have been the same.
I just watched the episode... So I already know the answer ^^ But won't spoil in case you haven't seen it yet.

Got the episode ready to go, gonna watch it in a bit. Seriously hyped haha. Did you like the episode or nah?

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

The best Zombie movie I've ever seen is Zombieland.

Shaun of the Dead though.

Jesse Eisenberg's and Woody Harrelson's performances though.

Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright though.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

The best Zombie movie I've ever seen is Zombieland.

Shaun of the Dead though.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Overall I find it pretty hard to compare Wynnona Earp with Orphan Black. Two completely different shows. But entertainment wise, yes, the season opener of Earp beat Orphan Black in my opinion. On a fun-to-watch scale ;)

That's true. And Orphan Black really always picks up towards the end of the season, when it starts revealing stuff it has built up to before.

That's what I loved so much about season 2 – that ending was awesome. It wrapped all the drama up nicely and still managed to make you look forward to the next season. Perfect!

Season 2 was the one with the car and Tastee's fake mum, right? Definitely the strongest season ending of the show yet.

So... say! Who was your favorite riot gang? ;)

Mh, gangwise definitely Tastee and co. but my favorite characters this season were Flaritza, with Alison, Cindy and Gloria afterwards.

Wentworth

Haha, yeah, that was pretty disappointing, though very much in character for Vera. And I think this season is gonna be the last one for the Freak as a major role, either she dies or she escapes instead of Franky and Allie. And if she does die, I think Jake may be the one to kill her.

Deadpool

Really glad you liked it. I'm not into too many supehero movies myself (like, most of them are somewhat fun to watch once but ultimately pretty forgettable) cause they're all pretty much the same, but I am a pretty big Deadpool fan since I've read the comics and am glad that he got the movie the character deserved.

Speaking of MCU movies, my favorite movie from them is still the first Iron Man.

And speaking of The Dark Knight, I agree that TwoFace was a bit unnecessary but Heath Ledge definitely wasn't the only noteworthy part of the movie. He definitely was a rally big part of why the movie was as good as it was, but Nolan and Bale did their thing as well.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

OMG DID YOU SEE HARLEY AND JOKER AND OMG.

Didn't everyone hate the Joker? As far as I've heard, every character but Harley and the boomerang guy was shit, but I haven't seen it, so I don't know.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Well, if we're being honest, there are very few super hero movies that don't have a somewhat lackluster plot. And if I'm not mistaken, the next Deadpool movie involves Cable and I don't think his stories with Cable were all that plot heavy. The best thing about those was always the dynamic between the two of them.
Though I guess at least part of the plot could be pretty interesting if they involve Copycat.
But the action scenes are definitely gonna be a step up compared to the first movie, Leitch being involved and everything.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

But I highly doubt that Disney would even touch Deadpool. If they made a PG-13 version

That's pretty much what I'm talking about. Doubt they would have commited to the R-Rating, they seem pretty comfortable with the PG-13 audience. As much as I would love to see Deadpool interact with other Marvel heroes outside of the ones Fox has access to, I don't think Deadpool fits into their MCU.

Generally really interested in what's gonna happen to Fox's Marvel movies in the future though. With Deadpool and Logan, and Deadpool 2 too, seems like they might start focusing on more mature stuff.

last edited at Jun 17, 2017 1:26PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^ That would never happen, Marvel has definitely learned from their "X-Man: Origins" mistake ;P

Wasn't that a Fox movie too?

Edit: Ah, yep, what Nevri said. Spiderman is back to Marvel though, right?

last edited at Jun 17, 2017 1:11PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Easily one of my favorite marvel movies. I pretty much just like Deadpool in general lol.

Speaking of that, I genuinly think it would have been a worse movie if Marvel had the rights to it.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

ZuljinRaynor posted:

I saw it alone (I like never go to the movies on my own) and I was enjoying it at first, but the the action was pretty boring, there was like no character growth and nothing was ever at stake.

