Forum › Fish Can't Keep Their Feet on the Ground discussion

Sasasasasaas
joined Aug 31, 2020

Oh
My
God

As a writer myself, this has to be one of the best Oneshots I've read, in terms of character depth. The author's characterization shone brightly alongside the logic and motives of each character.

I actually held my breath whilst reading each page

Frickin amazing

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Triple yandere? C-c-combo~

joined Jun 3, 2026

holy shit its beautiful
the sayolara we shouldve gotten
actual peak

joined Jun 7, 2019

better ending that you know what

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

I know that this was written entirely seperately, and they're just drawing from the same source material, but I do find the idea supremely funny.

Lara was just so controversial it woke up every sapphic writer and made them collectivelly go "Nah, I can do better. Bet."

rudtud Uploader
Cyute
joined Apr 11, 2019

they're all perfect for each other

joined Feb 25, 2025

It’s ok?
The pacing between pages or the “mini-arcs” feel a little, idk, it’s like someone is breaking the 4th wall and saying “Let me tell how this really happened” it gives me the same feeling
The art is stunning, I am glad it’s between two mermaids, and I like that she in fact did it for her own sake, not to help others but again, it bothers me that the plot twist in most toxic yuri is that the toxicity is mutual

dandalyn Uploader
Caster-twitch-notext
joined Aug 6, 2024

I know that this was written entirely seperately, and they're just drawing from the same source material, but I do find the idea supremely funny.

Lara was just so controversial it woke up every sapphic writer and made them collectivelly go "Nah, I can do better. Bet."

(I forgot to mention this in the notes, but this oneshot just happened to release 1 week before Sayonara Lara’s premiere lol)

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Guys why is "I can make her worse" soooooooo good?
It shouldn't be. But it is!
I can't look away. I love it!

Kuroko-railgun
joined Jul 21, 2024

Well, the art and imagery are beautiful

Img_0826
joined Aug 30, 2026

Im crying omw to school this is too beautiful ;-;

SchroCatDinger
Takodachi_slime_bocchi_by_walkman0_dg1rfr9-pre
joined Feb 18, 2021

why do they need to do all that?

Znsgti0paygh1
joined Sep 24, 2026

Ugh, terrible and gorgeous. May their reign of a tempestuous sea run long and deep. <3

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

Im crying omw to school this is too beautiful ;-;

same but im on the bus to work, absolute peak...

Avatar
joined Aug 29, 2019

I did not expect the triple yandere at the start.
This was fun. They all totally deserve each other.

1000002126_optimized_50
joined Sep 22, 2025

Oh my, I..
I was kind of hoping it didn't go down the route of 'the princess was super yandere for her too and would get super jealous', but.. christ almighty, that was SO bloody good. (Bloody, in both senses of the word!)

Well, uh, they'll be happy together; all four of them, I hope.

joined Apr 11, 2022

The fiance is out of the loop though, feel a bit bad for her.

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

These poor unfortunate souls make Ursula seem reasonable. Why is everyone here insane? Must be something in the water.

joined Feb 22, 2026

Does Halniya get her voice back from Aysha stabbing the prince, watching the stabbing, or because she struck a better deal with the witch? And does Aysha ever get her voice back by recognizing Halniya's reciprocation of her love, or no? Do they turn into foam at the end? I don't quite know how to interpret those bits and details

joined May 30, 2025

superb oneshot.

Aizawa
joined Oct 24, 2025

Absolutely amazing. In the end Ursula was the only sane, mentally well-put together individual. Brilliant. Loved the characters, loved the yanderism (that isn't a word but it is on now), loved the story.

588639047799537665
joined May 23, 2025

I did not expect the prince to end up being equally unhinged as the two mermaids, figured he was just a throw-away character as is so often the case with characters like him. I liked it. Stories about toxic relationships are more enjoyable when everyone involved is a mess

Mangetsu
joined Oct 24, 2021

fun but entirely too convoluted, definitely something where it feels like everything was written backwards from the conclusion.

Img_3131
joined Nov 25, 2023

incredible story. and tbh i had a feeling something was fishy (lol) about the prince from his first appearance, because he's got this weird grin on his face. makes him seem like he's hiding something. the love interest mermaid's thing though was a total twist, i didn't see that coming at all. makes her kind of feral looking eyes even cuter

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

What in the yandere? I guess everyone got what they wanted. Happy ending....?

To reply you must either login or sign up.