Forum › Posts by Judikt

Kuchiki_rukia__coloreado__by_rukiiyoruchan-d64cu3w
joined Dec 4, 2014

FF seems to attract a ton of drama, from the realistic (and non realistic) storyline debate, to the 3 days wait decision... it's like we can't catch a break and it's honestly disheartening to read, but if anything it does show that people are really passionate about this manhwa and that's a good thing.

I worked for 10 years in a very popular French scanlation team and I can understand some of the concerns here (mangafox non authorized uploads, wanting for the author to get more hits...etc.), but IMHO I think it's pointless, nothing will stop people from typesetting and proving their work right after the translation is done and nothing will stop mangafox from uploading the stuff. It's a lost battle.

You cannot force people to go to comico or to "heart" each chapter, we can only hope that the fans do it to support the author.

This debate reminds me of gaming piracy, some people don't have the money to buy the games even if they want to or live in countries where CC are hard to come by... But others just don't care about supporting the devs and will pirate no matter what. Nothing will stop piracy, it's all up to people's ethics.

I can honestly say that when I was a teen and didn't have money, I pirated games and whatnot, but now as an adult my steam/manga libraries are huge.

So yeah, people will go to comico and "heart" if they want to and it's pointless to try and "force" them to do otherwise. Anyway, I know I'll always check comico and "heart" the chapters, just to feel like I'm supporting ssamba a little bit, ya know?

@Evilnemesis :

Je ne suis pas étonnée qu'il y ait des fans de mangas francophones, mais plutôt d'en croiser dans un forum anglophone. Tu sais que contrairement aux québecois, les français ont la réputation d'être anglophobes... Et bah c'est vrai! Franchement j'aime pas les stéréotypes, mais dans ce cas précis c'est justifié, le meilleur moyen de rendre quelqu'un vraiment mal à l'aise c'est de lui demander de parler en anglais, c'est limite de la torture psychologique. le pire reste quand même le fait que les gens se moquent de toi si tu montres un quelconque intéret à apprendre ou parler l'anglais.

Que se soit à l'époque où j'étais étudiante ou maintenant au taff, je peux te dire que les mentalités n'ont vraiment pas changées.

last edited at May 27, 2015 12:40PM

joined Dec 4, 2014

@Jaismot :

Beautiful art! Did you by any chance drew one of "Life Is Strange"? I reckon one of the fanart I saw has the same style.

@anonymous :

Honnêtement, tu parles euh... écris parfaitement l'anglais.

Oh wow, I would never have expected to read French in here.

Je me demande combien de francophones visitent le site et voir même contribuent aux différentes discussion...etc.

last edited at May 27, 2015 1:14AM

joined Dec 4, 2014

Thanks halmoni for the translation!

That was a very cute chapter, I think we needed some light hearted moment after all of the drama we went thru, however, am I the only one who noticed a difference with the art style? Something feels off and I can't put my finger on it.

joined Dec 4, 2014

The wait between each chapters is way too hard! I haven't felt this existed for a manga(manhwa) since a long time ago. It's so refreshing to read a slow and definitely a realistic romance, and the characters are more complex than your average protagonists. I can't help but identify with them and compare it to my own experience ya know?

Anyway, I don't know why but I feel like No-rae will confess her feelings rather quickly (maybe on the next chapter or the one after), but they won't become a couple right away.

No-rae do run away from her problems but I believe that she is a honest person, I don't think she will be able to lie to Seol-a and obviously she understood that running away and avoiding her doesn't work, so the only solution is to come clean and confess.

joined Dec 4, 2014

Ya know, I've been wondering... does it really matter who's on top?? O_o

Honestly? IRL "most" of the couples prefer to switch (ya know give and receive), so it doesn't matter that much who go first and be on top. However, sometimes you just get in the mood and want to do some power play so it can be fun to purposely top your partner and be the more assertive one.

joined Dec 4, 2014

it is always temporary unless you buy them with coins, if I got it right, i.e. you need to pay for them with your money to get unlimited access.

Thanks! I was hoping otherwise but it makes sens, I guess it's not profitable for comico nor ssamba.

joined Dec 4, 2014

Stupid question: When you unlock chapters on comico, is there a way for them to stay unlocked forever or is it always temporary?

@halmoni: I have not thanked you for your translation in quite sometimes, sooo thanks you!

joined Dec 4, 2014

Ch. 30 rough translation
http://pastebin.com/KJwqXJLB

Thanks halmoni! As per usual, your work is very much appreciated :) I do know for fact how exhausting it can be.

The chapter doesn't disappoint but the build up is killing me! I can't wait for the confrontation whatever the outcome of it.

joined Dec 4, 2014

A few pages back, we were talking about voices (well, admittedly we were talking about halmoni's cool voice!), so if FF was ever made in animé or drama, what voice actors/actors do you guys see them as?

joined Dec 4, 2014

Ladies and Gentlemen,please... You can all agree to disagree and let's just move on and be exited about the next chapter! How many hours are left before the release? I feel like an addict waiting for her next fix, haha. It has been such a long time since I felt this way too :D

joined Dec 4, 2014

omggg people still have this link SO EMBARRASSINGGG

Honestly, there is nothing to be embarrassed about! You've got a nice voice... I'm actually kinda jealous because I sound like a 5 years old girl on drugs... on good days that is. orz

Is it possible for you to write down the names in the same order that you're saying them? I'm not familiar with the Korean language at all. Going by your pronunciation, Kim No-rae was the only name I've read correctly so far.