Well you don't really watch DP for character growth or plot. You watch it for jokes, gore and breaking the forth wall. DP was always more of parody/satire of superheroes and never took itself too seriously. The biggest strength of this movies was that it was finally a R rated superhero movie that didn't have to play it safe and could be fully for adults. DP humor from the beginning was very specific so not everyone will like it.

Yeah, pretty much this. Seems like it's not as much about you not liking the movie as it is about you not liking Deadpool in general.
Speaking of character growth though, Deadpool actually goes through a lot of it in the later comics. Sadly that probably won't ever make it into the movies because it mostly involves characters that Fox doesn't have the rights to. One of his best storylines heavily involves Thanos, for example. Another gem involves Loki and Thor, though mostly for comedic reasons.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

But Deadpool though.

Have to admit that I never watched that one...
... maybe I should...

But hey, while you're around ^^ Just watched the first episode of Wynonna Earp S2. It was as fun (and silly) as ever!!! (^_^)b Loved it!
With all of the shows that recently started airing again, this one was my favorite first episode. Followed by Orphan Black and OitnB.
And you chose to wait... ;) (But now you at least know that it'll be worth it) (◦’ںˉ◦)

Damn, you ranked Earp higher than Orphan Black? That's pretty surprising to hear.
But yeah, definitely gonna wait this time. Waiting for the Wentworth finale is killing me right now haha.
Speaking of OITNB though, felt it went kinda downhill when they decided to focus on the drama over the comedy in the later half (though the horror-themed episode was amazing). Still pretty enjoyable and a really nice season finale, even if the cliffhanger felt kinda meh.

But Deadpool though.

Is overrated as hell. It's funny but story is bland af.

It's an action comedy, telling an amazing story was hardly what they set out to do. Especially since other than a few details they were surprisingly close to the source material.
Also surprisingly good romance, by the way, even though I went in not wanting to root for them for obvious reasons.

last edited at Jun 16, 2017 8:34PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Best superhero movie I've seen ever since Batman - The Dark Knight came out.

But Deadpool though.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Didn't expect decisionmaking and dialogue as the driving force behind enjoying Bethesda games. That's really not what they're known for and I think they're pretty average in that regard.

But I guess there is no wrong answer to why you're enjoying Bethesda games unless your answer isn't modding boobs on everything that moves because if that isn't your answer, you're lying.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Bethesda only disappoints: Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim, Fallout 4; each one less of an RPG than the last.

annoying meme

Eh, I liked those games but there are definitely reasons to be disappointed by them if you played the older games.

last edited at Jun 12, 2017 4:45PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Bethesda never disappoints.

They're just the publishers, Arkane is the developer. Arkane never disappoints.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Good to know I'm not the only one who really likes it haha. Still have 7 episodes to go but am pretty surprised by how much I enjoyed the first 6.

Yeah, it sucked me right back in too.
I'm at episode 10 already. Excited about watching the last few tonight.
But then... 12 months of waiting again... Yay... T_T

Probably gonna binge the last 7 episodes tonight myself.
And it probably helped that I went into the season expecting to be disappointed by it not being Wentworth and forgetting just how different the show actually is. All the goofyness is kinda welcome after all the whole emotional abuse thing Wentworth has going on haha.

Orphan Black has its first episode of season 5 out too. Definitely learned from my mistakes of watching Wentworth week for week though. Very much gonna wait to binge it after it's done.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Apparently everybody hates OITNB season 5.

Not me.
I fine the new format to be interesting. Nice change of pace for a while.
Also pretty clever, since Piper only has about 3 months left in prison, so that's a way to "extend" her stay ^^
Season 4 is still my favorite though.

Good to know I'm not the only one who really likes it haha. Still have 7 episodes to go but am pretty surprised by how much I enjoyed the first 6.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Apparently everybody hates OITNB season 5.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

literally I have no idea when this is supposed to take place