Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

Typeset's are up in the gallery.
Takachi's version: http://imgur.com/a/b7OFh
Xann's version: http://imgur.com/a/hI7aT

last edited at Mar 15, 2016 4:01AM

Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

Lezhin is now available in English! Change your language to English.
Now go pester their Facebook for WDFS https://www.facebook.com/lzhncomics/

Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

Sorry for the wait. Chapter 44 typeset by thatanon is up on imgur http://imgur.com/a/ont1d
Please use the direct link for now.

last edited at Sep 7, 2015 7:15AM

Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

Ok... can someone tell me if Comico changed "3 days free comic time" for just 1 day for good?

Is it for forever or it's just because after hiatus all chapters were unlocked for some time and they decided to lock newest chapter earlier?

Free viewing is now limited to the day of release, KST.

Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

I don't know if that issue has been fixed and just reverted again.
Anyway, try going directly to the comic page http://www.lezhin.com/comic/what_does_the_fox_say, you should be able to view it. Then try viewing/buying chapter 2.

Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

Hi (and thank you)! Yep, read it all and sign in with my fb account like they suggested on the tutorial, but that's what I see..

http://i.imgur.com/4Ik6UUv.png

on the Lezhin homepage, not the WDTFS one

Anyway, thanks again! =)

That's the Japanese version, they've integrated it in the main site recently. That's the default one you'll see when you visit for the first time.

Go to the bottom right corner of the page and you should see the language button there. Switch to Korean.

jrdp_18
World Canvas Manga 04 Jul 05:59
Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

Ok I'm going to the Philippines in a week in a half! Do you know where to buy the book, Anju? Even if I can't read it I want to support the author.

Where in the Philippines would you be? There should be stocks in the Precious Pages Bookstore in their branch at 2nd floor Farmers Plaza, Cubao.

jrdp_18
World Canvas Manga 03 Jul 20:29
Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

404 on the page to buy the ebook

Edited the link. Something got left there when I was figuring out linking.

jrdp_18
World Canvas Manga 03 Jul 12:31
Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

For interested buyers not in the Philippines, the author said you could try getting an ebook version here: http://www.preciouspagesebookstore.com.ph/Contact
(And she's like "given" her personal approval to scanlate it in English. Take note of the quotes, okay?)

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 8:27PM

Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

The overlay error is caused by incompatible raw and overlays. They're viewing the free/720p version, while the overlay was made for the paid/1024px version.

Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

A question: What are the points for? Creating an account gave 100, apparently, but how can they be used?

I haven't seen anything on Lezhin that uses points. So basically they're useless. The FAQ said something about special services or whatever using coins/points, but I haven't come across anything like that either.

You can use them here, some supplementary comics or something. http://www.lezhin.com/special
I remember you can also use them somewhere else but I can't read Korean so I stopped exploring much.

Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

This thing got blown out of proportion. And I'm probably the one who did it. I'm sorry I'm easily impression with.

I'm sorry.

Really, all the heck with just the roughs had me going. I should really refrain from saying anything, especially during the first week.

I amend my decision: Any roughs can be uploaded on the Imgur without delay but kyra's won't be because she doesn't want to.

(Yes, please hate me. It's so much easier to be hated.)

Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

heyo, as a newcomer, can someone explains what this all means?

Because it kind of looks like the prominent figures in this community are holding everyone to ransom.

idk if that's the case but it's all I managed to gather from that indigestable wall of text ;_;

Roughs will be late for 3 days in the main Imgur. kyra's version won't be uploaded there because she doesn't want to. Do what you want.

Also, I'm the one who asked her to do the overlay with the Korean comico. Because to me, doing it with the Japanese site is not enough.

jrdp_18
World Canvas Manga 26 May 10:33
Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

jdrp_18, I'm kinda translating word for word, so don't be surprised if you find some translations odd?haha. being the sole scanlator plus my carelessness, errors would be inevitable, thanks for suggestions, corrected the *her thingy by the way lol.

Is that also how you did it with the introduction? It's well done and much more attention-grabbing than my almost verbatim one. When I said they're okay, some are as good as the intro, some are kind of verbatim but not everything can be helped.

sole scanlator

What happened to the person who wanted to help you? What kind of help do you want, or need?

Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

Okay, this was supposed to be a serious public somewhat announcement/statement but I'll just humor myself.

As the owner of the Imgur roughs (though I've passed managing it to flutteringfeelingsmanwha here, thank you very much!), I'll just put a piece of my mind here for you guys to chow down on (I hope you guys get a stomachache!) regarding the issue (you guys are going to be making out of).

On a non-special day of a non-special month,
someone was asking for another way to read the QCO's roughs.
Having dislike and problems for Google's way (also Microsoft) for downloads
coupled with the shitty internet I had,
I wanted to help him (or her!) and uploaded to Mediafire.
But alas, they actually wanted it to be uploaded to Imgur.
With nothing to do using the home computer cause of my broken laptop screen
and while waiting for the time I would depart,
I uploaded it to Imgur, also to test something.
Thus, the flutteringfeelings Imgur was born!
With it's awesome blog layout giving readers that webtoon experience,
QCO, Cold, kyra and d.d.d have lent their ultra superpowers to add to that.

The overlay method to the Korean comico site is a great way to give ssamba the page views he/she deserves. When they put up their website, I wanted to use OddSquad's method so I could force the readers to view it there and give Fluttering Feelings the pageviews and love (you know, the heart) it should have; considering that not everyone has an android phone which has the only available mobile app at the time. But I never got around doing it.