Seol-a is pronounced more like "Suh-ra".

Oh! Is it what the one you're saying at 5s mark?

Thanks for the link by the way, it's nice to be able to actually get the names right.

joined Dec 4, 2014

First of all, thanks halmoni for the translation, you're awesome!

Who knows, maybe this would force No-rae to confess her feelings and explain why she wanted to ensure Seol-a's safety or why she was ignoring Seol-a before.

So soon?! In a country where homosexuality is looked down upon and with Seol-a being supposedly super straight from No-rae perspective, I don't think she will have the guts to do so yet, if anything she may admit to caring about her but nothing more IMO.

My predictions for th next chapters is :

A. No-rae shows up at the restaurant (before anything happens) and ask Seol-a to comeback with her. I predict some fight (argument) between them which may break the silence treatment and the wall they built.

B. Seol-a lose the guy all by herself and get back home but No-rae will let herself in anyway thinking that Seol-a may be in danger again only to found out she isn't, this situation will prompt them to talk again.

I'm really hoping for the B prediction to happen, it will be so awkward for both of them :p

Judikt
Stretch discussion 01 Apr 18:48
joined Dec 4, 2014

So far, we know a lot more about Keiko than about Ran. Between her graduation and the time she got to meet Keiko again, we don't know what she's been up to, beside studying medicine.

I don't know, I've always thought of Ran as a goal oriented person and an overachiever (just look how serious she is about stretching), it will not surprise me if we found out that she was only dedicated to studying without much of a life outside of it.

The initiative always comes from Keiko, since the beginning. She's been using Ran to heal herself and she's been giving very little back. But isn't it what Ran wanted all along ? Help people, heal them ? Hell, she does that just by being herself.

Keiko keeps on saying that she has been interested in Ran because she was cute and she sees her as a little sister, but the thing is that Keiko herself doesn't seem to realize the real reason.

I honestly believe that Keiko has been interested in Ran from the get go because she is different from her, be it from her looks, family life, background, personality... etc. Ran is the breath of fresh air that Keiko so desperately needed and still needs.

It's a little too cliche I think. You may be right but I sure hope Akili has something better in stock.

Yes, it definitely is! Hopefully we will get something different.

Keiko seemed to have a death wish (smiling at the earthquake) and her encounter with Ran seems to have "saved" her.

Just like @trafi said, my interpretation of this scene was that Keiko wished for her mother to be dead (same as when she was a teenager).

On the other side, Ran has a huge problem of self-control and that could be dangerous.

Ran looks like an alcoholic or an alcoholic in the making, being away from Keiko will destroy her for sure, unless she acknowledge her issues.

There are many many paths the author can lead us to and I sure hope he doesn't deliver one of those "after a grand confession and some drama, both finally accept they are in love with each other, they kiss, make babies and live happily ever after, putting that stretching lessons to good use".

That'd be a waste.

I think we will end up with an open to interpretation ending, some will label them "friends" and others will think of them as future romantic partners

We have to wait and see, but if anything this manga is entertaining regardless of the yuri.

Judikt
Stretch discussion 31 Mar 14:12
joined Dec 4, 2014

Wonder what the author has in mind. As I reread it, there's no clear path to yuri. It's not closed off either, but Keiko gives out conflicting vibes.

So far we know that Ran has never showed any interest in men, in fact, we only saw her interested in Keiko (admiring her, checking her out and being affectionate with her), we also saw her competing for Keiko's admiration (attention) when she took up on stretching to one up Keiko's boyfriend...etc. She seems like a typical invisible lesbian femme (If we ever must label her).

Keiko on the other hand has actually fallen in love with a guy and had a fulfilling relationship with him, she dated her fair share of men and seemed to be still interested by the opposite sex. However, she can be bi and we know that if anything she like Ran as a sister, her feelings may or may not get deeper than that. I honestly don't know, I guess she can definitely fall in love with her but so far she seems oblivious to it. I think she likes her companionship with Ran, she likes their routine and is still healing from her miscarriage and break up.

I think Ran will confess her love and Keiko will reject her at first, I think they won't live together anymore, but at some point, Keiko will realize her feelings as well and we will get our happily ever after.

joined Dec 4, 2014

This manhwa is so realistic it hurts! It reminds so much of my first love, thankfully it's from Korea or I would've seriously considered it to be written by my ex. I'm kinda disappointed about the special chapter tho, I expected it to be a turning point in the story of a sort, but I guess the ssamba needed some rest and/or making things clear once and for all to the readers.

Thanks halmoni and all of the team for your hard work, it's very much appreciated.

joined Dec 4, 2014

I'm so disappointed by this manga! I knew it was terrible from the get go and yet I kept on reading anyway, I guess I had a little hope for it to get better.