Now, comico has a 3-day window to let everyone read/view their comics. It is a lot of time to read the chapter, but disadvantageous for the long run considering this is going to be a long publication. Readers would want to reread chapters or arcs. The free 100 points after signup would eventually be used up. One could do the quests/achievements they have to get more points but it could be quite a lot of work:

1. Read a lot of comics per day. (Just open the the chapter then close it, you don't have to scroll it to the end; This can be quite tedious);
  2. Promote comico/manwha through SNS. web: Facebook or Kakao; mobile:Facebook, Line, Kakao, etc. (Some might not want to do this for various reasons.);
  3. Refer others: have others put your username in the referral. (Do you have a lot of friends? And I don't want extra accounts to cause false statistics so I'm not suggesting that.); and,
  4. Post comments, but Koreans and ssamba might not understand much.

Or they could pay directly but not all of us have a card to use. (Even I don't, not yet.)

There are also other problems that arise such as: the overlay method is not viable through mobile (I don't know); other people having restricted access in their country, ISP, home (how unlucky) or workplace (what the heck are you guys doing, get to work!); other people are unable to comprehend or understand the process (If you think I'm telling you you're dumb, then you think so too.); and many other things we don't know about. (We're no genius.) And there's also other people who can't be bothered. (Don't bother us either.)

With regards to those various issues, someone's suggestion to make the 3-day window an overlay-only time and have roughs uploaded after that is a great idea (or compromise as some would have it). I only thought of as: it was all or nothing. Since kyra doesn't want her work distributed and there's another editor, let's have d.d.d.'s roughs uploaded in imgur unless he/she doesn't want to do it too now. (Anyone is free to take their place, still maximum of two versions on Imgur). I was thinking of making super awful roughs so manga aggregate sites could get that instead but it seems MF updates FF.

We're pretty sure someone's going to whine or be unsatisfied (like MF this, MF that; you guys are so bitchy and whatever); You people can drop dead or get your fucking lazy asses to work and MAKE YOUR OWN ROUGHS. For god's sake, it's just roughs. Of course you can make your own FF Imgur library, too.

With that: The roughs will not be uploaded until the 3-day free viewing window has expired.

FWIW: I just view the raw on mobile or web, then just read the translation. I'm happy with that. (But reading it properly on the comic certainly gives you a better understanding.)

P.S. I would also like to encourage everyone to comment, English or whatever language they want but I'm just afraid that comico or ssamba might want us to stop translating/scanlating. And that would be very, very, very sad. We might end up having to disobey them and be rebels. But still, if you want to comment and give ssamba your international love, don't let me, or anyone, hinder you.

P.P.S. The same has been considered to other comics. (You know what I mean.)

People like what they want to like. People will do what they want to do. People will buy what they want to buy.
People can selfish and hedonistic. This kinds of things make us human, and wanting to be better in their own way is also humane. But seriously, if you want something done the way you like it, you can always do it yourself.

last edited at May 26, 2015 9:17PM

jrdp_18
World Canvas Manga 17 May 11:58
Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

I was talking about the font size. It was called header in the forum markdown. Heading 4 is pretty big for the effect I wanted.

intro

Remove the "the" in the Central Station bubble.

segment 1, p5

Let me see her father's work.

p5

The 60 looks like Go.

segment 2, p3 bubble 1

You don't need the "You" before "Be careful".

p4 panel 4 bubble 2

chic > chick

p4 last panel

You're just hitting on her.

p6

I think just one "hey" would suffice. Sounds like pep talk.
I don't have a choice...

Intro is superb. Segment 1 and 2 are okay.

last edited at Jul 5, 2017 2:22AM

jrdp_18
World Canvas Manga 17 May 05:39
Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

4 years later

"Sera! Rhia! I've brought some food-"
Panel 2
"-AH."
"...................."
Panel 3
"...um, okay."
"I'll just come back later."
"HEY WAIT!! BROTHER!!"

last edited at Jul 5, 2017 2:21AM

Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

But so far I heard the chemistry's really good.

Hmmm it's good. And it's good the lead actress got changed. I don't think the previous one's charm fit the bill (on being rich).

education of the masses

Having a bit of know makes it kinda "on your face" but it's good.

My Husband's Lover

Wasn't able to watch it too that's why I can't say much in regards to the director's skill.

Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

Man I'm watching this in primetime but the length of the commercials is killing the mood. I always end up with "I wanna sleep, this is so long" while the commercials are going on.

I could say the direction and acting is good that I'm able to hold my candle even if it's full of tired and tested issues/cliches. Or I'm simply interested in how this goes. I always end up dissecting Filipino drama when I end up watching it.

jrdp_18
World Canvas Manga 17 May 02:27
Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

Good job, good job anju!

(Can't I get a common ground with 2nd and 1st header?)

last edited at Jul 5, 2017 2:22AM

jrdp_18
Rhapsody discussion 17 May 01:35
Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

p18-21 of A World Of Beautiful Women is not part of the chapter.

Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

"is she filipino?"
me: say wut?! o.o

haha.. :D

my thoughts exactly!! XD

i'm glad i'm not the only one XD

I've only noticed it at my third reading.

I'm not scared of dentists. But after having an appointment with a careless one, I kinda get worried every time.
She was chatting with her assistant while treating me and she drilled too much. Now I suffer Dentin Hypersensitivity like most people. I miss my un-sensitive gums.